Pandora Tincs - Multiplayer Shooter For Pandora (video)

Butterman said:
Awesome man. Do you reckon you could send me a copy, so I can get it ingame?
Sure, just need an email address. What format would you like it in? Oh, also its not modeled to any scale, so you will have to resize it...

Last edited by a moderator:
FlippantBird said:
Butterman said:
Awesome man. Do you reckon you could send me a copy, so I can get it ingame?
Sure, just need an email address. What format would you like it in? Oh, also its not modeled to any scale, so you will have to resize it...

That's fine, I handle all scaling in game anyway. If you can manage to get it into MD2 with a .PCX texture file, that would be great, but it seems MD2 can handle only one texture for the whole mesh. If not, anything is fine, .blend, .3ds, .max, whatever, I've got all of the modeling packages from work, I can open them all.

My email is "jack(at)sorok.co.uk"

Bleh. I've moved over to Linux and I'm having some problems. All of a sudden, models aren't loading, input isn't getting taken and the screen only renders once. Any ideas?

2py5i0p.png

Make sure you've got all of the development libraries installed and they're all being included in the compilation? If you're not used to Makefiles, things can be a bit tricky.

Vorporeal said:
Make sure you've got all of the development libraries installed and they're all being included in the compilation? If you're not used to Makefiles, things can be a bit tricky.
Surely it just wouldn't compile if I wasn't linking everything? Either way : " -o Bin/TINCS -lSDL -lSDL_net -lGL -lGLU -lSDL_ttf" is the end of my makefile

im modeling a low poly rocket launcher :p i will post pics soon ( this week )
How big may the textures be ? 256x256? or 512x512?

As big as you want for the textures. If you want to play around with different art styles you like, that's great! The more choice of art styles we give the community the better!

I'm probably going to move over to COLLADA this week, it's got shader and ES support out of the box, lots of good libraries for importing the files, and every modeling program can export to it.

That's my checklist for this week:

-Sort out queer server crap
-COLLADA
-Friday/PARTAY

FlippantBird said:
I have made a gun in the style I like :D
fvl1qe.jpg

347iow7.jpg

425 tris, 256x256 diffuse
Woah. This would totaly fit the gamestyle I'd like to see. Some kind of near to comic, but real enough to be taken serious. I'd also like this with the following addition to the gameplay. I assume that it needs more than just one hit with a bullet to die. But wouldn't it be cool to kill with one stroke of the Blade if near enough to the player? Like pushing the melee-weapon button and boom, you're dead. Maybe we could even let the dead players walk on for five secs or so, that they can take revenge for their death ;-)

Added the Italic piece to the Wiki

It would be interesting to be able to inflict mortal damage, but let the nearly dead player get in a last couple of shots as they're dying. (Visually impaired maybe?)

FlippantBird said:
I have made a gun in the style I like :D
fvl1qe.jpg

347iow7.jpg

425 tris, 256x256 diffuse

Very nice, I also think this style would be a very good direction. I'm guessing secondary fire is for zooming and melee is for bayonet?

whats the difference between triangles and poligons? i know triagles have 3 verteces and poligons 4... But is there some special use for both?

"Polygon" means something like "multiple corners". It's a shape with multiple corners, be it a triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon etc. So a triangle is a polygon, but a polygon is not necessarily a triangle.
400px-Assorted_polygons.svg.png

Ok :) learned some thing, Thanks.
back on topic, ill post an update of my BFG tomorrow or .. later :p

porygon.gif

PORYGON WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY

On a more serious note, I've deleted my rendering code, not by mistake, by but design. I plan to re-write it, I hated how it worked before. I need to brush up on my 3D shizzle, I really need a better understanding of shaders and just general OGL stuff, so I'm going to spend this week going over a few NeHe's tutorials I skipped back in the day.

Thanks for all the work you guys have been doing on the Jottit page, some really good ideas up there!

I'm working on my own MD3 loader, I've chosen MD3 because every format I can find isn't made for games, they all require lots of pre-calculation in the program. MD3 quite simply uses animation frames. MD3 will be fast. My only concern is how easy it is to export MD3 models. Could you guys give exporting then importing a try? Maybe make some crappy animations, like the gun moving up and down, see if they're kept when you import/export? I know milkshape has MD3 built in, but you might have to find exporters for the other programs, I know they exist. But I'm too busy to bring up a link.

'Chaosstorm' said:
Ok.. i made some thing too, still needs more detail / better texture's
vertices BFG:331
Verteces Rocket:85
I think a really unrealistic Comic Style would be great, here I had made a quick sketch with Blender, a RPG far away from realistic:
rpgidee1cm0.jpg

Patended 4x magazine and recoil shock-absorbers...useless for a RPG but funny. :D

rpgideeuh4.jpg

It is not a usable model because I just throwed some loose shapes together but someone with more talent could do a nice, smooth Model inspired from my sketch. :) I can imagine a Texture style like in FlippantBird's render, I have no real Texturing skills to do this.

All these weapon look great, Butterman seems like a capable dev; this could be the first big Pandora multiplayer game for certain! Looking forward to it very much

Back