Pyra TWO MONTHS - Now on Steam and itch.io!

So played for 3.1 hours according to Steam, greatly enjoying myself! Two questions:
1. Are the different coloured money pickups supposed to do anything different? As far as I can tell it still just gives me one money.
2. I had a crash to desktop when turning a corner and encountering two treasure chests, where is the crash log so I can upload it?

Running on up to date Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
i3 6100U @ 2.3 GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 520
Gnome 3.36.8
Wayland

So played for 3.1 hours according to Steam, greatly enjoying myself! Two questions:
1. Are the different coloured money pickups supposed to do anything different? As far as I can tell it still just gives me one money.
2. I had a crash to desktop when turning a corner and encountering two treasure chests, where is the crash log so I can upload it?

Running on up to date Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
i3 6100U @ 2.3 GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 520
Gnome 3.36.8
Wayland
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! :)
I'm really sorry you had a crash so far away from the last checkpoint. There's no crash log atm. I'll need to get Ubuntu setup here to find out what's happening. Let me know if it happens again in the same place or if you find any other problems.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! :)
I'm really sorry you had a crash so far away from the last checkpoint. There's no crash log atm. I'll need to get Ubuntu setup here to find out what's happening. Let me know if it happens again in the same place or if you find any other problems.
Well it didn't crash at the same place, but it did crash a second time, this time in the tall room with all the floors with the purple slimes at the bottom and
a mimic chest part way down near a railing
, both crashes appeared to happen when I tried to
approach a mimic chest with the guard up and lock on to it for the first time
I don't know if it will happen every time I encounter a new
mimic with guard and lock on active
but that's the only common thing I did between them. It doesn't happen on subsequent visits (so far). Thankfully I don't appear to be losing any inventory.

Just in case it matters, I'm playing with a Logitech F310 set to xinput mode. I also posess a Logitech F710 (although it has an inconsistent right trigger, which is why I have the Logitech F310) I can try switching controllers or try switching to direct input mode if you need me to test it.

I'll get that controller and do some testing with it. It would be good to know what happens to you when switch controllers and play with the settings.

How far have you gotten in the game? :)

I'll get that controller and do some testing with it. It would be good to know what happens to you when switch controllers and play with the settings.

How far have you gotten in the game? :)
Not much further than that, played a bit more after posting then died and called it a night, I'll try swapping controllers next time I play, and if all seems well I'll try them both in direct input mode next.

So, I've played some more and progressed further, I've beat Trashy and haven't had any in game crashes playing with the other controller but it did crash on start 3 times with the F710 plugged in, including after a reboot. I unplugged the controller, started the game and plugged it back in and it worked. Weird. I haven't switched back to the F310 (I realized after the fact I should have tried switching after the first few crashes, oh well, hind sight is 20/20) Will report back if I have another in game crash.

*Edit*
I also noticed the different coloured money is in fact giving different amounts, I'm just not observant I guess.

So after some more playing I had another crash this time against a bunch of enemies. I'm thinking it's not the controller but something else since these crashes seem to happen randomly.

Congrats on beating TrashyMG!

How long does it take to crash? Does it crash when idling? Are you able to consistently reproduce the crash? Is it crashing for anyone else? There are a few bugs but I've never seen a crash...

I'm afraid I've not much chance to play, so still on ban slammer ( the first boss, if I got that right)

Congrats on beating TrashyMG!

How long does it take to crash? Does it crash when idling? Are you able to consistently reproduce the crash? Is it crashing for anyone else? There are a few bugs but I've never seen a crash...
The crashes seem to be random, after about 7 hours total I've crashed 4 times (not including those unreproducible startup crashes), three to do with
Mimics
and once when I fell a floor, landed on some enemies, got knocked back and dropped another floor and landed on more enemies in a room filled with enemies and it crashed just before they could finished me off (I'm loaded with health).

*Edit*
Thank you for the congratulations! It took me a few tries but not anywhere near as many as ban slammer who taught me to dodge.

I haven't been able to reproduce any crashes but I've found a few places in my code that might be causing problems. I'll upload a new build to Steam once I'm done testing the changes.

I haven't been able to reproduce any crashes but I've found a few places in my code that might be causing problems. I'll upload a new build to Steam once I'm done testing the changes.
Awesome, looking forward to trying the new build, the game is by no means unstable but it'll be nice if the existing crashes are indeed fixed!

Just watched a little of the Russian vid. That guy started with a spare battery, and also picked up a stamina upgrade before ban slammer. My game doesn't give me them. Is it random?

Back