Ithic.com new site, minor issues with shipping rates

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Hey there Community,

Just wanted to give a quick update for anyone currently trying to order from http://www.ithic.com

A) You'll see the ip address for the hosting in the address bar, that should be gone tomorrow.

B) Shipping rates are facocta at the moment.

Hope to have that resolved soon too. Also, I'm not available 24/7 to talk with anyone regarding an order, however I am willing to communicate via telephone, just click on the contact link and send me your phone # requesting a call back.

Also, some products are missing from the catalog currently, I hope to have them back online within the next few days. But the major components are online.

I've got payment going for both Google Wallet and PayPal, but need to get shipping configured in a better fashion for US/Canada and anywhere beyond.

Feel free to PM me with any orders you want, whether you want to pay via PayPal or Google Wallet, and I'll go ahead and get an invoice off to you ASAP.

I've also noticed some issues with short descriptions being covered up by images, please let me know if you run into any other glitches.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: & Thanks to Binky for the kickass logo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! I look foreward to buying from you in the future :3

Awesome, thank you. And welcome to the community, I was rude not to mention that in my post previously.

Possible to buy a spare platinum case from ithic.com ?

Hopefully when ED gets back from vacation these will ship to me.
Hi link. How are you finding running the shop? any problems along the way? What was your experience? i ask because i am setting up a small online shop in ireland at the moment.i am hoping to sell i-controlpads etc. I hope to sell gcw zero consoles also.i have already asked justin) the guy making it and he can resell me some.i would like to stock pandoras eventually also, perhaps refurbs would be cheaper to buy.

]Hi link. How are you finding running the shop? any problems along the way? What was your experience? i ask because i am setting up a small online shop in ireland at the moment.i am hoping to sell i-controlpads etc. I hope to sell gcw zero consoles also.i have already asked justin) the guy making it and he can resell me some.i would like to stock pandoras eventually also, perhaps refurbs would be cheaper to buy.
The things I would recommend are not killing yourself with inventory. Take small steps and don't commit to spending large amounts of resources on something that is going to sit for 6 months on a shelf.

I would say then that marketing your shop is then a challenge in itself. Things have been slow for me over the last week, and that seems to happen from time to time, it gets busy, then slows to a halt then picks up again.

I'm anxious to get 1GHz units and am hoping that Global Components can get things improved with production on those. I'd feel much better about things knowing that all preorders have been fulfilled, but I understand that by selling new units, ED is able to accomplish that quicker.

How fast does it take you to ship within the US? Is it just the standard 3-5 days?

I usually ship within 24 hours of receiving the order.

UPS Ground within the US can take a week from when ordered, if I was shipping something to California for instance.

I think shipments to Florida take 3 days from my location in Vermont.

]Hi link. How are you finding running the shop? any problems along the way? What was your experience? i ask because i am setting up a small online shop in ireland at the moment.i am hoping to sell i-controlpads etc. I hope to sell gcw zero consoles also.i have already asked justin) the guy making it and he can resell me some.i would like to stock pandoras eventually also, perhaps refurbs would be cheaper to buy.
The things I would recommend are not killing yourself with inventory. Take small steps and don't commit to spending large amounts of resources on something that is going to sit for 6 months on a shelf.

I would say then that marketing your shop is then a challenge in itself. Things have been slow for me over the last week, and that seems to happen from time to time, it gets busy, then slows to a halt then picks up again.

I'm anxious to get 1GHz units and am hoping that Global Components can get things improved with production on those. I'd feel much better about things knowing that all preorders have been fulfilled, but I understand that by selling new units, ED is able to accomplish that quicker.
Hmmm.Thanks.I will take it slow at first then.I will stock gcw zeros and i-controlpads+accesories.I will play it by ear as regards pandoras.I will post on the forums eventually when its set up.Couple of months at least.Cheers.

Can you ship USPS to Canada? Any of the couriers charge almost the same price as the unit again in "brokerage fees". I've been waiting for a Canadian retailer or a US retailer shipping USPS.

Well actually most of the wait has been for units to be available, but after that it is the shipping. Why pay UPS $300 when I don't have to?

Thanks

Can't ship to Canada with USPS, reason is that USPS will no longer ship a Lithium battery of any type outside of the continental US.

I have to ship UPS. Tried a work-around, but even with just shipping the battery UPS, and the Pandora through US Postal Service, the receiver in Canada was still stuck paying $60 tax. Reason is the Pandora is German made, now if it were US made, that would be a different story.

Sorry, but you are looking at $30-$40 for UPS shipping Standard to Canada, then another $70 in Customs Brokerage fees. Worldwide service customers who pay the excessive UPS charges to Canada in which Customs Brokerage Fees are supposed to be included, have also been hit with taxes/charges, even though they were supposed to be FREE*. There is an * on the UPS Canada website that mentions this might not apply to all shipments.

If you assemble yourself some units, do you think it's still considered as made in Germany ?

^^^^^Apparently if you import say clothing from pakistan and then just alter them in some way even just sewing a made in germany tag on them you can then call them made in Germany.This is the case in ireland maybe Eu.dunno about electronica america etc.

Can't ship to Canada with USPS, reason is that USPS will no longer ship a Lithium battery of any type outside of the continental US.

I have to ship UPS. Tried a work-around, but even with just shipping the battery UPS, and the Pandora through US Postal Service, the receiver in Canada was still stuck paying $60 tax. Reason is the Pandora is German made, now if it were US made, that would be a different story.

Sorry, but you are looking at $30-$40 for UPS shipping Standard to Canada, then another $70 in Customs Brokerage fees. Worldwide service customers who pay the excessive UPS charges to Canada in which Customs Brokerage Fees are supposed to be included, have also been hit with taxes/charges, even though they were supposed to be FREE*. There is an * on the UPS Canada website that mentions this might not apply to all shipments.

Thanks for the detailed response! Unfortunately I refuse to pay a cent to UPS because of this excessive price gouging.

I can ship the Pandora to Canada with USPS and then send the battery UPS. Because the battery is a low dollar item, you won't be charged any customs/duty/handling for it. You might get stuck paying $60 to Canada Post for tax on the Pandora. Basically you are looking at $55 shipping to Canada,

USPS $35 for shipping the Pandora insured

UPS $20 for shipping the battery alone

So $554 total before you would potentially have to pay $60 to Canada Post for tax.

Feel free to PM me or message me via the contact button in the shop if you have questions or concerns.

Back