Gba Sp Vs Ds

generalnmx said:
Beyond what is mentioned above, the DS actually has extra hardware in it to make kinda like a mini-GBA circuit for GBA/GB/GBC only use.
There's no GB/GBC support on the DS which is pretty much the SP's only advantage. The SP also doesn't take regular headphones, you need some crazy adapter.... the DS screens provide no real difference between the SP size-wise but they are much more modern displays, look sharper and more vibrant, especially on the DS.... the DS Lite's controls beat out the SP's any day of the week, the SP has these awful clicky things. The DS has the real deal with the nice soft membrane buttons like the original GBA. And when you want to play DS games you can. (You will)

If you're the pirating type, you can get a cheap Slot 2 flash device like an M3 Lite and download GBA ROMs for free to put on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not the same size, look in this thread for actual measurements. I also had a GBA SP (new edition, with brighter screen, btw) and a DS Lite, side by side, both running in gba mode, and the GBA picture on DS is SMALLER then on the GBA SP, no question about it. The two screens have different aspect ratios, so i think that's why the letterbox format on nds. But i don't like it so, i want to be full screen, without borders. Can it be made to run so?

Back