US & Canada Open Pandora GmbH Preorders & Ithic.com Shipping

Hmm, I'm very confused. I apologize if these questions are a bit silly. I'm just very new to this process, and I'm buying for my fiance rather than for myself.

I live in the US, and I preordered from here: http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_ckforms&view=ckforms&id=1&Itemid=34&lang=en, rather than from Ithic.com. Is this going to make a difference? Do I need to switch? Or go to Ithic.com to pay for my order? Will one option or the other result in a faster/sooner delivery time?

Also, I'm curious as to why the prices are slightly different? There's $499 listed on Ithic, whereas there's 387 EUR ($515.83) listed in the confirmation email I received.

Thank you.

It might be a stupid question, I just wanted to make sure though.

If you buy from ithic do you still need to preorder on the main site or pay anyone else?
That depends, what are you buying from my shop?

I'm doing the shipping for those who preordered from EDs shop and paid him within the US & Canada. Orders placed between Sep 2011 up to March 2012 (currently)

Hmm, I'm very confused. I apologize if these questions are a bit silly. I'm just very new to this process, and I'm buying for my fiance rather than for myself.

I live in the US, and I preordered from here: http://openpandora.o...emid=34&lang=en, rather than from Ithic.com. Is this going to make a difference? Do I need to switch? Or go to Ithic.com to pay for my order? Will one option or the other result in a faster/sooner delivery time?

Also, I'm curious as to why the prices are slightly different? There's $499 listed on Ithic, whereas there's 387 EUR ($515.83) listed in the confirmation email I received.

Thank you.
You've preordered from Open Pandora GmbH. You need to make the payment with them when asked to do so.

Once you've paid them, your Pandora will come in a larger bulk order to the US to save you some cash on shipping. The bulk package will be broken down into smaller orders and your order will ship to you.

@Ithic.com, you can upgrade your shipping from UPS Ground to 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air, or Next Day Air at Ithic.com for domestic shipping (it won't speed up the time the bulk package is in transit from Germany to the US). You can order items from Ithic.com to combine with your preorder from OpenPandora GmbH to save on shipping. But if you've already paid Open Pandora GmbH for your order, then you don't need to do anything from my shop at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you buy from ithic do you still need to preorder on the main site or pay anyone else?

I'm doing the shipping for those who preordered from EDs shop and paid him within the US & Canada. Orders placed between Sep 2011 up to March 2012 (currently)

If I could simply buy an Open Pandora from ithic I was just going to do that instead of going through any other sites. I live in the US and my bank forbids out of country purchases, so I have to go through a ton of unnecessary trouble to buy things that are outside of the US. So if buying from ithic could/would save me that trouble I was just going to do that.

If I could simply buy an Open Pandora from ithic I was just going to do that instead of going through any other sites. I live in the US and my bank forbids out of country purchases, so I have to go through a ton of unnecessary trouble to buy things that are outside of the US. So if buying from ithic could/would save me that trouble I was just going to do that.

My bank is touchy on out of country orders as well. I found paying through paypal seems to bypass these issues, google checkout tends makes the issue even worse.

Yes, that would be great, I only have a limited number of units available, and selling them keeps the whole machine flowing for everyone.

My bank is touchy on out of country orders as well. I found paying through paypal seems to bypass these issues, google checkout tends makes the issue even worse.
I just had a customer have some issues with Google Checkout, .ch in the email address I think is what flagged them, as Google is only hip on US/UK customers currently.

I live in the US, and I preordered from here: http://openpandora.o...emid=34&lang=en, rather than from Ithic.com. Is this going to make a difference? Do I need to switch? Or go to Ithic.com to pay for my order? Will one option or the other result in a faster/sooner delivery time?

Thank you.
You've preordered from Open Pandora GmbH. You need to make the payment with them when asked to do so.

Once you've paid them, your Pandora will come in a larger bulk order to the US to save you some cash on shipping. The bulk package will be broken down into smaller orders and your order will ship to you.

@Ithic.com, you can upgrade your shipping from UPS Ground to 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air, or Next Day Air at Ithic.com for domestic shipping (it won't speed up the time the bulk package is in transit from Germany to the US). You can order items from Ithic.com to combine with your preorder from OpenPandora GmbH to save on shipping. But if you've already paid Open Pandora GmbH for your order, then you don't need to do anything from my shop at all.

Thank you for your detailed explanation! I haven't received the payment email from Open Pandora GmbH yet, so I guess my unit won't be among the ones shipped from Germany to the US on March 29 :( . I can still add items to my order from your shop, then? I just got confused thinking that you were a third and totally separate vendor from Craig or ED...

Would it be possible to cancel my preorder and buy one of the units that you have? Or does it not work way? I'm still a teensy bit confused :unsure: .

Thank you for your detailed explanation! I haven't received the payment email from Open Pandora GmbH yet, so I guess my unit won't be among the ones shipped from Germany to the US on March 29 :( . I can still add items to my order from your shop, then? I just got confused thinking that you were a third and totally separate vendor from Craig or ED...

Would it be possible to cancel my preorder and buy one of the units that you have? Or does it not work way? I'm still a teensy bit confused :unsure: .
The units I have are extremely limited. I am a separate vendor, but basically I'm handling the distribution within the US and Canada from EDs shop. I would hold onto your preorder and pay as soon as you get the opportunity.

After you pay ED, you can check out my shop for any additional needs and the orders can be combined.

Thank you.

No worries - I sent 50 units to Link (less doesn't make much sense regarding costs), but only 39 are already sold, so your unit might already be in US :)

wow, only about 40 units were sold in the U.S.? I honestly was expecting hundreds. Does that count the old preorders too? Kinda curious, if we were to plot the number sold on a map for each country that had a resident that ordered one, who'd be at the top and who'd be at the bottom.

^

Your thoughts on hundreds is correct. People are being contacted in the order the preorder was placed, and since a lot of people are paying with PayPal, these units need to be shipped within 30 days of payment being received by ED. So he's not taking money unless he can fulfill the order in that timeframe.

Heh:

UPS IS PROCESSING SHIPMENT FOR FUTURE SUBMISSION TO THE FOOD/DRUG ADMIN AND/OR DEPT OF AG PPQ

I wonder what drugs they expect to find in there :)

Yeah, I'm quite amazed on this. You didn't send me any gummy treats or Milkschnitte did you?

Nope, just plain Pandoras and stuff :)

It happens sometimes, but usually if they don't find anything weird, they clear it pretty fast.

EDIT: Ah, and they cleared it already :)

probably looking for that banned substance called Kinder Surprise

^

I was so scared the last time I came back from Canada with wrappers all over my car. Luckily they didn't take my toys.

^

Your thoughts on hundreds is correct. People are being contacted in the order the preorder was placed, and since a lot of people are paying with PayPal, these units need to be shipped within 30 days of payment being received by ED. So he's not taking money unless he can fulfill the order in that timeframe.
Considering that I made my final payment and that mine is supposed to ship either tomarow or next week, that means that I will have time to mess with my Pandora during spring brake *SQUEE*

^

I was so scared the last time I came back from Canada with wrappers all over my car. Luckily they didn't take my toys.
Were these kinder eggs out lawed recently? Because my grandmother brought these things here all the time when she came to visit

Were these kinder eggs out lawed recently? Because my grandmother brought these things here all the time when she came to visit
It's been law for quite a while that food and drink shall not contain inedible things, but only recently have they started enforcing it, and enforcing it quite heavily I might add.

Incidentally, the way the law is worded means that every person who has proposed with the clichéd "ring in a glass of champagne" was breaking the law.

It's been law for quite a while that food and drink shall not contain inedible things, but only recently have they started enforcing it, and enforcing it quite heavily I might add.

Incidentally, the way the law is worded means that every person who has proposed with the clichéd "ring in a glass of champagne" was breaking the law.
lol, thats pretty lame..... now I want a damn kinder egg

Back