Uk Ds Launch

:) Mmmmm 3 nomads

My collection

1xPSP
1XPocket PC
1xN-Gage QD
1xPC

OMG I'm such a fanboy :rolleyes: :p

I wish i could afford to buy all of them. All I've got is an xbox, ds and gp32. :(
Oh well, I'll be rich some day while your eatin out of the gutter. (i'm jokin so don't kill me)

xboxit posted on Mar 14 2005 at 11:59 AM said:
I wish i could afford to buy all of them. All I've got is an xbox, ds and gp32. :(
Oh well, I'll be rich some day while your eatin out of the gutter. (i'm jokin so don't kill me)

With the XBOX (Chipped) and the GP32, you could have a lot of thos consoles unofficially.

Out of interest, I have:

XBOX
Gamecube
PSP
GBC
GB
Game Gear
GP32
N64
Snes
Dreamcast
Nes
C64
Amiga (something)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if calling you a Sony fanboy pissed you off.

I too usually like it when threads change topic and become something new. However I dont like it when the minute Mark started this topic, I knew for certain it would become a boring old argument about the PSP involving the same old people.

And guess what? I was right.

EDIT- If Mr Twit says something so annoying, just ignore him. Or use one of the other countless threads. I dont wanna start an argument so this is my last post here but I really would have liked this to have remained a thread about the DS launch as I am really curious about how it went. Sorry if I pissed you guys off. It was just through frustration

(although I bought a DS on launch here in Canada) I am really surprised how well the DS sold so far. I don't find there is much compelling software yet (I think people are compelled to buy it due to it's interestingly strange design).

Having said that, I expect the DS to be one of the biggest sellers ever during its run. Have you seen the movies of Nintendogs? The sales of that to young girls alone will blow the entire market open.

I hope Sega makes Pocket Kingdoms for the DS or PSP, since I don't really want to buy an NGAGE (hey, the latest Jaguar!!! )

Kop_007 posted on Mar 14 2005 at 01:11 PM said:
xboxit posted on Mar 14 2005 at 11:59 AM said:

With the XBOX (Chipped) and the GP32, you could have a lot of thos consoles unofficially.

Out of interest, I have:

XBOX
Gamecube
PSP
GBC
GB
Game Gear
GP32
N64
Snes
Dreamcast
Nes
C64
Amiga (something)
I've got a modded xbox.
I wish i had waited for the uk launch. I'd be 40 quid and one game better off.

A couple of my friends in school went down on launch day to check it out, but none have bought a DS as of yet. None of them are gamers though so the fact that they are interested surprised me.

nobody cares about mine but anyway:
3 xbox's (1 black) (1 crystal) (1 modded crystal)
3 ps2's (1 big ass black) (2 slim)
2 gamecube's
1 dreamcast
1 n64
2 megadrives
3 gamegears (1 is broken)
2 ps1's
3 GBA
2 GBA SP
1 NGP
2 NGPC
2 GBC's
2 GBP
2 huge old gameboys
1 gp32
I think thats it...

about this whole argumnt, i think that (for me anyway) to get all the games i want i need all of the consoles and although psp may have (far) superior graphics and a list of great rpgs lined up, ds has the crazy nintendo exclusive games that everyone love, like mario, everyone loves a bit of mario. my brother has had a psp since they first came out in japan, and i have to say the graphics are amazing and the sreen is just the best, but after plaing a ds at the weekend at game i really want one, soo badly and although i still want a psp, the ds is the one for me at the moment. both have there good points both have there bad :D

I took a bunch of games to trade for a DS today, totalled at £106, but because I said that I couldn't afforded it when they phone to say they're in they cancelled my pre order and the store sold out completely, even the seonded lot they had in.
Now I have £25 in pocket and £69 in store credit for when they restock.

Thats a good point. I think i'll go and take my old xbox games to gamestation or game and see if i can get some ds games. :D

you probably wont know but does anyone have a rough estimate on hpw much i could get for an old dreamcast (with box) bout 5 games, an n64 wiv couple of controllers and games? oh yeh and if anyone has shenmue 2 for dreamcast that gets you loads of dosh, i got 35 for mine!

you guys have spurred me on to do possibly the most risky thing EVER, im ganna take loads of stuff into gamestation sumtime this week, i mean LOADS of stuf, including an n64 dreamcast loads of games, and if i still dont have enough maybe my xbox (i dont really want the xbox, we have 2 other ones anyway :p ). so im takin a risk. a potentially embarrasing one. but im up for it im going to do it :rolleyes: wish me luck, i wish other fellow i want a ds people luck. i hope we are all lucky. lol

mattmagoo posted on Mar 14 2005 at 08:29 PM said:
GAmestation?!?!?!

i got shenmue 1 & 2
ya i took in a load of dreamcast games once so i could get some games, and came out with like £80's worth, then when i looked at the recipt it said i got like £32 - £35 i cant remember which. i was well happy :D. u should be closer to a ds then you imagened. :lol:

I've only got 20 quid left (thanks to mothers day) so i was gonna try to get meteos and maybe something else. I might still buy it if you still have it in a week.

How did you know it was gamestation?

I might take in my DC and Shuemue 1+2 to see if I can make up the rest, or at least all the assessories I don't need.
Shame that they've also sold out of SM64DS, the first game I wanted but I'll probally settle for Zoo keeper

For a DC boxed I'd imagine it be £20-25 trade in for the console alone...

Apeiron posted on Mar 14 2005 at 09:08 PM said:
How did you know it was gamestation?

I might take in my DC and Shuemue 1+2 to see if I can make up the rest, or at least all the assessories I don't need.
Shame that they've also sold out of SM64DS, the first game I wanted but I'll probally settle for Zoo keeper

For a DC boxed I'd imagine it be £20-25 trade in for the console alone...
i know it was gamestation cause it was me tradin them in <_< . 20 - 25 not bad. ill sweet talk my mum round to givin me loads of money lol

matt goode - and here I thought I had something to brag about :D :p From one guy with way too many video game systems to another, why the heck do you have so many game systems??? Especially, why 3 each of Xbox and PS2? Closest I ever came to buying two of a home console like that was the Xbox as I wanted one modded and one unmodded for play on Xbox Live. Well that and I have the PS One and PSX, this is because my PSX is mod chipped so I keep that for playing imports, and the PS One was just too damn cool not to get with that awesome Sony screen, and is a good companion for weekends out of town... at least until PSP came out, now it just sits and gathers dust :(

KOP 007 - yeah you have a good point, in that my modded Xbox does make quite a few of those systems I have nearly obsolete... I've actually pondered getting rid of a few of the older ones but really there's no point, it's not like any of them are really worth any substantial amount of money. And I guess it's kind of fun to own so many different ones. There is still the odd game as well, that doesn't work perfectly on an xbox emulator that I'd rather keep the actual system for... just a few, but those few still make it worth owning them.

Declaration - dunno if you're gonna read this since you said you were out of this thread for good. I know your fanboy comments were not solely directed at me, but rather a few of guys here... but you really gotta look at the thread and see that, at least in my case, I didn't come into this thread talking about the PSP at all. My first reply on this thread was strictly related to the DS launch (re: the number of games it was launching with, hoping that since there was so much time from the US launch, that with the UK launch you guys would get more games to choose from)... but then people come in making some really silly, uninformed comments (as always), trying to find some kind of basis for saying the DS would do better or be better than the PSP. Stuff like "It takes 15 hours to convert a movie!"... just nonsense.

Anyways, no hard feelings then... hey at least you gave me a good excuse to finally pull all my systems into one place and take a pic... been wanting to do that forever, silly as that is! So some good was done, at least. And now whenever anyone ever accuses me of being a fanboy I can just throw that down :p :rolleyes:

So now, back onto the original subject for me, then....

So UK guys... what games DID the DS launch with over there?? Hoping Nintendo made up for making you wait by giving you a bit more selection??

Back