Pandora Tincs - Multiplayer Shooter For Pandora (video)

The game sounds great!Good luck porting...(The 3d engine).If you need anything(Models or something) just pm me.I've been pretty busy so I haven't been working on much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure think madhatter.

It's exam season now, so don't expect much done from me. I don't think I'm going to have much of a life for the next few weeks, with work and study in the way. Should be back to full speed in about a month or two. Probably will have my panda by then.

'Butterman' said:
Sure think madhatter.

It's exam season now, so don't expect much done from me. I don't think I'm going to have much of a life for the next few weeks, with work and study in the way. Should be back to full speed in about a month or two. Probably will have my panda by then.
+1

Happy to see the forums back. My last exam is in about 18 days, from then on I'm going to have a lot of free time. I'm working on a commercial project at the moment, which should hopefully be done within a month.

Also, I've lost my backup disc that I used when moving to Windows 7. It contains some important TINCS code, but I'm sure I'll find it. When I get back, I'm going to re-write the client with an engine. The server backend is very much finished and all that needs to be added is communication with the master server and a few other little things.

EDIT: Oh wow, everything works now, this is brilliant.

I know it won't solve your GLES 2.0 engine problem, but you might want to now that irrlicht is now working great on the pandora.

Oh sh*t, I was hoping to have this game in my Pandora...

Actually, I was wanting to make a little mod of it based on the Team Fortress concepts ><

Now I think I'll have to look somewhere else =/

Ergh, this thread is like 6 months old. Why would you bump it up?

I kid, I kid. Gruso is pretty correct, I've got tired of waiting for this bloody thing the Pandora and have had more pressing projects and real life stuff to do.

That's not to say it's dead. It's very much alive. I'll be making the switch to a 3d engine (maybe irrlicht, i fucking love irrlicht) around the time I get my Pandora and I'll start coding again, simple as that!

I haven't been on this forum since the apostrophe problem :D

Good news :)

Irrlicht is excellent, I agree. And with BSP support built in it's custom made for you.

I'd be interested in how you're going to do online play, as you're a bit of an expert in this area.

Unfathomable Depths said:

Irrlicht is excellent, I agree. And with BSP support built in it's custom made for you.

I'd be interested in how you're going to do online play, as you're a bit of an expert in this area.
What happened to TinXL/POND? :p

dflemstr said:
Unfathomable Depths said:

What happened to TinXL/POND? :p

I was wondering if Butters was going to roll his own or use something like RakNet?

While I'm not going to commit to anything technical yet, I will say that I really want persistent multiplayer. I'm not sure what form this will take, but I want every round of human condition played to count towards something. XP, weapons, I don't know. That'll have to be decided later on, but it's a major goal of this project.

Back