Caanoo / WIZ Tincs, For Wiz?

Butterman

Gief Pandara
Website
Visit site
Greetings.

I come from a land far to the north. Where we dream about the Pandora :pandora1: , rather than the Wiz. :gp2x

I'm working on a multiplayer first person shooter for the Panda. I've got the boring stuff out the way, like networking, model formats, animation. Right now I'm having fun with shaders.

Latest: CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkJHFII3FE

I'm more than willing to port this to the Wiz, graphics will (are already) be configurable, as Windows/Linux builds are working along side the Pandora ones, so that's not a problem. The only possible holdback is the 3d accelerator which I can get no information on. I have one question. Opengl ES 2.0? If it dosen't support it, this is a no go. If it does, I will add the Wiz to my list of platforms. I'm willing to work against any other problems I encounter on it but the OGL ES 2.0 is a show stopper.

Our thread is here: CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46487

We're currently voting on a backstory (deadline is tonight) here : CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47092

Next comes a shiny new name for the game, TINCS is pants!If we do have OGL ES 2.0, consider this the TINCS Wiz thread. If not, let it die. That said, it's possible to take out all of the shaders for the Wiz version and just used fixed function stuff, but that's going to require a serious deviation. It could happen depending on what support I get here.

- Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame, really it is :(.

I like your attitude :), there are a number of homebrew projects going on in the Pandora dev section which are just begging to be ported over to the Wiz/developed in unison. Most would run just fine.
The Wiz's current homebrew needs more activity, and I think taking existing projects from the Pandora would make it happen (with the original dev's permission or whatever).

I hope others follow what you just started (looks like this particular one isn't going to happen ;))

'fishybawb' said:
Also, TINCS is multiplayer only, is it not?
Oh?

I see, you don't have any real online capabilities on the Wizz. Damn. The lack of ES 2.0 is bypassable, but no multiplayer capabilities make it really pointless.

Shame, really it is sad.gif.

I like your attitude smile.gif, there are a number of homebrew projects going on in the Pandora dev section which are just begging to be ported over to the Wiz/developed in unison. Most would run just fine.
The Wiz's current homebrew needs more activity, and I think taking existing projects from the Pandora would make it happen (with the original dev's permission or whatever).

I hope others follow what you just started (looks like this particular one isn't going to happen wink.gif)

I totally agree. That said, I think in a lot of cases it wont even require a re-compile for ES 1.1/SDL apps.

Back