Uae2x 0.1alpha Wip

thanks for working on this emu. :)

I have seen a few problems but i wont tell you cause u probably know.

but one of them was, on pinball fantasies and the mouse wasnt working well to throw the ball to the game.
Im sure u will fix it in newer versions.
I was sourprised it load nearly everything That is brilliant, i am so happy Thanks again and take it easy. :)

Cheers!

Thanks GnoStiC. Oh, one more thing, I think the Ami-mouse moves a little too slowly, at least on a Workbench screen--would be nice to be faster (or able to set a sensitivity value), but maybe that is just me.

Holy Cow!!!! It runs Shadow of the Beast III :eek:

No, really... this is great.

It shows that it is still in Alpha stage (it is very unstable, and I could not get it to play many games), but it when it loads a game, it is FAST as hell!!!!

The emulator tends to became more unstable as I increase CPU speed (within the menu) and doing this also increases the number of graphic glitches (SotB3 is a good example).

I'd like to confirm that it also crashes my GP2x on exit (I am using GP2xmenu v0.7).

I could also get it to run IK+ full speed, but the emulator is a little picky about increasing the CPU speed within this game, so I had to try several combination (I have to start with the minimum CPU speed because it wont even load the Kickstart on any other setting).

For the record, I have been testing this with my GP2x overclocked at 250Mhz.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

After fiddling around a bit I got a game to work once but the sound didn't work (maybe just a compatibility thing).

Most of the time it just goes through the grey flashes and ends up at the insert workbench screen. I select the disk, then hit reset (goes to WB), then run. When I hit run nothing happens 99% of the time. Maybe it doesn't like the disk images or something. I seem to have good luck getting it to load "mind walker" because of the standard WB on the disk, custom boot blocks that most games had don't seem to work.

It seems that I get a bit of noise and flicker on the LCD. I have an M2 and don't usually see that. Are you messing with the LCD timing?

Looks promising though. Impressive job for only a few weeks of work.

DaveC posted on Oct 12 2006 at 07:55 AM said:
I select the disk, then hit reset (goes to WB), then run. When I hit run nothing happens 99% of the time.
uae2x's reset ejects disks, then resets system.. it won't eject disks in newer versions..
so for now, try selecting a file image after a reset..

Last edited by a moderator:
All this in three weeks.... wow !

Found about the same problems as the others on this board but maybe a constructive remark...

The virtual keyboard seems to go in the same direction as in uae4all. It looks good but it is slow when using it. I am a big fan of simulation software (a lot of key-pressing is needed when playing) and the virtual keyboard that works best for me is that on the c64 emulators available (VICE e.g.) It is a simple moveable keyboard that you can place anywhere on the screen and has clear keys... (I know the amiga keyboard has more of them so it will be bigger on screen)

Also the use of the b-button for normal input and the use of the Y-button for input with shift-key pressed is clever...

For the time being I play all simulation software on the c64 emulator because of the keyboard although the amiga graphics are much bettter and the machine is much faster...

But hey this is impressive work....

I haven't had a chance to play this yet but can anyone tell me if Paradroid 90 works on this. It was the one game I have been trying to get to work between Criticals amiga emulator and the ST emulator and I haven't been successfull yet.

Will this emu in the future be able to have config files for seperate games and apps? Also has anyone else tried Shadow of the Beast 1 to work? Mine always crashes right before I get to the tree house level. I had this same problem on WinUAE. I think I had to have it a certain chipset and have it on fast for it to work.

Ubersnug posted on Oct 12 2006 at 09:14 AM said:
I haven't had a chance to play this yet but can anyone tell me if Paradroid 90 works on this. It was the one game I have been trying to get to work between Criticals amiga emulator and the ST emulator and I haven't been successfull yet.
I already told you it works fine for me on uae4all using the disk image I downloaded - see here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...402&st=600#

Ubersnug posted on Oct 12 2006 at 08:14 AM said:
I haven't had a chance to play this yet but can anyone tell me if Paradroid 90 works on this.

YES, it does!

It only works on CPU speed 1. Using 275mhz and with sound on, it was a bit slow at 0 frame skip, but at FS1 or autoFS it was pretty darn zippy :)

edit: it's the same file I was using on uae4all 0.5.1.

Waoooo ! Great news !
Thanks GnoStiC, I was waiting for a new Amiga episode for my gp2X.
I left my Gp2x where I work and can't try this emu. I will next monday for sure.
Haaaa can't wait !
Critical said:
Fantastic :) Ah... the sweet feeling of freedom!
You were haunted by the ghost of the Amiga !
He he, I'm sure you're more excited than all of us about that ;)

GnoStiC posted on Oct 12 2006 at 06:11 AM said:
DaveC posted on Oct 12 2006 at 07:55 AM said:
I select the disk, then hit reset (goes to WB), then run. When I hit run nothing happens 99% of the time.
uae2x's reset ejects disks, then resets system.. it won't eject disks in newer versions..
so for now, try selecting a file image after a reset..

Ok I will try that.

What is with the LCD timing though? It seems to mess up my settings and introduce noise lines across the screen. This is something that I have never seen on my M2 Gp2X until now. I would suggest not playing with the LCD timings and leave that to the user's default settings.

Also for the keyboard. An idea would be to lay the keys across the bottom of the screen in the unused 40 pixel band. This way you don't cover any of the Amiga screen and the keyboard can be set in an option to be always active for games that are KB intensive.

20 dave ;) Amiga beat the PC there too, damn i loved my amiga.

This emu is looking awesome, my GP2X is becoming disturbingly essential :) I've actually turned round in my car in the morning and driven home if i've forgotten it.

DaveC posted on Oct 13 2006 at 05:41 AM said:
What is with the LCD timing though? It seems to mess up my settings and introduce noise lines across the screen. This is something that I have never seen on my M2 Gp2X until now. I would suggest not playing with the LCD timings and leave that to the user's default settings.
hmm? but i don't play with lcd timings..
does anyone else have the same problem?

Also for the keyboard. An idea would be to lay the keys across the bottom of the screen in the unused 40 pixel band. This way you don't cover any of the Amiga screen and the keyboard can be set in an option to be always active for games that are KB intensive.
unused 40 pixels?
well, low res pal amiga resolution is 320*256, so actually we're 16pixels short :}

TomVS posted on Oct 12 2006 at 10:55 AM said:
.. and the virtual keyboard that works best for me is that on the c64 emulators available (VICE e.g.)..
i'll give it a try :)

Hmm well alot of games were only NTSC which was 320 x 200. Overscan wasn't used for games either. I remember alot of PAL users complained about the lack of the use of the extra pixels. The keyboard would work well for the NTSC games at least.

craigix posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:50 AM said:
I've actually turned round in my car in the morning and driven home if i've forgotten it.

PMSL, So it's not just me then :D

GnoStiC! for a few weeks work and a very alpha release i think it's safe to say this emu will have got the old die hard Amiga users very excited. WOW!!! is all i can say after firing up some games using the tweak script.

My report back after a quick play:

Turrican, Near perfect WITH SOUND B) A bit of slowdown when a few baddies on screen at once
The Persian Gulf Inferno, Into music seems a bit slow but in game speed seems perfect
Blood Money, Intro is slow, Slight graphic glitch on menus but in game seems perfect

Hired Guns, Didn't get past trainer menu
Paradroid 90, Black screen for me but title tune plays

The First Samurai, Shadow of the Beast, Turrican II, Project X, Damn ... even Stardust worked :eek: All run a bit slow but seem fine if i turn sound off

Tried a couple of demos, Sanity's State of the Art ran but rather slow and LSD's Jesus on E's didn't seem to want to go past the insert disk 2 in DF1: screen

Bugs i found seem to have been covered already buy mine doesn't seem to crash on exit but sometimes if i exit then reload the emulator it hangs on a black screen and crashed the GP2X but it doesn't do this every time :unsure:

Superb start though, Thanks GnoStiC and Critical for helping bring the Amiga to the GP2X (applause)

Damume posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:28 AM said:
Paradroid 90, Black screen for me but title tune plays

Try dropping the CPU speed down to 1, that jumpstarts mine.

Back