Translations Thread

mali

-
Website
Visit site
EvilDragon said:
Soo, paar Infos mehr von mir (ich war leider in letzter Zeit auch unterversorgt - Craig hatte neben den Bankproblemen noch Probleme mit einer schweren Krankheit in seiner Familie, deswegen konnte er sich auch nicht viel kümmern, jetzt ist er aber momentan wieder da).

1. 20 Boards sind fertig und bei Entwicklern (oder auf dem Weg dorthin)
2. Von der Tastatur und dem Gehäuse sind vor ein paar Tagen endlich die Prototypen in Auftrag gegeben.
3. Der Bankenkrampf (der leider aufgrund der Finanzkrise entstanden ist - bei dem vielen Geld auf einmal hatte Craigs Bank Angst und hat erstmal sein Konto gesperrt) ist noch nicht ganz vorbei, nähert sich aber dem Ende. Meine Banken waren brav.
4. WLAN und Bluetooth werden getestet, sobald Gehäuse fertig da ist :) Treiber existieren inzwischen für fast alles :)
5. Kernel hat einen GIT. Wer Interesse hat: git://openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git . Im Moment den pandora-27-omap1 branch verwenden, wird bald aktueller.
6. Durch die Krankheit, die Banken und weiterer kleine Probleme (wir sind technisch so neu, dass die Fabriken erst noch besser in der Massenproduktion werden müssen), gibt es leider weitere Verzögerungen. Die Produktion lief zwar neben dem Bankenkrampf weiter, aber da Craig die Rechnungen nicht zahlen konnte, musste ich das machen - er hätte ein USD-Konto gehabt, ich nur ein EUR-Konto, da dauern Überweisungen ein paar Tage länger. Auch der neue Speicher verzögert sich. Aber keine Sorge: Wir sind auf dem richtigen Weg!

Ach ja: Die Shirts sollten jeden Tag eintreffen. Zugesicherter Termin der Firma war der 14. November... soviel zum Thema: Ja, Lieferanten heutzutage halten sich an Liefertermine. Zum Kotzen.

Rough Translation said:
So, a few infos from my side(I was underserved recently - Besides from the trouble with the banks, Craig has got a case of severe illness in his family, so he couldn't care much recently, but he is back at the moment)
1. 20 boards are finished and have been delivered to some devs(or are on the way to them)
2. The prototypes of the keypads and cases have been finally ordered a few days ago.
3. The bank issue(raised because of the financial crisis - Craig's bank got the jitters because of the huge amount of money in a short time and locked his account) isn't over completely, but is nearing its end. My banks didn't make problems.
4. Wifi and Bluetooth will be testet when the cases are here. Drivers exist for nearly everything.
5. The kernel has got a GIT. For those, who are interested: git://openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git At the moment pandora-27-omap1 branch is used but it will be more up to date, soon.
6. Unfortunately, because of the illness, the banks and some minor problems(we are so cutting-edge, that the facilities have to improve for mass production) there are more delays. The production continued besides the bank issue, but Craig wasn't able to pay the bills, so I had to do it - he has got an USD account, I've only got an EUR account, so the transfers take a few days longer. The new RAM is delayed, too. But don't worry, we are on the right track!

------------------------------------------------
Update Nov 22 17:40 (please read through and correct mistakes)

EvilDragon said:
Also, es ist wirklich deutlich komplizierter geworden, als wir alle gedacht hätten. Aber alles, was wir der Reihe nach probiert haben, hat wunderbar geklappt.
Die größten Verzögerungen führe ich übrigens auf die Wirtschaftskrise zurück - denn seitdem sind alle Hersteller und Lieferanten sehr vorsichtig geworden und haben deutlich die Produktion zurückgefahren. Dafür bleibt leider auch weniger für uns übrig.
Leider waren die dermassen großen Auswirkungen der Finanzkrise zur Vorbestellzeit noch nicht abzusehen.
Hätten alle Lieferanten und Hersteller sowie die Banken nicht alle auf einmal Angst gehabt, hätte die komplette Produktion bis Ende November funktioniert.
Dadurch, dass alle auf einmal auf Geld gewartet haben und sämtliche Bankgeschäfte länger als normal gedauert haben, wurden die Prototyen und die Boards einfach nur später fertig...

Aber keine Sorge: Es geht bei uns weiterhin schrittweise voran. Wir haben eigentlich noch keinen Rückschlag aufgrund von Fehlern im Design oder der Hardware erhalten.
Alles funktioniert soweit gut :)
Und jetzt, wo wir mehr Geräte und Devs haben, kann ich mich mit diesen auch gut um die Firmware kümmern :)

Rough Translation said:
Well, everything got more complicated than we'd have thought. But everything we tried one by one, worked out beautifully.
I trace the biggest delays back on the financial crisis - because all manufacturers and suppliers were very careful and decreased production significantly, since then. Unfortunately less is left over for us, too.
Unfortunately,those heavy effects of the financial crises weren't predictable in the pre-order time.
If all the suppliers, manufacturers and banks hadn't been frightened at once, the complete production would have worked out till end of november.
Simply because everyone had to wait for payment and bank affairs took longer than expected, the prototypes and boards were delayed.
But don't worry. We keep on moving step by step. We didn't experience set-backs because of faulty design or hardware.
Everything works so far.
And now, that we have more devices and devs, I can concentrate on the firmware together with them.
Evil Dragon said:
")
Just a quick correction (there has been a small misunderstanding between me and Michael):
WiFi is NOT yet working. It's the only thing that needs to be done regarding drivers.
The misunderstanding was when Michael told me he only needs the Antenna to test the WiFi / Bluetooth chip... I assumed that WiFi was working.
However, only Bluetooth was - but it's the same chip and they share the same antenna
So, the only driver to go is WiFi... and I'm sure we'll see it working soon
-----------------------------------
Update Nov 24 10:46 [Original post]

Another bluetooth-pic:
pan_Bluetooth.jpg

EvilDragon said:
"grond":So nah, wie das BT-Modul am Handy liegt, ist das höchstens ein Beweis, dass die Übertragung per kapazitiver Kopplung klappt... :D
"ED":;) Okay, MWeston hat daheim den Test gemacht - von einem ins andere Zimmer. 5m mit Wand :)
Geht.

Rough Translation said:
"grond":The mobile phone is placed so near to the BT-module, that it is just a proof that capacitive coupling works.
"ED":MWeston did a bluetooth test at home - from one room to an other room. 5m plus wall :)
Works.

[Original post]
Es war tatsächlich so: Der Hersteller hat zuerst 600 LCDs versprochen, die er auf 640 erhöht hat und die wir bezahlt haben (daher von Craig ja die Aussage, dass wir soviel haben... wenn man das zahlt, geht man ja von aus ;))
Geliefert hat er dann tatsächlich erst 400... grandios, oder? :)

The manufacturer promised 600 LCDs, raised the amount to 640 and we payed them(so Craig said we had that many... if you pay them, you think you get them, of course ;) ) But the manufacturer only delivered 400, so far. That's great, isn't it? ;)
-----------------------------------
[Other important stuff for reference]

Refund/reorder data collected by TaG:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry665751

Open Source Games List made by ricki:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43625

Pandora Video Vault:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=45079&st=0

List of (community-)devs with devboard:
wesbrown18
skeezix
Cpasjuste

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear some news!
Not as good as i wanted, but news anyway, i dont understand why he doesnt send a newsletter with these kind of things more often

Thanks Mali for the post and translation. Was that on the German board or somewhere?

A good update from ED - I hope he posts stuff here too.

I'm not sure who is ill but our thoughts are with you Craig.

On to the Pandora bit, I'm not too keen on the sound of this bit:
"2. The prototypes of the keypads and cases have been finally ordered a few days ago."
Sounds like a way to go yet. I guess we need to go back in to chill mode and hope they can soon give us a idea of how long they need to get everything sorted.

Not a grammar nazi, but since you fancy yourself a translator, let me help you fix some issues:

Rough Translation said:
Craig has got a case of severe illness in his family besides the bank issue
That makes it soud as if the bank issue were a severe illness in craig's family. I'd write:
"Besides from the trouble with the banks, craig has got a case of severe illness in his family."
Rough Translation said:
Drivers exist nearly for everything.
Should be: "Drivers exist for nearly everything"
Rough Translation said:
6. Unfortunately, because of the illness, the banks and some minor problems(we are technically that advanced so cutting-edge, that the facilities have to improve for the mass production) there are more delays unfortunately. The production continued besides the bank issue, but Craig wasn't able to pay the bills, so I had to do it - he has got an USD account, I've only got an EUR account, so the transfers take a few days longer there. The new RAM delays is delayed, too. But don't worry, we are on the right track!
fixed.

EDIT: Crap. What's wrong with the quotes? (There was one too many '/quote' tags - Squidge)
EDIT2: Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like a goldmine of updates, compared to those that were hitting these boards. Thanks mali and Fishbong for the information and translations, now I know to put my focus elsewhere to better help with getting through these delays a bit better.

Woo. News!

Thanks Mali, and EvilDragon.

2. The prototypes of the keypads and cases have been finally ordered a few days ago.

Ooo! Ooo! I bet we'll get photographs of a 'finished' Pandora coming up soon!

Just a quick correction (there has been a small misunderstanding between me and Michael):
WiFi is NOT yet working. It's the only thing that needs to be done regarding drivers.
The misunderstanding was when Michael told me he only needs the Antenna to test the WiFi / Bluetooth chip... I assumed that WiFi was working.
However, only Bluetooth was - but it's the same chip and they share the same antenna :)

So, the only driver to go is WiFi... and I'm sure we'll see it working soon :D

Update:
Contradicting numbers of LCDs explained(640 vs 400).
Unfortunately quoting is broken.

Back