UK ordering available again for new units

how many pandoras are available for this "mini-batch"?

When people cancel an order it goes in to the 'available now' pile, so it depends on cancelled orders.

ok but at this time (april the 22nd), even if i know this number will change because there will probably have cancelled orders and new orders, how many are in this pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
how many pandoras are available for this "mini-batch"?

When people cancel an order it goes in to the 'available now' pile, so it depends on cancelled orders.

ok but at this time (april the 22nd), even if i know this number will change because there will probably have cancelled orders and new orders, how many are in this pile.

I don't know exactly, and you know I don't like giving figures or making guesses right now, so this could be TOTALLY WRONG(!) but it's between 20 and 30 I think.

an other question.

if these available units are laid until new orders and if there is no new order anymore, what will be the consequence for the "old" orders?

will we have to wait for an indeterminate time or is there something planned for us?

Sorry if this has already been explained but will I receive a dispatch notice or order confirmation notice after paying through paypal?

Hi, i am really really interest by this offer, have you still some in stock ?

I hope that when you complete all the batch 1 orders you make an announcement so I can know if I'm in a order limbo

Guys, if you're in batch 1, seriously, don't hold your breath. Check back once a week, maybe less frequently. The pace is obviously going to mean people waiting 2+ years or longer will get theirs... MAYBE by Dec 2012.

Why are you always trying to remember everyone that shit is going to happen? Let's not forget that today (as of GMT-5) marks the first day of May, which is the month where the speedup should arrive and increase the production rate. Be it in May or in June, it will still speed up soon and unless something incredibly horrible happens to Global Components — and if anything happens, ED can reach them in an hour car drive ­ —, forcing the production to cease for an undetermined timespan, then people could start wondering when they'll ever get their Pandora.

But as of today, the production is running. Pandoras are being made, they're being shipped, and they are carefully received by their respective owners who have had the patience to wait for their turn to come. And it can only grow better. And yet you're still bringing up pessimistic comments. It is a good idea to stay alert and watch for possible problems, but it is also a good idea to keep the followers in good mood; if they all ask for a refund, how is the project going to advance? You don't want the project to come to a stall, nor do I, nor does anyone here. Maybe this sounds drastic, but this is only how I can react to your drastic.

If you're waiting for a Batch 1 Pandora, I wish you can receive your Pandora this year. I cannot assert that you will get it, because I am only a fellow member of the community, but I follow and I am sure that you will get it soon. Please, just wait your turn.

Have a nice month of May, hoping (or expecting?) a speedup soon!

All this makes me very sad.

I wanted a pandora some 4/5 years ago. I was willing to pay this price some 4/5 years ago. But now I come to see what happened, and people are still quibbling about the first batch!?

I see a 10.1" tablet with a 1ghz A8 for £120. Sad sad sad. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

There wasn't a Pandora or a price 4 years ago, let alone 5. ;) That's academic though - fact is, yeah people are still talking first batch and there's no good way to paint that picture. Tech has evolved and dropped in price while the Pandora's price has been forced higher.

But, there still isn't a device like it. And no budget price tablet will have the kind of community, support or longevity that the Pandora does. That's why we're all still here. We're not sad. Patient, yes.

Hi all patient passionate pandora people ...

I was wondering whether anyone with a (non-upgraded) pre-order from around June 2009 has received their pandora yet? I pre-ordered June 2009 and am cautiously curious about it getting close ...

Is it practical to quote an order number and get a rough idea how many pandoras are ahead of me?

Well. I must say, I do understand the reasoning behind the order of delivery, the financial situation, all that. But still: I miss that from time to time there should be a reasonable attempt to make a decision in favor of the first batch orderers. Yes, I know, financially, you make a loss on the items, but you should not forget that if you ever attempt a project like that again, you might need the people who trust in you, support you, advance money, wait (more or less) patiently. And here, like so often, it sadly looks as if you always put exactly those people last in priority.

So, if a first batch orderer gives up (that being a financial gain from your pov), I believe at least a part of these items could go to the queue of firstbatchers. It would give me the impression you still care a little more than it looks like now. (Instead it kind of looks like you feel you reluctantly fulfill the contract towards a bunch of nagging leeches sucking you out of money to avoid worse scenarios. This is exaggerated, of course, but I'm trying to paint a picture.)

- Yes, some people are unhappy, some are flaming. But a lot more are quiet and patient and supportive.

- Yes, you make a financial loss on the first-batch-no-upgrade Pandoras. But you wouldn't have any at all, if it weren't for first batch orderers.

So, in essence, I'd really appreciate if I could see that from time you'd make a better attempt to reward the role these people played (and play). And I want to see happy first-batch-no-upgrade Pandora owners here.

(back into the waiting line.)

Well. I must say, I do understand the reasoning behind the order of delivery, the financial situation, all that. But still: I miss that from time to time there should be a reasonable attempt to make a decision in favor of the first batch orderers. Yes, I know, financially, you make a loss on the items, but you should not forget that if you ever attempt a project like that again, you might need the people who trust in you, support you, advance money, wait (more or less) patiently. And here, like so often, it sadly looks as if you always put exactly those people last in priority.

So, if a first batch orderer gives up (that being a financial gain from your pov), I believe at least a part of these items could go to the queue of firstbatchers. It would give me the impression you still care a little more than it looks like now. (Instead it kind of looks like you feel you reluctantly fulfill the contract towards a bunch of nagging leeches sucking you out of money to avoid worse scenarios. This is exaggerated, of course, but I'm trying to paint a picture.)

- Yes, some people are unhappy, some are flaming. But a lot more are quiet and patient and supportive.

- Yes, you make a financial loss on the first-batch-no-upgrade Pandoras. But you wouldn't have any at all, if it weren't for first batch orderers.

So, in essence, I'd really appreciate if I could see that from time you'd make a better attempt to reward the role these people played (and play). And I want to see happy first-batch-no-upgrade Pandora owners here.

(back into the waiting line.)
I wholeheartedly agree with these comments. Please give us something to hang on to, we have waited this long but patience is not infinite;-)

Back