Release Ultimate PIM - A personal information manager for OpenPandora

commander-beef

Very Active Member
What's PIM:
A personal information manager (often referred to as a PIM tool or, more simply, a PIM) is a type of application software that functions as a personal organizer. The acronym PIM is now, more commonly, used in reference to personal information management as a field of study.[1] As an information management tool, a PIM tool's purpose is to facilitate the recording, tracking, and management of certain types of "personal information".

Highlights of Ultimate PIM
- Advanced Calendar and Agenda [to-do lists and notes for every day in calendar]
- Syncing [simple and Advanced] [wip]
- Notepad
- Calculator [wip]
- Alarm [wip]
- FileSearcher/FileManager [that index all files on both SD cards]
- Integration with other programs [and plugins] [email clients + pdf readers] [wip]
- Created especially for OpenPandora screen and keys from ground up [large icons/optimal fit]
- Backing up your notes/todo's in ZIP file [wip]
- And many more..

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

Downloads:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ultimate-pim-app

Last edited by a moderator:
If it really is the ultimate PIM then I'd like to be able to sync the Links with the FireFox bookmarks, the E-Mail list with Thunderbird and Clawsmail and the Calender with Orage calender.

Also with the Thunderbird and Firefox on my non Pandora computer.

If above works I'll happily donate some money :) .

How will the Sync function work.

Don't want Dropbox or any other foreign cloud service to store my data.

If it really is the ultimate PIM then I'd like to be able to sync the Links with the FireFox bookmarks, the E-Mail list with Thunderbird and Clawsmail and the Calender with Orage calender.

Also with the Thunderbird and Firefox on my non Pandora computer.

If above works I'll happily donate some money :) .

How will the Sync function work.

Don't want Dropbox or any other foreign cloud service to store my data.
- Syncing bookmarks will be added for Opera actually [maybe for FF later, im not using FF..] 

- E-mail Contacts sync with any clients will not be needed, because You can start any email client straight from uPIM with desired email template.

- Other syncing will see..

other than than. Thanks for coment.. 

Syncing bookmarks will be added for Opera actually [maybe for FF later, im not using FF..]
Would be nice to have FireFox. :) .

The more Software you support, the more People will support you :) .

If I donate now, will I get further releases as well, or do I have to donate for every version.

E-mail Contacts sync with any clients will not be needed, because You can start any email client straight from uPIM with desired email template.
But for me it's important to sync with my Laptop as well.

What will the calculator look like?

I see lots of potential in this software.

Especially if it'll be compatible with the Pandora successor and gets everything you plan to add.

EDIT:

Backing up your notes/todo's in ZIP file [wip]
Please addresses and bookmarks as well.

I also want to backup theml.

Syncing bookmarks will be added for Opera actually [maybe for FF later, im not using FF..]
Would be nice to have FireFox. :) .

The more Software you support, the more People will support you :) .

If I donate now, will I get further releases as well, or do I have to donate for every version.

E-mail Contacts sync with any clients will not be needed, because You can start any email client straight from uPIM with desired email template.
But for me it's important to sync with my Laptop as well.

What will the calculator look like?

I see lots of potential in this software.

Especially if it'll be compatible with the Pandora successor and gets everything you plan to add.
Please, dont donate for any version :D . I would love to get a donate only if all desired options by You will be in uPIM implemented [and you decide how many times you want to donate. (Its fine for me..)]. I dont want to take a donation before implementing something you donated on. There might be situation that i will not implement a specific function and You might donate especially for this function, so there might be sour feeling in the end.. 

I dont want that.

So if you finding actual options implemented in uPIM, that fits your [basic PIM] needs , its fine to donate, of couse.

Calculator already has basic functions, nothing fancy. 

BTW. If any of You have any ideas what could be added to uPIM, i'd be happy, if You post it here

Please addresses and bookmarks as well.

I also want to backup theml.
Uh, i forgot that. bookmarks + contacts will gets zip backup too..

ah, i must to clear something:

if you donate once, you'll always get recent donators edition, no mater what.

if you donate once, you'll always get recent donators edition, no mater what.
Good to know.

Will donate soon then.

I would love to get a donate only if all desired options by You will be in uPIM implemented
Oh, don't worry.

The trial version already looks pretty nice.

If I donate now then I already get something nice for an affordable price I would pay about 80€ if it was the same but from Microsoft/Apple (and I can support somene -> you who supports the Pandora).

I'm loving it so far..

One feature that would be awesome would be for the task and calender events to instead of just being able to deleting themselves completely off the list, but to have an option to mark it as complete by either using a Strike-through font or graying/italicizing it out to say that it's complete. It would allow you to still see what you completed..

Thx CB! I'm going to donate soon too!

Are you going to implement caldav/carddavsync so we could use it with owncloud/baikal server etc.?

BTW, so Katja Kassin is your girlfriend? :D

Thank you for sharing this, CB!

Just made a donation....

Look forward to receiving the donators versiona and your future updates of Ultimate PIM!

I'm loving it so far..

One feature that would be awesome would be for the task and calender events to instead of just being able to deleting themselves completely off the list, but to have an option to mark it as complete by either using a Strike-through font or graying/italicizing it out to say that it's complete. It would allow you to still see what you completed..

I think i'll do both ways [first that we have already in uPIM and your idea]. Im planning to add an option to switch it in Options Tab

Thx CB! I'm going to donate soon too!

Are you going to implement caldav/carddavsync so we could use it with owncloud/baikal server etc.?

BTW, so Katja Kassin is your girlfriend? :D
Yeah, i was thinking about OwnCloud.

No, no Katja isnt my girlfriend :D , haha

Just made a donation....

Look forward to receiving the donators versiona and your future updates of Ultimate PIM!
I just send You an email :D

Having a GUI is cool, but do you have keyboard shortcuts ? For this kind of applications, it's essential to be really productive. 

Just made a donation....

I just send You an email :D

And I replied......awaiting your reply now with unlock code.....  :)

UPIM will use f1-f12 keys soon

That's far from being the most practicals keys to use on Pandora :p
What practical keys You propose?

Fx keys are function keys :D . If you want use CTRL+x you still need to press 2 keys at once. Im finding it best to use Fx keys especially for PIM [to select ToDo or Notepad quickly]

Back