Pandora Tincs - Multiplayer Shooter For Pandora (video)

I think I'm happy with Human Condition. I'm bored of looking for a name.

Worked at two football stadiums today, Arsenal Emirates and Wembley Stadium, both are fucking stunning (wembley moreso, in pictures it looks normal, but when you see it it's much different, much more vertical not as stretched from the bottom, it feels like you're looking up at a skyscraper), but I'm now very, very tired. I've done some small fixups before I implement some maths later on, like, I was using radians for yaw and degrees for pitch, that was silly. Now I'm using degrees for both, cuz that's what OGL likes.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Butterman' said:

Worked at two football stadiums today, Arsenal Emirates and Wembley Stadium, both are fucking stunning (wembley moreso, in pictures it looks normal, but when you see it it's much different, much more vertical not as stretched from the bottom, it feels like you're looking up at a skyscraper), but I'm now very, very tired. I've done some small fixups before I implement some maths later on, like, I was using radians for yaw and degrees for pitch, that was silly. Now I'm using degrees for both, cuz that's what OGL likes.
Choose whatever name you like, its YOUR game. I have respect for your coding skills. Ive started learning C++ 2 days ago using learncpp.com and its really really hard (especially arithemetic, random numbers and selection sort (or what ever those things are called)

Keep up the good work!

'Butterman' said:
CODE

int randomNumberFromOneToTen = rand() % 10;
Eh?

Wouldn't that be a random number from 0 to 9? Or am I too used to Java...

You're correct, but it still spans the same number of values.

Also, never use rand(). It's very bias to low values, it has seriously effected a few number of projects I've worked on, I wrote my own and it makes a huge difference. Huge difference.

I think somewhere in the C/C++ std libraries there's a much better random number generator, you just have to look for it.

'Vorporeal' said:
I think somewhere in the C/C++ std libraries there's a much better random number generator, you just have to look for it.
I've never come across it, but I do know that using modulus in the first place is bad.

Anyway, my ray->bounding box isn't working, I'm going to have to find a way to do it that I didn't make up in 30 seconds. xD

You gave up on writing your own engine? Too bad.

You're sure though that Ogre3D will be ported to the Pandora?

Hey, been on the pandora forums for a while, Just saw this thread and this project looks very very promising. I'm not sure if a name has been chosen yet, but I have one. 'Chronic Retaliation', it partly relates to the mafia theme that Mr. Butterman is going for. How a simple attack results in retaliations back and forth, hence, Chronic Retaliation. Tell me what you guys think about it. :)
Thanks for reading.

'Vorporeal' said:
You gave up on writing your own engine? Too bad.

You're sure though that Ogre3D will be ported to the Pandora?
An OpenGL ES renderer is already part of the SVN. You're going to be seeing some sexy stuff in a few weeks time.

'Amit' said:
Hey, been on the pandora forums for a while, Just saw this thread and this project looks very very promising. I'm not sure if a name has been chosen yet, but I have one. 'Chronic Retaliation', it partly relates to the mafia theme that Mr. Butterman is going for. How a simple attack results in retaliations back and forth, hence, Chronic Retaliation. Tell me what you guys think about it. :)
Thanks for reading.
Amit, you're about 2 weeks too late. We've already chosen a name, but we're keeping quiet for a while until we've got some good shit to show you guys.

'Butterman' said:
Amit, you're about 2 weeks too late. We've already chosen a name, but we're keeping quiet for a while until we've got some good shit to show you guys.
Didn`t you already admit to chosing "Human Condition"?
'Butterman' said:
Your sig points to your website: Black Aurora - My Personal Site
CODE
www.blackaurora.com

In which the product page indicates:

Human Condition

I'm currently working on a singleplayer & multiplayer first person shooter for the Pandora, Windows, Linux and Mac platforms. It uses OpenGL (OpenGL ES 2.0 on the Pandora) and SDL.
Human Condition now has its own page here.

and then links to its page:
CODE
humancondition.blackaurora.com

Which you`ve already put the time in to create a graphic for it (with what looks like a matrix style background in white). Interesting that you`re not hosting it yourself, must save bandwidth.:
CODE
i39.tinypic.com/veopah.png

When you posted earlier, it must have already been chosen, and you were testing the waters:
'Butterman' said:
What do you guys think of "Human Condition" as a name? It ties in very well with the backstory.
Edit:
It doesn`t seem to be a secret.
Doesn`t seem to be kept "quiet" (how did I know I was going to be nitpicked over semantics <_< :p )

Nice. I never said it was secret, just that we wanted to have the site done all pretty and some more to show to with the name. But yeah, whatever.

I've compiled OGRE 3D from trunk with OGLES, I didn't realise how little actually worked in ES 1.1. I'm re-thinking OGRE 3D now.

Might work on that Homeworld port.

'Butterman' said:
Nice. I never said it was secret, just that we wanted to have the site done all pretty and some more to show to with the name. But yeah, whatever.
Aw, don`t be mad, you already told us the name... right on the page before this one. If you wanted it quiet, not having it on your site and linking to your site would be a start. I didn`t out the name, you already outed it. I was just browsing your site for kicks and saw the page. Hence why I thought your post was odd. Anyway, fixed my post.
Is it true that Homeworld 2 uses engine the same engine as Homeworld 1?

I've no idea. But I know that Homeworld 2 uses its own scripting system and Homeworld 1 dosen't. Maybe 2 is based off 1.

'Butterman' said:

I've compiled OGRE 3D from trunk with OGLES, I didn't realise how little actually worked in ES 1.1. I'm re-thinking OGRE 3D now.

this is what i couldnt understand, (i didnt want to bring it up earlier as i didnt want to question it)

but if i was making a game i go for collision first graphic second network last
was it the collision which put you off using your own engine, also i never saw much of a need for a whole custom engine, your always going what to customise some part of it

Back