Uae4all Amiga Emulator Port To Gp2x

Hi,

I've uploaded version 0.21 to http://www.vividvillage.com/ now. I'll upload it to the files section here shortly.

I fixed the annoying crash on exit back to GP2X menu (exit now works), and I defined the Y button as joystick button 2, as I noticed that a few games that would otherwise have run okay need the space bar or second button (Turrican, Shadow Dancer, Chase HQ, Wonderboy). Now I'm only going by the wiki comments, but these were noted as needing the space bar, and at least in Turrican joybutton2 works for that function too.

I don't have Shadow Dancer, Chase HQ or Wonderboy, so if whoever entered those comments on the wiki could try this update, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, no other goodies in this version.

chris_r posted on Feb 4 2006 at 05:51 PM said:
Isn't there a virtual keyboard already implemented in uae4all on the dc though? Wouldn;t it just be a case of reassigning the button that brings in up to a gp2x button instead of a dc one.
Yes, it's already implemented on the dc. I was put off slightly at my first attempt because chui had added virtual keyboard and mouse methods to his own SDL for DC layer. It's probably not a biggie, I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joy button 2 will only work as joy button 2. IIRC only turrican 2 and a handfull of other games support it. Unfortunately it will not assume the place of space bar in a large amount of games.

But good to see an update none the less. :)

feddon posted on Feb 4 2006 at 07:40 PM said:
Added another 10 games or so to wiki, bit dissapointed the UFO and Space crusade both arnt working atm but still chuffed that some games do.

What use would be if UFO worked when there is no mouse support? <_<

if it worked now then it will work when we have mouse support cos im sure it will be added eventually. Im a huge UFO fan thats all and thought i may aswell give it a look.

ufo is loading for me, but i cant get past the language selection screen because of the lack of mouse. However make sure that you are not trying the AGA version of ufo. uae4all only emulates a500 standard hardware.

Beside of that when trying out games start with throttle of 0. I found that a few games werent loading with throttle. However Ufo isnt one of that.

This is a SAD SAD day for me, I`ve not used my GP2x for over a month (been using the GP32 instead) mainly because of the crap control stick. This is the ultimate emulator that i have been waiting for since getting my GP32 and now the GP2x, The SAD part is I CAN NOT FIND MY GP2X ANYWHERE, I have looked EVERYWHERE around the house and still no GP2x :(. Just fu*king typical, I don`t use it for ages, An AMIGA emulator gets released ( :wub: ) and the fu*ker disappears off the face of the earth, SH*T.

Sorry for the bad language, I`m P*SSED. :angry:

GP2x, "Where are you"

Trooper

I'm adding a good dozen entries...

ANYTHING that's based on Workbench to boot doesn't work. This is most shareware stuff and early commercial stuff.

critical posted on Feb 4 2006 at 04:00 PM said:
I'm not going to start improving compatibility until I've got the thing running faster... I don't think there would be much point.

Just wondering do you think it will be ever possible to have sound working or will that be too much for the GP2X hardware?

hacox posted on Feb 5 2006 at 01:39 AM said:
found that a few games werent loading with throttle.

I have just tried this and a lot of games I couldnt run are now running. Will have to update my entries in the Wiki accordingly.

Shane R. Monroe posted on Feb 5 2006 at 07:08 AM said:
I've created a tool to generate Wiki entries ... Will shave off TONS of time ...

http://www.dualscreenradio.com/uaeentry.php

Enjoy - let me know if you find any bugs.

A handy generator. Would be nice if you could just pop in wiki with auto-login like when you normally go there by its URL.

Great work Shane. Good news about the throttling success too, hacox!

With respect to the possibilities for the future - I just don't know. I'm hopeful for sound support, and the virtual keyboard being added back in within the next week. I'm only getting little parcels of time to work on this at the moment.

feddon - I felt a bit sorry that UFO was being denied to you due to lack of mouse support, so I've implemented it now.

Version 0.25 is up here: http://www.vividvillage.com/

The START button toggles mouse emulation - I just had a game of Lemmings :)

I'll upload it to the file archive here now. No other changes are in this release.

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 5 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
Thank you for your continued work on this critical. :)
No probs - it's a good learning experience for me, as it's my first gp2x app, and I've never used SDL before ;)

thank you so much for mouse support, critical.
syndicate here i come... ;-)

hey critical. You were the one that told me in another thread that I should play shadow of the beast and chaos engine on the mega drive emulator. Now your are coming out with an emulator that supports shadow of the beast 3 (although this game needs keyboard implemented to be really playable) and of course chaos engine. thanks a lot, this is the real thing now.

chaos engineer posted on Feb 5 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
hey critical. You were the one that told me in another thread that I should play shadow of the beast and chaos engine on the mega drive emulator.
Yeah, I know. It was one of the things that set me thinking that it'd be worth picking up the effort. Lots of work still remains, of course, and the lack of ASM core worries me the most. I'll see how it goes when I hit that... I used to work with a few people who'd be able to help me with that.

critical posted on Feb 5 2006 at 02:24 PM said:
Great work Shane. Good news about the throttling success too, hacox!

With respect to the possibilities for the future - I just don't know. I'm hopeful for sound support, and the virtual keyboard being added back in within the next week. I'm only getting little parcels of time to work on this at the moment.

feddon - I felt a bit sorry that UFO was being denied to you due to lack of mouse support, so I've implemented it now.

Version 0.25 is up here: http://www.vividvillage.com/

The START button toggles mouse emulation - I just had a game of Lemmings :)

I'll upload it to the file archive here now. No other changes are in this release.

Now UFO gets as far as to the point when you have to type in a name for your base, so it depends on the keyboard again ;)

Anyway, it is amazing just to see UFO on the screen :D

Before you get to implementing the keyboard, would it be possible to hardwire the enter key to one of the buttons? Enter and maybe space? That would make much more games playable as they need this to skip the passwors enetring part or copy protection part.

Thanks a lot for this emu :)

Another great release Critical!

Ive been busy adding entries to the compatability list today. Maybe people should be adding what cracked version they have been testing so other people can test other versions?

Im amazed how far this emu has come so quickly!

Great work.

Back