Release Ultimate PIM - A personal information manager for OpenPandora

Very nice so far CB! Could a stopwatch function be added in the future?

BTW, where do we donate? I have to make a couple donations, for this and DosBox.
After first start of uPIM PND there's email address that im using with PayPal. 

And stopwatch, why not. :D

Very nice so far CB! Could a stopwatch function be added in the future?
I also had the idea of a stopwatch when waking up today.

And an alarm clock as well.
CB, maybe you could add this function?
Yes, but it will require sudo'ing before starting an app.. i can imagine most people will freak out and will say that uPIM is malware, because it needs root.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I could just remove uPIM and add it as Commercial to stop assholes like that doing crap here and there. Rating is disabled for commercials, before buy. 

This looks nice.  I want to donate to get the full version too, but I have a question.  Are you going to send the pnd to my email adress or something?  Are you keeping a list of people who donate so you can resend them the changes?  How does this work?  Would it be a good idea to have this funtionality incorporated into the repo for this kind of donate-to-get-the-full-version pnds?

Thanks,

Shenmue

Im sending a unlock code to your email address, so any new version will work with that code. If new version pops up in repo , just download it to your pandy and it will work. Its easy

Yes, some "rater" are not very mature it seems.

That's why I decided to ignore rating on the repo completly (but that's not not always easy to do). I just watch download counter and comment, not the stars.
Yeah, this just pisses me, when rating stars are used as 'psychological warfare' to demotivate people who actualy DO something for community. And particulary for the person that gives 1-star rating as well... 

Im sending a unlock code to your email address, so any new version will work with that code. If new version pops up in repo , just download it to your pandy and it will work. Its easy
Ah!  Nice.   :)  Expect two donations from me soon.  One for DoxBox and one for uPIMP.  One last request, can you just call it uPIMP so it doesn't take up like 90% of office program menu when expanded?  :D

Does this import birthdays to the calender from vcard contacts? Imean when you create a contact does it automatically put their birthday into the calender?
uff, i didnt created a birthday tab in 'contacts', but i might add it and try to auto-add a birthday to calendar :D No Problemo. 

Yeah, this just pisses me, when rating stars are used as 'psychological warfare' to demotivate people who actualy DO something for community. And particulary for the person that gives 1-star rating as well... 
The problem with anonymous rating is that you don’t know who and why the rating was this low. Maybe for that person it was really a 1 star program because if failed to start or something like that.

Without an additional comment it is definitely demotivating though and doesn’t solve anything. I agree anonymous rating should not be allowed and I also prefer that low ratings would only be accepted with an additional comment.

really nice software and i'd love to support you, but it seems i cant get to your donation page (its blocked by my browser) is there any other way i could donate?

The problem with anonymous rating is that you don’t know who and why the rating was this low. Maybe for that person it was really a 1 star program because if failed to start or something like that.
Without an additional comment it is definitely demotivating though and doesn’t solve anything. I agree anonymous rating should not be allowed and I also prefer that low ratings would only be accepted with an additional comment.

I always try to leave a comment with a rating unless i'm giving a  5 star rating, because there is only so many ways you can write "great piece of software!". Even if i'm giving 5 stars i'll leave some words if i'm particularly impressed by a particular aspect of the software, i think perhaps in addition to star ratings being open and not anonymous an accompanying comment could be made a mandatory requirement before you can leave the rating.

really nice software and i'd love to support you, but it seems i cant get to your donation page (its blocked by my browser) is there any other way i could donate?
uff, *.bbs.pl donation page doesnt work from many months. I can provide an email for donation only [its connected to paypal address.]

I'd like an RPN calculator that uses text abbreviations for operators so that it can be used efficiently with a normal keyboard.

5 <return>

2 <return>

<return>

sum <return>

sqrt <return>

drop <return>

Back