Eternity 6: The Waterphoenix

Looks nice! It's always good to see more updates on this game. It'll be amazing if it's anywhere near as good the artwork! B)

Started early development on the coding this weekend despite the fact that I still have a lot of artwork to do first. :lol:
First thoughts are that I'm really dying to add jumping to this as soon as possible, but for now I'm going to go back to finishing the artwork so I can really populate this without using placeholders.

Here's where I'm at so far. I've decided not to go with SDL as I'd like to have the option to keep my source proprietary, releasing it at my own leisure, so right now it's just OpenGL & GLUT. Part of the code will have to be rewritten before it works on the Pandora.

The screen capture program I use deceptively skips frames or something (SnapzPro X) so it doesn't look as smooth as it does when it's running here. So far so good. Also free in-game advertising for the Pandora :lol:

darien said:
Started early development on the coding this weekend despite the fact that I still have a lot of artwork to do first. :lol:
First thoughts are that I'm really dying to add jumping to this as soon as possible, but for now I'm going to go back to finishing the artwork so I can really populate this without using placeholders.

Here's where I'm at so far. I've decided not to go with SDL as I'd like to have the option to keep my source proprietary, releasing it at my own leisure, so right now it's just OpenGL & GLUT. Part of the code will have to be rewritten before it works on the Pandora.

The screen capture program I use deceptively skips frames or something (SnapzPro X) so it doesn't look as smooth as it does when it's running here. So far so good. Also free in-game advertising for the Pandora :lol:

That looks ace! Anything with Zombies in get's my vote!

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Very nice Graphics, is everyting 24bpp? I don't know how well the Pandora can handle large graphics so maybe good old 256 Colour 8bpp Tiles to be onto the "Save side"?
a) The Pandora has 256MB of memory, most of which will be available for use as texture/graphics memory.
B) Graphics already drawn in truecolour will look horrible converted down to 8bpp.
c) I don't think that GL even supports 8bpp textures, and if it does then I doubt that functionality would be availible in GL|ES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back