Uae2x 0.1alpha Wip

subcon959 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 12:25 PM said:
Perhaps the CPU speed should start at 1 by default?
No - that would switch off the shortcuts that make most games playable at a decent rate. You simply need to know that if a game fails to progress, you should try it with CPU set to 1. The default case covers the majority of games... why penalise the speed in those?

Last edited by a moderator:
FAO: Critical

Sorry matey, I wasn't ignoring you previously or anything, the ROM I have for Paradroid 90 must be corrupt or something as I couldn't get it to work using the settings you described. I even got hold of an Atari ST version of the game and tried it in Vice and even that wouldn't work :lol:

It seems, fate doesn't want me to play Paradroid 90 again.

I'll download this emulator over the weekend and give it a try and let everyone know how I got on.

*Whisper* Anyone try UFO?

Ubersnug posted on Oct 13 2006 at 02:04 PM said:
I even got hold of an Atari ST version of the game and tried it in Vice and even that wouldn't work
:blink:
OutcaST is the ST emulator not Vice.

gaterooze posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:55 AM said:
Damume posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:28 AM said:
Paradroid 90, Black screen for me but title tune plays

Try dropping the CPU speed down to 1, that jumpstarts mine.

Cheers underpants hiding dude, That worked :)

(Hired Guns runs by doing that too, But a gfx glitch makes selecting your starting world rather tricky)

Ubersnug posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:04 PM said:
*Whisper* Anyone try UFO?

Yup, UFO ECS works

Damume posted on Oct 13 2006 at 12:28 PM said:
Tried a couple of demos, Sanity's State of the Art ran but rather slow and LSD's Jesus on E's didn't seem to want to go past the insert disk 2 in DF1: screen
state of the art is by spaceballs :)
and i'll test jesus on e's and make it work :)

even though i own an amiga (two actually, one of them is just right next to me (one of those first amigas with red power led that totally goes off when you turn off the sound filter)), i've never played games on them, so i don't know the games you're mentioning.. :)

i always test uae with demos and intros.. so, what games should i try?

Turrican currently runs really well, not tried Turrican II yet but they are both classic Amiga games. Speedball2 is also worth checking out. Sensible Soccer would be a great game to get working. Some of my personal favourites are Supercars I and II, Wings of Fury, Jetstrike, IK+, Stunt Car Racer, Continental Circus, Lotus II, Rotox, Carrier Command, FA18 Interceptor... man there really are too many to choose from. :D

What type of games do you like?

GnoStiC posted on Oct 13 2006 at 04:56 PM said:
Tried a couple of demos, Sanity's State of the Art ran but rather slow and LSD's Jesus on E's didn't seem to want to go past the insert disk 2 in DF1: screen

even though i own an amiga (two actually, one of them is just right next to me (one of those first amigas with red power led that totally goes off when you turn off the sound filter)), i've never played games on them, so i don't know the games you're mentioning.. :)

My brain said Spaceballs but my fingers typed Sanity :huh: (breakdown in communication again)

As Iorgy77 said, What type of games do you like? The Amiga has a great back catalogue :D

Just tried a couple more demo's:

Odyssey by Alcatraz and Arte! by Sanity (right this time) are working but struggle in places

Iorgy77 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 05:19 PM said:
Turrican currently runs really well, not tried Turrican II yet but they are both classic Amiga games. Speedball2 is also worth checking out. Sensible Soccer would be a great game to get working. Some of my personal favourites are Supercars I and II, Wings of Fury, Jetstrike, IK+, Stunt Car Racer, Continental Circus, Lotus II, Rotox, Carrier Command, FA18 Interceptor... man there really are too many to choose from. :D

I can help you with some of these...

Speedball 2 runs the intro, then freezes before getting to the menu.
Lotus 2 is also not running. Can't even get to the intro... just black screen.
IK+ works like a charm... full speed with sound

As soon as I get some more time, I'll try Stunt Car Racer and Supercars.

I just played Speedball 2 for an hour, it works great. I used the trainer though and gave my team full stats :p

Xenon 2 keeps resetting the Amiga (or at least it seems like that's what it's doing), sometimes as soon as the game starts, sometimes a minute into it. Tried a bunch of different versions and they all did this.

Just a note to folks with non-working games: *sometimes* there are a few different cracks/releases of each game, and some won't work while others will. So for a game that isn't running, you might be lucky to find an alternative version that will.

it is an interesting fact that most amiga geeks have more than one amiga, i don't know why <_<

i had 3, sold one of them about a year ago (a500 + 2mb chip + 1mb fast + a590 20mb hd + atonce pc emulator + datel action replay 3 + stereo sound sampler + 1084s d1 + tv tuner for 1084s)

now i have a handheld a5002x :p

WhiteFalcon posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:43 PM said:
Just don't turn this into yet another thread about who owns more Amigas please ;)

THB: :rolleyes:

Damume posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:44 PM said:
My brain said Spaceballs but my fingers typed Sanity :huh: (breakdown in communication again)
As Iorgy77 said, What type of games do you like? The Amiga has a great back catalogue :D

Just tried a couple more demo's:
Odyssey by Alcatraz and Arte! by Sanity (right this time) are working but struggle in places

well, i'm not a gamer and frankly i'm not interested in any.. but i love to watch my wife playing flatout 2 (pc), need for speed series (pc), resident evil (ps2) etc.. i myself, still play river raid, wizard of wor :)

i'll try these mentioned games (i downloaded tosec packages) but my main goal is and will be to watch demos :rolleyes:

AND
i found this site for a possible frontend to uae for game fans,
http://www.amigagames.com/gameicons.info/

but it can pain in the a* to match game name with image name..

GnoStiC posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
it is an interesting fact that most amiga geeks have more than one amiga, i don't know why <_<

i had 3, sold one of them about a year ago (a500 + 2mb chip + 1mb fast + a590 20mb hd + atonce pc emulator + datel action replay 3 + stereo sound sampler + 1084s d1 + tv tuner for 1084s)

now i have a handheld a5002x :p

WhiteFalcon posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:43 PM said:
Just don't turn this into yet another thread about who owns more Amigas please ;)

THB: :rolleyes:

WhiteFalcon has forbidden me from mentioning how many amigas I have again. ;)

GnoStiC posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
i found this site for a possible frontend to uae for game fans,
http://www.amigagames.com/gameicons.info/

but it can pain in the a* to match game name with image name..

Those are icons for WHDLoad on a real high spec amiga, and yes it will be impossible to match adfs with those, one could spend a lifetime matching the dupes in tosec up to icons and never get the job done. :)

GnoStiC posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:56 PM said:

Do you know a place to download all scene demos in one big file? (I can ask this because demos aren't W4r3Z).

I used to have boatloads of demos on my real Amiga, but bit rot got to them and they just give me "read-write errors"

I have found some sites that host demos but they are on a one-by-one basis which it too tedious.

Thanks.

i remember seeing and downloading some packages on some p2p, but i don't know if they are still available.. i dumped all my demo disks back in 94-95 and downloaded one by one whenever i saw a new one..

but i'd like to know, if you find any "all in one" files :)

DaveC posted on Oct 14 2006 at 04:42 AM said:
Do you know a place to download all scene demos in one big file? (I can ask this because demos aren't W4r3Z).

I used to have boatloads of demos on my real Amiga, but bit rot got to them and they just give me "read-write errors"

I have found some sites that host demos but they are on a one-by-one basis which it too tedious.

Thanks.

DaveC posted on Oct 14 2006 at 02:42 AM said:

I don't recall stumbling across a P2P for all the demo's but there is a website that hosts the whole TOSEC that has a section on demos (that includes scene and game) but not sure if that link is safe? and you have to download each file individually. I went through and grabbed a few of the one's that stuck in my mind from when i used to own one.

Perhaps this?

Roms.-.Commodore.Amiga.-.Demos.-.Packs.(TOSEC-v2004-12-12).MarcoM.Faby_Amighista.MCSTeam.rar

2.17gb

Back