Upgrade to IPB4

I thought display and username were the same thing?

In this system yes.  In the earlier version they were separate and could be different.   When the new forum software came online I was initially unable to login because my saved login was under my old username,  which was no longer usable in the new system.

-Neelix

I cannot seem to log in normally. I can only log in via facebook. 

Did you have a different username and Display name before?  If so you need to change the username to match your Display name in order to login.   (e.g. I used to log in as talaxian,  now I have to log in as Neelix)

-Neelix
Yup, thanks. That's solved the problem.

Heres a possible improvement on the current main banner:
I could do a version with a transparent background, if that would be helpful.

http://i.imgur.com/Q6zGYwZ.png

(we used to be able to embed images in posts, rather than just links...?)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the official boards anymore, it's the official website. But I like to combination of both, I am not sure of the font though.

About Embedding: Use the upload function of the boards rather than the link, then this should work.
I'll also look into some embedder as well though :)

Q6zGYwZ.png

Right, bottom corner: "Insert other media" -> "Insert image from url"

Heres an attempt to make it look good with both background colours:

forumbannerpandora.png
forumbannerpyra.png

Both the "pyra" font (Linux Libertine) and the "official site" font (dejavu sans) are placeholders, until someone comes up with something better. 

Q6zGYwZ.png
Right, bottom corner: "Insert other media" -> "Insert image from url"

Ah, thanks. Even easier. Does this work with Videos as well?
No, but I was able to include the iframe from the youtube page. But as you removed the source code option... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not separate the logo from the Background? So only one is needed no matter how the forum theme looks. ;)

Because they were just mockups?  The point was to see how it looks against each background,  which we can't tell when it's displayed against white.

-Neelix

Would the Pyra logo, made a little smaller, like the Pandora stuff, look better?  Then the Pyra picture can go on the left.

@Binky I think it looks a bit dark, especially against the blue.

How about something like this:
Pyra-Pandora-Banner.png

I brightened the Pyra text a bit and added the outline in the same colour as the text.   Looking at it now though I think I should have used a slightly darker red for the outline.

-Neelix

Yupp, I also had such an outline in mind but yes, it was also only a mockup. ;)   Looks much better than without any outlines. It may be worth a try to experiment with some decent shadow or "glow" effect  to separate the logo from the background. ^^

I made some adjustments and I think it looks more balanced now.  The red text and outline is brighter than Binky's original text but darker than I had it before.  I also changed the blue outline to match the logo rather than the text.

Pyra-Pandora-Banner2.png

-Neelix

I made some adjustments and I think it looks more balanced now.  The red text and outline is brighter than Binky's original text but darker than I had it before.  I also changed the blue outline to match the logo rather than the text.

View attachment 12199

-Neelix

Looks better.  What about on the Pyra theme?

Back