Release Ultimate PIM - A personal information manager for OpenPandora

I found a little time to mess around with uPIM and i added importing/exporting upim DB to/from ZIP file

I should release new version of uPIM by next weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Just added:

- Shortcut [with Select/Ctrl+key or RTrigger+Key] for almost every action, like saving, adding another to-do, etc..

- Quick Menu under Start/Alt Key

- ESC minimizes uPIM to tray

- Now mouse/nubs will not be required to work with uPIM

- Tray Icon added, handy for LXDE/XFCE

- Popup Balloon when important action is triggered, like saving/loading/re-loading.. 

0ef31aa5664ddb0ac7743013c2230df2.png

new feat: 

- Compiled new version of Sylpheed e-mail client and will add it to uPIM pnd, to use with contacts/emails..

EDIT:

- Added FEH [fresh build] as well to use with FileManager/FileSearch

Ah, one more thing.. 

I choose to use BitTorrent Sync [external app in uPIM PND] to sync uPIM files between computers/pandy/raspberryPi over OwnCloud [which is too problematic, and have more disadvantages than BTSync]

New Version

- Shortcut [with Select/Ctrl+key or RTrigger+Key] for almost every action, like saving, adding another to-do, etc.. [Check info tab..]
- Quick Menu under Start/Alt Key
- ESC minimizes uPIM to tray
- Tray Icon added [handy for LXDE/XFCE]
- Popup Balloon when important action is triggered, like saving/loading/re-loading..

- Added feh, sylpheed and bittorrent sync to use within uPIM

- Added .jpg/.jpeg/.png extension to FileSearch/FileManager [view using awesome FEH]

- Added Export to Zip file / Import from Zip file [btw: i recommend to keep uPIM data files [*.todo/*.note etc..] outside home upim directory - you can change to other dir in Options Tab]

- Added BitTorrent Sync Button 

- Added BitTorrent Config Button

- Added Send Email Button 

- Added Run Email Client Button

Syncing with bit torrent sync is fairly easy [with other desktops/raspberry Pi's/Android Phone..]. Just check out Ekianjo's Bloghttp://pandoralive.info/?p=1040

BTW. Some info that Ekianjo provided there can be skipped while using uPIM.

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ultimate-pim-app

Thanks BC!  Wow.  This is going to be a great tool for me.  Gotta start integrating it this weekend.

- Added editing existing todo's

- Added "application vault" where you can start apps predefined apps (freeware) or custom apps (donators edition) (wip)

- slightly changed filesearch/filemanager options

- Send to btsync option in filemanager/filesearch. (wip)

- Small fixes.

- Added "application vault" where you can start apps predefined apps (freeware) or custom apps (donators edition) (wip)

- Small fixes.
Sounds great....

Are these features part of a version newer than the one you just released about 2 days ago?

Thanks for all the updates...

- Small fixes.
Sounds great....

Are these features part of a version newer than the one you just released about 2 days ago?

Thanks for all the updates...
Its a part of actual version that i just uploaded to repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ultimate-pim-app

Cheers :D

Whats new: 

- Added mpg123 [fresh build to handle mp3 via FileSearch/FileManager]

- Added newer version of mplayer to handle videos via FileSearch/FileManager

- Added ABIWord to handle all documents via FileSearch/FileManager

BTW. Please delete old upim.cfg while updating to this release , because it might cause problems wth BTSync paths.

I finally donated some money :) .

There's one thing I'd like to ask for.

As I use a dark XFCE theme the symbols are pretty unreadable.

Maybe you could make the appearance more compatible with dark themes.

If you want to test choose "xfce-dusk" as pre-installed dark theme.

Of course it's not a thing that affects every user but it would be pretty helpful for dark theme users.

Of course it's not a thing that affects every user but it would be pretty helpful for dark theme users.
this one will be rather hard to do [because lack of time]. I'll drop this to my to-do list in additional stuff for uPIM.

this one will be rather hard to do [because lack of time]. I'll drop this to my to-do list in additional stuff for uPIM.
I know that it's not that important.

It's just a hint (if you get bored).

Is there a way to rearrange task (i.e., move a certain task up or down the list)?  Also, have you thought of linking a note to each task (sorry for keep asking the same question :)

Is there a way to rearrange task (i.e., move a certain task up or down the list)?  Also, have you thought of linking a note to each task (sorry for keep asking the same question :)
Because all tasks are sorted as A-Z you can fairly easy rearange them adding 1-9 to the task.

example:

[1] Eat Lunch

[2] Kill the bunny

[3] Make BBQ with Bunny..

btw. LMB Double-Click to edit Task..

Linking note to each task will be kinda hard to do in the way i managed to make uPIM right now. But i'll try to figure out something..

New feat:

- Just added the ability to add multiple different notes to notepad tab [quasi outline].

- Saving notes under different names

- Deleting notes

- Unlimited amount of notes [if you want, you can create even 999 different notes]

- Basic searching in notes

Download: should be ready tomorrow.. 

Back