UK ordering available again for new units

My VIC-20 had an 8k expansion pack. 3.5 times the original 1.5k free RAM. It cost about £100 in 1984.

I'd have laughed at thought of megabytes if I had even considered such a ludicrous idea. Why would you need a million bytes? The screen was less than 1k. A thousand screens? Seriously? Why?

I thought memory prices hit a low at 1GB per pound.

Craig is just having a laugh..

*edit* spelling

I remember paying somewhere around $400 US for 4 megs of system ram in my 386.. let alone how much the motherboard cost.. that was the first computer I payed for myself.. I remember all those expansions for the Tandy TRS-80 Model I that my Dad owned being super expensive.

Still not as big of a purchase as my Pentium II 400mhz.. I played close to $1200 for the processor alone when those just came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny, I found two PII 400 in the trash around 6 or 7 years ago (complete PCs fully working), one of them have worked as my home server (just added a expansion card for usb 2.0 and some ram) until a couple weeks ago, it didn't broke just needed something with more power.

Wanting to edit whole films is understandable, if a little extravagant.

What I was going to be disgusted about is if there was actually a game which required 32GB of RAM.

Still, I'm sure Firefox isn't far off that requirement these days.

thing is RAM ammounts keep going up and prices go down..

getting 32 GB of RAM (1.6GHz modules) cost me a £138.89

There was an offer on 2x4GB packs at £34.75

which was cheaper than getting 4x4GB packs (of he same memory) selling at £80.

so I got 4 of them and it saved me £21.11

So sure it seems pointless having that amount but if that's what's available..

you can buy 8GB modules now.

Still, I'm sure Firefox isn't far off that requirement these days.
That is the one and only reason I have swap enabled. More than once a runaway web browser has consumed the entirety of RAM and started into swap space, at which point my PC comes to a crawl as it is swapping EVERYTHING, but still enough CPU to open a terminal and kill the offending browser. Typically this is because of Flash, but it's also happened once in Chrome since installing flashblock several months ago. I'm thinking of going back to Firefox again; FF11 is behaving much better on even my Pandora than Chrome does on my desktop.

Back on topic...

I put an order in yesterday, should I get an email? (Aside from PayPal)

You will when it ships, should be this week as long as UPS does not let us down.

When you said "this week" do you mean "in the next 7 days" or did you mean "by Fri/Sat/Sun/Monday" or whenever you consider the end of the week? (just trying to figure out when it will ship...)

Edit:

Also, will the email go to the email I put in the box when I ordered or the email registered with Paypal?

When you said "this week"...
he said "this week" and not "one week".
I was just checking because I didn't want to think it was late if it wasn't.

Also, will the email go to the email I put in the box when I ordered or the email registered with Paypal?

why don't you check both?
Because due to circumstances, I do not have acess to that email.

But none of that matters, I found out today that it has, indeed, shipped. I'm looking forward to having it in my hands. :D

héhé, just found a machine with a 128k bubble Ram... that looks great, I wonder how much that was costing at that time...

Can I order a lcd cable to Russian Fedration via some express delivery service, that provides a tracking number?

Because Russian post service is not reliable.

They already lost the cable ED sent me.

Just wondering, when is UPS usually supposed to send the tracking information? I got mail from either Craig or Jacquelyn or well the "team" that my pandora had been shipped on Monday 16.4. I have yet to receive email from UPS about tracking info. Upgraded position was 39.

Hello .... I am about to put in an order for a Pandora system and was wondering if there are still any in stock before I make a payment via my Paypal account. Thanks!

But I placed an order and paid the full amount 3 days ago and I have to wait for the next shipment from Germany, 2 to 3 weeks!!!!

Whats going on?

Back