UK ordering available again for new units

When people cancel an order it goes in to the 'available now' pile, so it depends on cancelled orders.

Well. I must say, I do understand the reasoning behind the order of delivery, the financial situation, all that. But still: I miss that from time to time there should be a reasonable attempt to make a decision in favor of the first batch orderers. Yes, I know, financially, you make a loss on the items, but you should not forget that if you ever attempt a project like that again, you might need the people who trust in you, support you, advance money, wait (more or less) patiently. And here, like so often, it sadly looks as if you always put exactly those people last in priority.

So, if a first batch orderer gives up (that being a financial gain from your pov), I believe at least a part of these items could go to the queue of firstbatchers. It would give me the impression you still care a little more than it looks like now. (Instead it kind of looks like you feel you reluctantly fulfill the contract towards a bunch of nagging leeches sucking you out of money to avoid worse scenarios. This is exaggerated, of course, but I'm trying to paint a picture.)

- Yes, some people are unhappy, some are flaming. But a lot more are quiet and patient and supportive.

- Yes, you make a financial loss on the first-batch-no-upgrade Pandoras. But you wouldn't have any at all, if it weren't for first batch orderers.

So, in essence, I'd really appreciate if I could see that from time you'd make a better attempt to reward the role these people played (and play). And I want to see happy first-batch-no-upgrade Pandora owners here.

(back into the waiting line.)
I wholeheartedly agree with these comments. Please give us something to hang on to, we have waited this long but patience is not infinite;-)
Can someone remind my why the first-batch-no-upgrade orders are a loss maker.

Is it just due to the losses caused by the CircuitCo problems?

Or is it because the current costs per Pandora are higher than the batch 1 pre-order amount?

Can someone remind my why the first-batch-no-upgrade orders are a loss maker.

Is it just due to the losses caused by the CircuitCo problems?

Or is it because the current costs per Pandora are higher than the batch 1 pre-order amount?

I believe it's mostly due to CircuitCo causing them lots of losses (they still owe OP 1000 boards if I'm correct) and because the new German company is more expensive then CircuitCo was (not including expense caused by CircuitCo's tomfoolery).

So yes to both of your suggestions, I think.

Yes, both I believe.

I don't know the exact figures, but the margin on two new orders is said to be enough to cover the difference on one original order. It would indeed be nice to hear some happy delivery stories from non-upgraded customers.

Would it be possible to tell, out of the ~1000 Batch 1 / Batch 2 orders left, how many are from each batch? Surely you'd know how many Batch 2 orders there are?

When people cancel an order it goes in to the 'available now' pile, so it depends on cancelled orders.

Well. I must say, I do understand the reasoning behind the order of delivery, the financial situation, all that. But still: I miss that from time to time there should be a reasonable attempt to make a decision in favor of the first batch orderers. Yes, I know, financially, you make a loss on the items, but you should not forget that if you ever attempt a project like that again, you might need the people who trust in you, support you, advance money, wait (more or less) patiently. And here, like so often, it sadly looks as if you always put exactly those people last in priority.

So, if a first batch orderer gives up (that being a financial gain from your pov), I believe at least a part of these items could go to the queue of firstbatchers. It would give me the impression you still care a little more than it looks like now. (Instead it kind of looks like you feel you reluctantly fulfill the contract towards a bunch of nagging leeches sucking you out of money to avoid worse scenarios. This is exaggerated, of course, but I'm trying to paint a picture.)

- Yes, some people are unhappy, some are flaming. But a lot more are quiet and patient and supportive.

- Yes, you make a financial loss on the first-batch-no-upgrade Pandoras. But you wouldn't have any at all, if it weren't for first batch orderers.

So, in essence, I'd really appreciate if I could see that from time you'd make a better attempt to reward the role these people played (and play). And I want to see happy first-batch-no-upgrade Pandora owners here.

(back into the waiting line.)
I wholeheartedly agree with these comments. Please give us something to hang on to, we have waited this long but patience is not infinite;-)

True, true :)

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk

Hi,

I'm considering buying an Openpandora, but reading the posts here does not sound very encouraging... Have people who ordered directly from http://www.icontrolp...oraprivate.html gotten their Pandora? Are there still Pandoras in stock there?

Is "icontrolpad" a sort of official reseller?

And as someone else asked earlier: What electrical plug do they come with? UK, EU, US or other?

Another thing which confused me is the official price statement on the website:

The price for the Pandora is 370 EUR (for international customers) or 440 EUR (for EU-Customers, incl. 19% VAT).
So how many GBP for people in the UK, since the UK still hasn't joined the eurozone, but is in the EU?

£298.5 (British pounds) - €370 (euros)

or

£355.0 (British pounds) - €440 (euros)

?

Hi Sennomulo,

icontrolpad is an official seller. It is run by Craig who was one of the original inventors of the Pandora, he's just taken a back seat recently while EvilDragon oversees the production in Germany. It seems like ED is keeping a constant supply going to Craig at the moment - although production hasn't got fully up to speed quite yet.

The link on the first page ( http://www.icontrolp...oraprivate.html ) has the UK price as £309, and if it's in stock then you should hopefully get it pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about the power supply plug, I can't imagine Craig sending out the wrong one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sennomulo,

I put in my order on the 26th April. My unit is now currently with UPS, with delivery due tomorrow!! So for me it's about 2 weeks between ordering and delivery, so i'd imagine there is still stock available. Gutted that i'm more than likely gonna be out the house tomorrow though....which means i'll probably have to go collect it from the UPS depot. Hopefully the closer one which is only 20mins away, otherwise it'll be a nice two hour round trip. But it'll be worth it!

...which means i'll probably have to go collect it from the UPS depot. Hopefully the closer one which is only 20mins away, otherwise it'll be a nice two hour round trip. But it'll be worth it!

If UPS is dumb enough to leave it at a distant depot, then you can call them up and have it transferred closer at no charge. You might also be able to arrange a delivery re-attempt, have it left with a neighbour or .. left on your doorstep. :eek:

Another thing which confused me is the official price statement on the website:

The price for the Pandora is 370 EUR (for international customers) or 440 EUR (for EU-Customers, incl. 19% VAT).
So how many GBP for people in the UK, since the UK still hasn't joined the eurozone, but is in the EU?

£298.5 (British pounds) - €370 (euros)

or

£355.0 (British pounds) - €440 (euros)

?

It costs €370 + Tax according to your country's specific rates

In the EU that makes €440

The only way you can get it at the €370 price is if you live somewhere where there is no VAT...I think

I've made a pre -order a few month ago, but I have lost my order number. Is it necessary to have our order number for any contact with EvilDragon or Craigix ??? Or Is there a simple mean to get our order number ?

Thanks a lot

David INDIGO

http://www.davidindigo.com

Sennomulo,

I put in my order on the 26th April. My unit is now currently with UPS, with delivery due tomorrow!! So for me it's about 2 weeks between ordering and delivery, so i'd imagine there is still stock available. Gutted that i'm more than likely gonna be out the house tomorrow though....which means i'll probably have to go collect it from the UPS depot. Hopefully the closer one which is only 20mins away, otherwise it'll be a nice two hour round trip. But it'll be worth it!

I originally ordered in 2010, but I upgraded on the 19th of April and have yet to get a dispatch e-mail, so it's around three weeks for me and I'm still waiting for it :(

I presume you're the US store, though? I'm UK so maybe that why it's different.

I ordered on saturday and I've got my dispatch email already from icontrolpad.com

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply! I've been wanting one for years and looks like i'll be able to get my grubby paws on one soon :)

Back