Mario 64 DS
Spider-Man 2
Asphalt Urban GT
The Urbz
Mr.Driller
Wario Ware Touched
Pokemon Dash

I think thats it.

yeah that beats the US launch which was like 5 games or maybe 6. I think we're STILL waiting for Rayman??? I've been looking forward to that one, I've loved all the Rayman games so far, including the GBA ones...

Has anyone picked up Rayman DS yet? Please PLEASE tell me it's as good as I hope it is....

I have a personal Vendetta towards Rayman, although my brother has the game. I played it for a while, and it didn't seem that good.

My brother gives it a 2.5/5. Not good, as he overates everything.

You missed Sprung and ZooKeeper, We're meant to have 15 in total but not sure if it's true.
As for Rayman I won't be buying it, why'd it have to go 3d I'll never know. I work so well as a 2d and the GFX match the game.

Bournemouth sold out of Wario Ware and Mario DS today.

Gamestation are cool, I just traded in a few crap PS2 titles and got my hands on MGS3 and Kingdom Hearts, i'm happy! :)

Twimfy posted on Mar 15 2005 at 06:40 PM said:
Gamestation are cool, I just traded in a few crap PS2 titles and got my hands on MGS3 and Kingdom Hearts, i'm happy! :)
You won't be happy when you play MGS3, because it is the worst in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
huh... I've been loving MGS 3 quite a bit...

And I also love Rayman in 3d... well I loved Rayman 2 on DC... Rayman 3 was okay but not nearly the masterpiece 2 was.

To each their own I guess but sux to hear Rayman is probably not that good on the DS....

finty posted on Mar 15 2005 at 05:54 PM said:

Really I haven't played it. But I heard from most people it was much better than 2

yeah in a lot of ways it's better than 2. In some ways it's not. One thing it's really missing that 2 had was the immense attention to detail. Like in 2, where you could go crazy shooting at fruit or glass bottles or just so many things... not that it affected the game much, but I dunno there was just something about being able to interact with the environment like that. 2 also ran MUCH smoother and looked a bit better up close, but that's because 3 takes place in all open environments and is really taxing the PS2's abilities. They are both great games but yeah at the moment, even though I haven't finished 3, I would have to say it is probably the better game.

well damn if the thread keeps changing so easily, maybe that's just a sign that there just ain't that much to say about the DS launch in the UK :D

bast525 posted on Mar 16 2005 at 08:16 AM said:
well damn if the thread keeps changing so easily, maybe that's just a sign that there just ain't that much to say about the DS launch in the UK :D

Hah I didn't say nothing :lol:

yup i got ds before the launch date i got amet who works in a warehosue where they store all the games consoles and stuiff like that.

i sold 10 for him for £65 so my one ended up free :p

finty posted on Mar 15 2005 at 05:54 PM said:

wooaaahhh i thought mgs3 was ojne of the best game i ever played granted it didnt have the charm of the first in the series but the ateention to detail is amazing, I loved this game i played it straight through wired on pro pluses and beer the surround sound is amazing and if you play it on a decent sized screen the game just grabs you.

It slowed down in certain bits but comee onn look at the boss battles theyre badddd

Well some info for ya on the UK DS launch, to keep the thread on topic ;)

[Source - www.gamesindustry.biz]

Nintendo DS smashes first weekend sales records
Illustration
Kristan Reed 11:49 15/03/2005

Beats the Cube's records by quite a margin with the UK's biggest console debut ever

The Nintendo DS got off to a flying start last weekend in the UK, becoming the fastest-selling console ever with sales topping some 87,000 units in the first two days at retail, according to Chart-Track data released this morning.

Compared to previous console sales over the years, the DS was well ahead of the original GBA's launch statistics, which managed 67,000 back in June 2001, while the remodelled GBA SP debuted with 47,000 in March 2003.

The cheap and cheerful DS even smashed sales of fully-fledged consoles, beating the Cube's record debut week of 69,000 back in May 2002, with the likes of Xbox (52,000) and PS2 (46,000) selling decent numbers despite £299 price points.

Software wise, the DS launched with an impressive 16 titles, 12 of which made this week's Top 40 All Formats - although with PS2 titles such as Gran Turismo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3 ruling the roost at the top of the listings, the best the DS could muster was a No.4 entry with Super Mario 64 DS, closely followed in the Top 10 by Wario Ware Touched! At No.6 and Rayman DS at No.10.

Ubisoft also scored a surprising No.12 entry with Asphalt: Urban GT, EA's multiformat pair of The Urbz: Sims In The City and Tiger Woods PGA Tour move up to No.15 and No.16 respectively, Pokemon Dash made it to No.18, Spider-Man 2 moved up to No.19, while the multiformat Robots (No.25), Project Rub (No.29), Zoo Keeper (No.39), and Polarium (No.40) also made it into the Top 40.

That left four of the 16-strong line up outside the Top 40, meaning the likes of Mr Driller: Drill Spirits, Retro Atari Classics, Ping Pals and Sprung were lower down on gamers' shopping lists.

Nevertheless, given the crowded release schedule on other platforms, strong hardware sales and 12 titles in the Top 40 in the opening weekend represent a very strong early showing for the DS in a territory where many in the industry were unsure of how well Nintendo's new machine would be received.

The challenge now for the system will be to continue its sales once the first wave of early adoption has died down - and to build strong momentum and expand its software base in Europe before the PlayStation Portable arrives in a few months time.

skysnapper posted on Mar 16 2005 at 02:20 PM said:
[Source - www.gamesindustry.biz]

the PlayStation Portable arrives in a few months time.

Even the quotes are at it :p

To get back on topic, here is some amazing news:
As reported in the latest UK Chart Highlights, the Nintendo DS has sold a massive 87,000 units across the whole of Britain since its launch at midnight on Friday 11th March, 2005. This sets a new UK record for the fastest selling hardware in the country, displacing the previous record holder, Nintendo's very own GameCube, which passed through 69,000 in the same time span thanks to its amazingly cheap price-point for a home console - £130.

But whilst Britain is seen as the largest European market, it would be foolish to dismiss the sales across the rest of the PAL territory. As a quick recap, the Nintendo DS shipped 500,000 units for its 21st November, 2004 North American launch and the same figure for its 12th December Japanese release. And the record stands as this:

# North America: 500,000 sold in a week
# Japan: 500,000 sold in just four days

Quite impressive, no? Well, when it was finally announced in Paris that Europe would be allocated 650,000 units from Day One, several eyebrows were raised. Would Nintendo be able to mimic the success elsewhere in the treacherous waters of Europe? The Australian launch came and went at the end of February, again setting a new record in that region for the fastest selling system in its entire history of gaming. So the onus truly was on Europe...

...and we have delivered in style. Out of the 650,000 available on Friday, over 600,000 of the Nintendo DS portable systems had been sold around Europe by Sunday! That means that in just three days, Europe managed to buy more Nintendo DS systems than the US and Japan did in a week and four days, respectively. Surely now we will not be considered as third in the pecking order!

So high was the demand, that many games simply sold out straight away, with a massive shortage in Pokémon Dash and Polarium that is only just starting to be filled as of today. Perhaps this explains their lower than expected chart positions in the UK at least...

With such a huge first weekend, taking even Nintendo seemingly by surprise, it can only mean repercussions for next week's hardware sales as the company desperately tries to fulfil the demand. But it could also mean a chance for game sales to increase. We will not know until next Monday at the earliest!
If you can't be bothered to read it, in summary, it says 600,000 DSes were sold in Europe in just three days! That is faster than it sold in America and Japan! Pokemon Dash and Polarium conmpletely sold out.
Hopefully Europe won't be the last place to get games from now on.

Back