Release Valyria Tear

Just tried to swap SDs and run it on an EXT2 SD, also redownloaded and it's always in english... also tried after an OS update... now I have the urge to find what's wrong in my Pandora...

I will extract the PND content hoping to find some better debug info about this

Just tried to swap SDs and run it on an EXT2 SD, also redownloaded and it's always in english... also tried after an OS update... now I have the urge to find what's wrong in my Pandora...

I will extract the PND content hoping to find some better debug info about this
That's very weird. I'm interested in your findings!

What happens when you select a language ? Are the entries immediately translated ? Because I can see a lag of 1 second after I select

Just installed this game. Thanks for the port :)

But I seem to have the same problem as PowerGod. Can't change the language to something other than English (the settings are saved correctly in the LUA file)

Installed on an ext4 sd card and running on a GHz-Unit with latest Zaxxon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved the "LC_MESSAGES" directory from "share/locale/it" to "share/locale/en@quot" (and removed the original one) to try force Italian as the default language, but it still starts in english O_O

I tried all the languages (with and without a restart) before starting the PND hacking session, but till now the game remained english

Just an idea and most probably wrong: Maybe it's something with file permissions / mount options which forbid executing the lua-scripts? Have you tried changing other options?

Just an idea and most probably wrong: Maybe it's something with file permissions / mount options which forbid executing the lua-scripts? Have you tried changing other options?
permissions all ok... if I change the "language.lua" the menu options changes accordingly, but seems like it doesn't use the language files... I even tried to copy the language files in every possible path... exchange them... and I even deleted the directory, but I get no errors and no language change...

I donwloaded the Windows version and there all the languages are working right, anyway the directory structure is a little different...

the language directory is named "po" instead of "local" and is in another location

@ptitseb: I substituted all the files (except the program) with the ones of the Windows version, all is working, but still no language change... anyway seems that this is not a problem of the configuration but of the binary itself.

I can't debug it because it have hardcoded the path of your SD with the sources and can't find the needed files...

Well, I ran into battles, and got my butt kicked...I discovered too late there is no apparent way to run away from battles in this game, lol.

I had not yet tried just standing there to see if it still attacks while you fiddle or if you could leave it for ten minutes and come back and have had nothing happen.

The latter is the way I prefer MY RPG's...so that one could set it down for ten minutes, come back, and have had nothing happen.

Will have to fool around more, but it seems fun at the moment.

Yes, Kumaki DOES like this one!

I'm enjoying it very much.

Found the second Save Point, kicked Fenrir's butt.  Have not found Orlinn in the Forest yet...got to the area where Snakes are, and decided to turn back, to go back to town to beef up equipment.  Now going back in there.

Still "too young" to trade stuff with sophia, no idea how to get some better weapons yet, only some armor, but got that.

I actually like the battle system here.

You could leave it for ten minutes and nothingwould happen, because it stops when it's your turn to select attack - so you get time to make a strategic attack, unlike the contant, non-stop of ATP?? battle systems, where monsters get to just whale and whale and whale away at you.

Obviously, better monsters get to attack more frequently than not as good monsters...and, as you get better in relation to your enemies, you get to attack them more often than you used to...which obviously means your attack speed is increasing slightly as your level does...

No, this is a truly fun game!

Minor complaint about the lag time in screen transition, but this was already discussed in the description of the game, so knew to expect it, would be nice if that could get resolved somehow.  Also, the text size has been discussed.  I'm okay with the current text, but I can see where some bigger font might be nice.

Seriously, those two things, minor as they are, are my only complaints so far, I truly am liking this one.

@ptitseb: I substituted all the files (except the program) with the ones of the Windows version, all is working, but still no language change... anyway seems that this is not a problem of the configuration but of the binary itself. I can't debug it because it have hardcoded the path of your SD with the sources and can't find the needed files...
I will try to debug the init phase this WE. The binary is looking for is data on /mnt/utmp/valyriatear/share/valyriatear IIRC. I had to setup path in the ccmake yes.

That's very strange because I used French with the first build with no issue, and on 2 Pandoras (1 GHz and 1 CC). So I don't think it's Data or Binary related, but it must be System related.

Maybe it's the Locale setup. I have setup, in "~/.bashrc " 2 variables to have my System localized in French:

Code:
export LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
export LC_ALL="fr_FR"

@ptitseb: I substituted all the files (except the program) with the ones of the Windows version, all is working, but still no language change... anyway seems that this is not a problem of the configuration but of the binary itself. I can't debug it because it have hardcoded the path of your SD with the sources and can't find the needed files...
I will try to debug the init phase this WE. The binary is looking for is data on /mnt/utmp/valyriatear/share/valyriatear IIRC. I had to setup path in the ccmake yes.That's very strange because I used French with the first build with no issue, and on 2 Pandoras (1 GHz and 1 CC). So I don't think it's Data or Binary related, but it must be System related.

Maybe it's the Locale setup. I have setup, in "~/.bashrc " 2 variables to have my System localized in French:

export LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
export LC_ALL="fr_FR"
That can be an explanation if french is the only language you can use, do you have tried for example German ?

Yesterday I had a look at their forum, and I did found nothing that can make think about system settings.

Anyway tonight I'll try to set those values to see if something change.

I haven't try (and can't right now), but maybe it want the variable to exist, whatever the content is (and you can try with it_IT instead). If that's the case, I can easily create default english value of those variables in the runscript if they don't already exist.

That did the trick ! Added the vars in bashrc, rebooted, started the game and I was able to activate every language ! :)

mmm... wait... there is something more... was working with your french values, and I was able to activate every language but the Pandora was in french, so I put those vars in italian, the Pandora menus were still in english but I wasn't able anymore to change language for the game...

Seems like you can change game language only if you set those vars to a language recognized by the system ?! o_O

That did the trick ! Added the vars in bashrc, rebooted, started the game and I was able to activate every language ! :)
Great!

And you can have your pandora in Italian also ;)

I will do a new PND this weekend (I think) that create thoses variables in the runscript if they don't exists.

Back