Tracking Point - Linux powered riffle

FZERO said:
Tracking Point - Linux powered riffle
Wikipedia said:
A Riffle is a short, relatively shallow and coarse-bedded length of stream over which the stream flows at higher velocity and higher turbulence than it normally does in comparison to a pool.
Wow! Linux really can run on anything. ;)

afk, getting coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogue%20Trooper%20Cover%20-%20Judge%20Dredd.jpg

"He's the most feared man on nu-earth" because he shoots to the side while looking forwards. That's not very safe.

Also his leaning running style means he might kick you if you are trying to run beside him (assuming he hasn't already accidentally shot you in the head).

He doesn't need to look where he shoots eh, Gunner can take care of that 

Running on a riffle could solve both power (hydroelectric) and cooling (water cooled). Not very portable though.
It might, of course, be potable, as anyone who's done secondary school french will tell you :p

Imagine a beowulf cluster of self-aiming linux rifles! Not a single intact window in sight.

He doesn't need to look where he shoots eh, Gunner can take care of that 
I can imagine Gunnar being able to shoot, but can he aim? Does he have control of rogue's arms?

I guess it's better being stuck as a talking gun instead of what happened to the other guys, a talking backpack and a talking helmet. :)

Running on a riffle could solve both power (hydroelectric) and cooling (water cooled). Not very portable though.
It might, of course, be potable, as anyone who's done secondary school french will tell you :p
It's been a while since I did french at high school, but I'm pretty sure we weren't taught how to tell if water is safe to drink. We mainly learnt french.

Huzzar for Linux powered by potable riffles!

Do think this thread has got off-topic?

I guess it went off track because the first post wasn't about shallow streams, but some gun thing.

:)

Since this gun seems to be intended mainly for hunting, it seems a bit of a cheat.

I could understand the advantage for police or military, and the basic stuff like inclination could be ok for hunters, but a hunter who wants or needs full motion tracking and trigger control is a bit of a loser.

As a hunter I have 2 things to say : 1 yeah it " saves money " by allowing you to use less ammo . NOT . 2 Try too go hunting in freezing tempatures or dropping it on the scope .

I ain't even that big of a hunter . Besides honestly they WOULD have a much better chance selling it to a military .

unlike what they show this is clearly intended for military. it's clearly an excuse to make it look "more acceptable" exactly like all the people saying that they need an AK47 to hunt...

Well here , in Oregon as long as it has a maximum capacity of 4 rounds ( the clip/magazine ) you can use it to hunt it CANNOT be fully auto and it has to be a rifle for the season I hunt . But trust me you might as well throw rocks at a deer than use ak47 to hunt . The ak47 is extremely inaccurate . I fired over 30 rounds through a ak47 once at a target less than 150 yards - and hit it twice . But I agree that they will sell more to the military market than ever to the civilian . Besides this now this gives anyone who buys one - without any practice mind you - to snipe any official they want .

Well here , in Oregon as long as it has a maximum capacity of 4 rounds ( the clip/magazine ) you can use it to hunt it CANNOT be fully auto and it has to be a rifle for the season I hunt . But trust me you might as well throw rocks at a deer than use ak47 to hunt . The ak47 is extremely inaccurate . I fired over 30 rounds through a ak47 once at a target less than 150 yards - and hit it twice . But I agree that they will sell more to the military market than ever to the civilian . Besides this now this gives anyone who buys one - without any practice mind you - to snipe any official they want .
Really? Those AK-47 things are so inaccurate? No wonder these gangs and drug dealers always end up shooting tray bullets into the wrong people instead of there targets in the black neighborhoods.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

I mean inaccurate compared to other guns . As in inaccurate enough to be worthless for hunting .

And for some reason using the term " black neighborhoods " seems a little racial , and strerotyped .

Back