U. S. 2008 Election Thread

I don't understand American culture at all.
Thinking about the fact, that Al Gore actually had more votes than Bush and yet lost the election made me shudder. It's time for us 'old Europeans' to take it in our hands instead of moaning and whining. The American way of treating the rest of the world is just an ancient relic from the cold war. In each and every war after WW2 they got kicked in the ass and still there is no learning curve. Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden were just American tools that got out of control.
No matter who wins the election, I hope he pulls back the soldiers and starts building up a democratic country with a decent social system.

My favorite:

"Yesterday, John McCain actually said that if he's president he'll take on — and I quote — 'the old boys network in Washington.' I'm not making this up," Obama said. "This is somebody who's been in Congress for 26 years, who put seven of the most powerful Washington lobbyists in charge of his campaign.

"And now he tells us that he's the one who's going to take on the old boys network," Obama said. "The old boys network. In the McCain campaign that's called a staff meeting. Come on."

CronoTriggerfan said:
I do believe it's called MSLSD. Or MSKGB. Or my personal favorite, PMSNBC. :lol: Either way, any site that Rachael Maddow cites on a regular basis isn't even-keel, factcheck has a pretty clear agenda. And yes, I do listen to Doctor Maddow, I've listened to Liberal and Conservative media ever since I can remember. Before it was to formulate my own political identity, but anymore I just stick around to see how big a fool Keith Overbite can make of himself in a single hour.
1. stop with the stupid gimmicks. political slogans and gimicks have never been clever, I like ike was the high point, and thats sad. barockin obama, nobama, mcsame, 'faux' (so stupid lol) news, and those things you said: what the hell is that? MSLSD? how the fuck does msnbc have shit to do with LSD? are you trying to imply there is a connection between MSNBC and LSD? because let me assure you, there isn't. MSKGB? now you are implying they are a disbanded russian intelligence agency Or PSMNBC? are you implying that MSNBC gets morning sickness, bloating, cramps, and overamped libido on a semi regular schedule? dude, that shits childish. grow up.
2. you can reference someone who is biased if the point you are referencing of them isn't biased. fact check is about as middle of the line as you can get.
3. 'formulate' your political identity? what identity is that, 'post on internet forums with a less than basic understanding of US and global politics'?
4. keith overbite? once again the immature nicknames. yeah, maybe i should just call mccain 'eggplant head' from now on. hey, its half-true and it makes sense, right? (wrong, no matter who uses them its not ok) even worse that its about a physical problem rather than one regarding his political stance
5. keith olbermann while full of shit sometimes is certainly more intelligible than some of your idols

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
I do believe it's called MSLSD. Or MSKGB. Or my personal favorite, PMSNBC. :lol: Either way, any site that Rachael Maddow cites on a regular basis isn't even-keel, factcheck has a pretty clear agenda. And yes, I do listen to Doctor Maddow, I've listened to Liberal and Conservative media ever since I can remember. Before it was to formulate my own political identity, but anymore I just stick around to see how big a fool Keith Overbite can make of himself in a single hour.
At lease Maddow admits she is liberal. Contrast that to O'Reilly who still claims he is an independant. INDEPENDANT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That is funny Bill. A guy who gets his bogus talking points directly from the Bush WH and the McCain campaign is an independant! That is a good one.

Factcheck has a clear agenda? What ? the truth? Oh I get it, anything that goes against what Faux news says has an agenda and has this fabled "liberal bias".

OBAMA WINS
20pd0i.jpg

(projected, of course, lol)
its official.

lol now wait for chronotriggerfan to kill himself

Mccain is crying, mccains supporters are booing, hes giving a bullshit speech on racism in the past.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/04/ele...dent/index.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27531033/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States..._election,_2008

PoisonedV said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
LOL that image is awesome
also woot, no more republicunt president

nader will never win D:
ahahaha! mccain, he just fucking pulled out the "grandmother" bullshit!
so, what happens now? will palin fade by the wayside, along with mccain?
you know, the democratic nominees, whether winning or not, usually become relatively minor pop culture figures, but the republicans don't. my guess is theyll be forgotten in 4 years.
mccain's speech is taking a turn for the better.

and will goddamn, jesus christ will his supporters shut up? you lost. you are just making yourselves look like asses by chanting and booing.

you are a really shallow man with no class. You are a little man that has to go around being mean and selfish. What you have to say is nonsense. Listen to yourself. You need to shut up and get a life!!!

alterdimension said:
PoisonedV said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
LOL that image is awesome
also woot, no more republicunt president

nader will never win D:
ahahaha! mccain, he just fucking pulled out the "grandmother" bullshit!
so, what happens now? will palin fade by the wayside, along with mccain?
you know, the democratic nominees, whether winning or not, usually become relatively minor pop culture figures, but the republicans don't. my guess is theyll be forgotten in 4 years.
mccain's speech is taking a turn for the better.

and will goddamn, jesus christ will his supporters shut up? you lost. you are just making yourselves look like asses by chanting and booing.

you are a really shallow man with no class. You are a little man that has to go around being mean and selfish. What you have to say is nonsense. Listen to yourself. You need to shut up and get a life!!!

was there a point to that? sure, that was a bit stream of conciousness play by play, but I don't see how it was 'mean'
you are a little man that has to go around calling other people little... mans

Congrats, Dems. Hope my taxes don't go up. What's this about the marriage tax starting at $1 instead of at $120,000?

Your taxes will go down unless you earn more than $250K.

Contrats Obama!!!! This 8 year nightmare is over :) :) :)

hmm... mccain mentions obama and gets booed, obama does it and gets applauded?
i doubt it would be different even if obama lost

PoisonedV said:
hmm... mccain mentions obama and gets booed, obama does it and gets applauded?
i doubt it would be different even if obama lost
[23:15] iignotus: hahahah
[23:18] iignotus: oh shit
[23:18] iignotus: mccain's talking
[23:19] iignotus: what a bunch of ignorant faggots booing
[23:47] KRISPF3: lol srsly
[23:47] KRISPF3: repubs are so classless
[23:59] iignotus: obama's talking now
[23:59] iignotus: must observe god
[00:02] iignotus: see look at this
[00:02] iignotus: when obama's talking
[00:02] iignotus: his crowd cheers when mccain's name is mentioned
[00:02] iignotus: and now they're clapping when he's congratulating them
[00:02] iignotus: what a bunch of dumb calssless fucks the republicans are
[00:17] KRISPF3: i know
[00:17] KRISPF3: it's a disgrace to this nation
[00:17] KRISPF3: to have such ignorant fucking douchebags living here

seems anyone with a brain noticed that as well. I'll reiterate, how classless McCain and his supporters are.

j.pickens said:
dockthepod said:
Your taxes will go down unless you earn more than $250K.
Wanna bet on that?

Well obviously it depends on what he can do but that was his campaign tax plan.

Even if they do go up a bit I don't care. My taxes are pretty low. I live in a state without income tax (washington). I make a fair bit of money - wouldn't be shocked if mine went up a bit. I don't care. As long as my taxes don't go to retarded wars or tax cuts to oil companies I'm fine with paying more. I voted for several tax increases locally because they go to important things like public transit.

Anyhow... awesome night :)

Yay, Obama won.

Oh, and ChronoTriggerFan: Hey, I am one of the few that enjoyed Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged at the time I read it but you seem, well... a bit crazy and uneducated. But you're probably just 15 so that is OK.

FWIW, I voted for Obama.

But I'm a political agnostic, and did not choose based on idealogy or party. In all honesty, at the end of the day, I think I just like the idea of someone who speaks well being president. It's not much maybe, but after GWB's awkward meanderings, it will be a small relief at least. I just hope his prescribed policies work for the best and the economy can improve over the coming year.

And there's also something to be said for us electing a black president. It's all just symbolism of course, but it does say something about America's admirable progress from its slavery roots, and its promise for the future. We ain't done just yet.

McCain is a good man though, and I do wince a bit for not voting for him, when I consider his very real service in defense of his country. The guy deserves massive respect.

At least all the damn campaigning is over now. No more damn annoying commercials all over the place.

Back