Release [Polymath PIM Suite] pmContact

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I always start and cancel PIM suites, so I decided to change my approach and build my suite as seperate applications.

So, here's the first of several...

pmContact is a Contact manager application, it is written in C# and requires the Mono Runtime.

screenshot.jpg

Features:

# Password protection using Blowfish

# KeyPair encryption using RSA (A key pair generator is available within the application)

Features planned:

# Synchronisation via a server application

# Ability to link to external tools (such as other applications in the PIM suite)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pmcontact.marqwatkin

The code is released under the MIT license, and can be found in my GitHub account

Planned applications in the PIM Suite:

# pmContact - Contact Manager

# pmCalendar - Calendar/Reminder

# pmTaskList - Task Manager

# pmServer - Sync Server

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to get an LCD cable for mine so I can try this out. If you need some feedback on design as you go, I have experience with a lot of different PIM suites since I have been systematically trying and giving up on almost suite that has come out since the Psion Agenda app. I am still carrying a Series 5 in my other pocket so I have something quick and easy that I can count on to work when my Android apps inevitably fail me. I am trying Calengoo now with CalDAV-Sync and that combo is working better than any previous attempt on Android, but still doesn't work as well as Psion Agenda.

If you need some feedback on design as you go, I have experience with a lot of different PIM suites since I have been systematically trying and giving up on almost suite that has come out since the Psion Agenda app.
If you open up the PND, you can run the app on Windows or Linux if you want to try it without a Pandora. But yes, please feel free to suggest things
In addition to the missing functionality, there's a few bits with the Names List control I want to do:

1. Select contact based on typing the name

2. Have an option to hide empty groups

3. Support more than just the latin alphabet

4. Ensure that when the selection is changed, that the selected item is visible in the window.

I am still carrying a Series 5 in my other pocket so I have something quick and easy that I can count on to work when my Android apps inevitably fail me. I am trying Calengoo now with CalDAV-Sync and that combo is working better than any previous attempt on Android, but still doesn't work as well as Psion Agenda.
I've got an ownCloud server with Rainlendar on my netbook and desktop, and a CalDAV interface on my phone. Even after buying Rainlendar, I'm not too impressed with it, it doesn't give you an application window, and always appears as a floaty box. Also, the sync on the phone doesn't always seem to work right.

I've updated this application, but not yet released it.

All the bits relating to the external tools don't seem to work properly.

# mono's implementation of the DataGridView is lacking and likes to add lots of blank rows, and the Pandora's version sometimes crashes on keypresses

# When I manually added a tool to the config, it didn't seem to launch

That said, everything else seems to work so far.

Following are the improvements:

# Names list now only shows "headers" for entries - which also means it should support non-ASCII letters (though I've not tried)

# You can now type into the Names list window to select your entry

Wondered if it was worth releasing?

Back