Release Ultimate PIM - A personal information manager for OpenPandora

OK, so far, this thing looks like it will be much easier to use for my purposes than qOrganizer.

Some of it, I'm not really quite clear on what to do with it....but this looks promising, I have to play with it a bit.

Well, I'm just not quite sure what all the buttons DO.

And I am not sure how to put a time on things I have scheduled on the calendar.

And the to-do-list...not sure what yo use this for, since you already have the calendar.  would almost be better to use it as a shopping list or something....if you could check off boxes as you accomplish them, it would work as a shopping list.

Of course, since you can't save in bookmarks or the blackbook yet...I haven't played with them much.

Overall this seems pretty solid.  There is a free-form note pad which is also sorta nice...but I wonder if one can actually do more than one different note at a time.

I know I said it before but if each note can be tied to a certain task then it would be good.  So we have one short task title and when you open that task, you can see more details for that task using the notepad.

Well, I'm just not quite sure what all the buttons DO.

And I am not sure how to put a time on things I have scheduled on the calendar.

And the to-do-list...not sure what yo use this for, since you already have the calendar.  would almost be better to use it as a shopping list or something....if you could check off boxes as you accomplish them, it would work as a shopping list.

Of course, since you can't save in bookmarks or the blackbook yet...I haven't played with them much.

Overall this seems pretty solid.  There is a free-form note pad which is also sorta nice...but I wonder if one can actually do more than one different note at a time.
to-do list is a global To-Do list, Calendar To-Do list is only for current day of week.

Add simple '[13:35]' by hand to have the time on calendar's to-do list :D [it will be auto-sorted, btw] :D

I'll try to add a Qupzilla external app to start bookmarks via WebLinks/Bookmarks tab..  

I know I said it before but if each note can be tied to a certain task then it would be good.  So we have one short task title and when you open that task, you can see more details for that task using the notepad.
Hmm, i might figure out simething with that..

EDIT:

New feats to come:

- Starting browser with urls straight from BookMarks Tab

- Configuration Tab

Last edited by a moderator:
Great....got it.....

Few comments....

A. Info Screen

- Would be good if you could update the info screen to include version number (unless it is somewhere else and I just missed it....)

B. Calculator

- Is calculator actually working now?....if so, how to get it to do calculation?

C.  Contacts

- Just tried using the Contacts section for the first time...what is intended method for handling names in the 'Name / Surname' field?

- First Name Surname (ie, Commander Beef...)

or

- Surname, First Name (ie, Beef, Commander)

or any way we want?

- Do you plan on creating something like a contacts data entry card to facilitate entering in data for new contacts?

Would be great to have a card to enter in name, work & personal email address, office, home, cellphone numbers, work & home addresses, etc. Maybe default view is like what you have now. But then you could click on a name that you want to see their complete data and it would show you that view.

That's it for now....thanks!

Great....got it.....

Few comments....

A. Info Screen

- Would be good if you could update the info screen to include version number (unless it is somewhere else and I just missed it....)

B. Calculator

- Is calculator actually working now?....if so, how to get it to do calculation?

C.  Contacts

- Just tried using the Contacts section for the first time...what is intended method for handling names in the 'Name / Surname' field?

or

or any way we want?

- Do you plan on creating something like a contacts data entry card to facilitate entering in data for new contacts?

Would be great to have a card to enter in name, work & personal email address, office, home, cellphone numbers, work & home addresses, etc. Maybe default view is like what you have now. But then you could click on a name that you want to see their complete data and it would show you that view.

A: Will be done :D

B: Nope, it's not work [still wip]. I didnt disabled whole frame this time :<

C: Any way You want :D . Data entry card is not needed. Just click add contact [on left]. New row pops up. Double click on it and you can type-in name / surname / email / other and then save. If you like to sort it A-Z just click top row and it will be sorted A-Z or Z-A. The save to make it permanent  :D

I might add this in future:

name, work & personal email address, office, home, cellphone numbers, work & home addresses

Great....got it.....

Few comments....

A. Info Screen

B. Calculator

C.  Contacts

or

or any way we want?

A: Will be done :D

B: Nope, it's not work [still wip]. I didnt disabled whole frame this time :<

C: Any way You want :D . Data entry card is not needed. Just click add contact [on left]. New row pops up. Double click on it and you can type-in name / surname / email / other and then save. If you like to sort it A-Z just click top row and it will be sorted A-Z or Z-A. The save to make it permanent  :D

I might add this in future:

name, work & personal email address, office, home, cellphone numbers, work & home addresses
Thanks for the input....it's clear now....

Will report back with any other comments, if any, after using UPIM more....

New version in repo

Whats new 1.3.0.1:
- New Summary view in Contacts [Adjustable]
- Pressing ENTER while adding new ToDo in edit window will trigger SAVE.
- Added Run Email Client Button [but its still WIP]
- Small adjustments & fixes
- Small adjustments in calc [but its still WIP and disabled right now]
- Modified PXML file with more accurate info about uPIM

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ultimate-pim-app

Thank you.  Unlock code works fine now :)

Just a quick question:  How can I edit a Todo title?  Right now it looks like the only way to edit a Todo is to delete it and type a whole new one.

Thank you.  Unlock code works fine now :)

Just a quick question:  How can I edit a Todo title?  Right now it looks like the only way to edit a Todo is to delete it and type a whole new one.
Exactly, i didnt added an edit existing to-do option yet. 

so do all unlock codes work fine now (for this and dosbox), or do i need a new one?

Back