Pandora 7-day available again

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone,

CC are just not interested in fixing these broken wifi boards so we're selling them with wifi adaptors.

The wifi adaptor is a tiny mini version which will go in the USB slot, it's so small that it's barely visible.

The unit like this is cheaper too to reflect the external wifi.

http://www.icontrolp...oraprivate.html

We have also reduced the prices of: Batteries and cases, the new cases are slightly bigger too.

If you have a premium order, or a normal order we can send you one of these machines while stocks last if

you want to swap to one.

There are not a great deal of these units, so when they are gone they are gone.

I will *Delete* this post when they are all sold/gone. I expect that to be about 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hey, you can buy batteries again r_r

$50 off for external USB that's probably better than the internal USB would be (except maybe in power consumption) is a pretty sweet deal. Or maybe it just seems $50 off due to preferential USD conversion. Either way these are probably going to go quickly..

Is the "more powerful than an EEE" part new or did I just miss it earlier? Because it's not very true..

Last edited by a moderator:
Using Pandora with external wifi is okay, and I think it's a good deal indeed. You can always use a nice comapct Realtek dongle with your Pandora if you don't like the one which comes with it. See wiki for details.

Probably a silly question, but these Pandoras will come pre-installed with the drivers for the wifi dongle, right?

Just sent an email to the gp2xorders@gmail.com address requesting one of these units instead of my current order. Could really use it for the long journeys I'm going to be making soon.

Hi Craigix,

I am certainly one of the last in the queue of the orders of batch1 : is it possible for me to get this Pandora+Wifi Dongle kit ?

If yes, how shall i proceed ?

Thanks, Sylvain

I guess it should be noted that potential buyer should feel comfortable with fiddling a bit custom drivers and command line, as I'm currently unaware of any OS changes that would let you load wifi dongle drivers through the GUI.

Thanks for the heads up Notaz. I'm only making the leap because I want to try yours and others' emulators out so much. Are even the Realtek chip ones mentioned in this thread not supported out of the box?

Thanks for the heads up Notaz. I'm only making the leap because I want to try yours and others' emulators out so much. Are even the Realtek chip ones mentioned in this thread not supported out of the box?
The pandora OS come with only the internal wifi chip drivers, if you want more, you'll need to instal them (if they are already built, if not you'll also need to build them)

I guess it should be noted that potential buyer should feel comfortable with fiddling a bit custom drivers and command line, as I'm currently unaware of any OS changes that would let you load wifi dongle drivers through the GUI.

The pandora OS come with only the internal wifi chip drivers, if you want more, you'll need to instal them (if they are already built, if not you'll also need to build them)

And if I'm happy to fiddle in command line (iwconfig and similar?), is there a tutorial to help / how hard should it be to find and install these drivers?

I would realy want one of those. Hope it works out. I have ordered on ED's shop, just wrote a message over his shop system that i want to switch to one of this units.

Hmmm.

They could either pick a dongle which would work with an existing wifi driver or find one compatible with current kernel. The latter is more likely, since I suspect (but I can't swear) some wifi compatibility layer has been added to the kernel in the latest firmware release.

Even if it comes with no drivers whatsoever, you still can buy one of dongles proven to work with Pandora for less than 30 bucks, but I think it's taken care of.

The only thing you have to worry about is updates. In the best case you'll have your dongles working for free after every update, in the worst you'll have to copy the driver somewhere and install it after each reflash.

Anyway, even if an h-bomb falls on the whole Pandora team tomorrow, you'll still have at least one working driver for a modern wifi chip.

Is the "more powerful than an EEE" part new or did I just miss it earlier? Because it's not very true..
I'm pretty sure that that's always been there. It seems *very* familiar to me. :p

Anyway, getting more on-topic, it's a damn shame about there being no interest in fixing those boards, but on the other hand, it does sound like a pretty sweet deal for those who can get these (and deal with the WiFi dongle), too.

At least there'll be units shipping again. :)

Hi, newbie here;

Is this the new preorder, because I thought it was supposed to be unpaid?

what's the deal here?

Hi Jeremy, and welcome to here. :p

This isn't the new pre-order - this is a special deal on units with dud WiFi, that the old PCB manufacturer was supposed to fix but apparently hasn't.

Hi Jeremy, and welcome to here. :p

This isn't the new pre-order - this is a special deal on units with dud WiFi, that the old PCB manufacturer was supposed to fix but apparently hasn't.

To add to this, the new pre-order should start on saturday afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back