Tincs - First Server Test (07/02/09) 9pm - 11pm Gmt

Butterman

Gief Pandara
Website
Visit site
UPDATE

Unfortunately the server test cannot take place this weekend and is rescheduled to next weekend.

If you still want to take part, email me at "jack(at)sorok.co.uk" and i can give you more details closer to the date.

Hey.

TINCS is running its first server test tomorrow, (Saturday), from 9PM to 11PM GMT time, I will be testing the capabilities of the current server implementation. We will be shooting each other (hopefully), death match style.

I'm looking for 10 good guys (or girls), to take part. It should be noted, that if you suffer from motion sickness, or any other condition of the such, it's probably best you don't take part, the large grid that forms the floor can get very stressing on the eyes. While, I will try not to put a minimum requirement on your PC, you should have a graphics card and CPU that were released this century. The lowest hardware I've tested it on is a 2.0 GHZ P4 with a 5700LE, it ran o.k. But that was before recent networking optimizations. I will send you relevant details. If I get lots of requests to take part, I can run more than one shift of players, to a maximum of 3 shifts (10 * 3 = 30 players).

If you want to take part, email me on "jack(at)sorok.co.uk".

If you haven't been following TINCS, here is a quick screenshot of a private server test.

107kfhi.jpg

And here is the development thread.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46487

EDIT: This test is Windows only. I've tested TINCS on XP and Vista (x64 works fine).

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
eh it might be fun to try! I'll try to be there at 9gmt

That's 4 PM EST isn't it?
Yes. That's 16:00 hours EST. If you're unsure if you can take part, it's best if you don't. If you're certain, email me at nutterman99(at)hotmail.com

Butterman said:
EDIT: This test is Windows only. I've tested TINCS on XP and Vista (x64 works fine).

Damn, running linux...

shadow.8 said:
Butterman said:

Damn, running linux...
Sorry. I don't have time to boot into Linux and compile/test. Next server test will be multi-platform. I'm behind already.

That said, I can't believe you don't have a Windows box somewhere?

Damn, running linux...

+1 :(

Sorry. I don't have time to boot into Linux and compile/test. Next server test will be multi-platform. I'm behind already.

That said, I can't believe you don't have a Windows box somewhere?

A what ? :p

I can probably be there - have you released a binary for it yet? - I can't seem to find a released one anywhere.

Count me in - used to be an avid CS'er back in the days.

ThantiK said:
I can probably be there - have you released a binary for it yet? - I can't seem to find a released one anywhere.

Slam me an email at nutterman99(at)hotmail.com

Binaries will be released on the night.

Butterman said:
ThantiK said:

Slam me an email at nutterman99(at)hotmail.com

Binaries will be released on the night.

You and you international dates - I saw 07/02/09 and got majorly confused ;) - threw an email your way :ph34r:

atomicthumbs said:
I'll take part, because this is a cool project (and I'm really good at FPSs).
So send me an email?

I'm beginning to think nobody is actually reading the whole post :/

Butterman said:
atomicthumbs said:
I'll take part, because this is a cool project (and I'm really good at FPSs).
So send me an email?

I'm beginning to think nobody is actually reading the whole post :/

I misunderstood your post, I thought you said to send an email if your computer was below hardware requirements.

I misunderstood your post, I thought you said to send an email if your computer was below hardware requirements.

Ah, I understand how it could be confusing. My bad. :p

Butterman said:

Ah, I understand how it could be confusing. My bad. :p

English isn't my first language anyway >:p

Eternalodyssey said:
Dang it! I'm only running Linux lately and my dual boot Laptop is loaned out at the moment. I don't know if I will get it back in time. I'll prolly be up for a future test run though.
It's become obvious that a large portion of users on this forum only have access to Linux computers. While the move of development to Linux was inevitable, (I can easily cross-compile to all of my target platforms with one script file on Linux), it looks like I'm going to have to make the move before my next public test.

Hoping that I'm pointing out the obvious, but has anyone thought to try running it via Wine?

WizardStan said:
Hoping that I'm pointing out the obvious, but has anyone thought to try running it via Wine?
From past experience, VS 08 compiled stuff never works in Wine.

Back