There Will Be 2 Consoles Xgp And Gpx2

shinneri posted on Jul 20 2005 at 04:27 AM said:
Do you know anything of the other console, polooo?

Was my summary correct?

I'm as confused as you are now.

Seems like Holdings developed and manufactured BLU all by themself.

When has this seperation happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Gamepark English site says this...

2004 Establishment of Gamepark Holdings,
Release GP32 BLU Europe,
Conclusion of contract with Samsung electronics use of 3D game phone,Little Wizard

So it appears whatever happened happened on or near the BLU European launch? Maybe Holdings was in charge of BLU production?

I'm doing search on gipigizi forum and there is word on seperation but no word on why

Edit: Shinneri's summary and craigix's statement seems to be true.

While GamePark gets to keep their name, GamePark Holdings seems to be developing GP2 on their own, just under different name.

Anyways, this is all too puzzling...

Cheers.

I see no problem with the screen, since it is 4", letterboxing a 320x240-ish image ends up with a picture the size of our current screen :D

schaap2005 posted on Jul 20 2005 at 05:18 AM said:
I want a touchscreen!

Then buy a PDA.

Blah posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:13 AM said:
I see no problem with the screen, since it is 4", letterboxing a 320x240-ish image ends up with a picture the size of our current screen :D

No that is wrong. The new screen is 272 pixels high VS 240. Also I have both a PSP and A GP32 so I can compare both. This new screen is exact dimensions/resolution of the PSP. The PSP screen is actually slightly smaller in the vertical direction, but wider. Plus the pixels are smaller. So when you display a emu on it like MD for example it *is* quite a bit smaller. If you scale it to fill it looks horrible. This new screen dimension it shit for emulation, good for movies. It sounds like they are going for some hoaky media player for this thing (like there aren't enough portable movie players out there :rolleyes: ).

Now this is more what I would have hoped for for the new GP32. Slightly larger 320 x 240 4:3 screen. Enough buttons for SNES. The start/select buttons are near the joystick and are hard like the "A" "B" buttons so they can be used for fire buttons when in vertical mode as shown. Faster CPU, SD card, done.

GP32II.jpg

You move back that select button, mister!
With its current position it works great as an extra action button (like C button on DrMD).

Blah posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:27 AM said:
You move back that select button, mister!
With its current position it works great as an extra action button (like C button on DrMD).

Ever see a SNES controller? Hmmmm? And why do you think there are now *4* buttons over there instead of 3? 5 won't do any good. Plus many vertical games need 2 buttons anyway.

Doesn't matter as they are making some PSP clone anyway with a lousy 16:9 screen.

Buttons on the same side of the d-stick/pad/whatever cant be used too well, so it is only suited for things like start. And its better than a DS clone anyway.

Blah posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:34 AM said:
Buttons on the same side of the d-stick/pad/whatever cant be used too well, so it is only suited for things like start. And its better than a DS clone anyway.

There aren't enough room for more than 4 without making the system too big though. This would be perfect for every emulated system especially SNES, and work well for vertical MAME games.

shinneri posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:40 AM said:
I want a new design.. not some GP32 rehash design.

But yeah, Dave's right. The current GP32 screen is just right for emulation.

A new design just for the sake of it? Why? If it works well, why come up with something uncomfortable to play on just because it is "something new". And it doesn't have to look EXACTLY like that but should be the same general layout. there are only so many things it could be. It could be like that, a PSP widescreen layout, original Gameboy vertical oriented, or a DS style clam which would make playing MAME games like shown nearly impossible. This one it still the best.

Well, I'm not saying a great departure or anything, just so it looks different enough to be distinctive and look "new," you know?

No drastic changes like a clamshell SP/DS or super-wide like the PSP.

Wouldn't it be cool if it were more like the Wonderswan? Then vertical and horizontal would be covered easy. :)

I'm having difficult time rapidly tapping the same direction on GP32's directional stick.

I say it's time to move to D-pad. less moving parts, better for logevity.

DaveC posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:20 AM said:
No that is wrong. The new screen is 272 pixels high VS 240. Also I have both a PSP and A GP32 so I can compare both. This new screen is exact dimensions/resolution of the PSP. The PSP screen is actually slightly smaller in the vertical direction, but wider. Plus the pixels are smaller. So when you display a emu on it like MD for example it *is* quite a bit smaller. If you scale it to fill it looks horrible. This new screen dimension it shit for emulation, good for movies. It sounds like they are going for some hoaky media player for this thing (like there aren't enough portable movie players out there :rolleyes: ).
There are 2 different successors to the GP32 being made, one has the PSP-style screen and the other likely has the old-style GP32 screen (that's the one that craigix is involved with). Haven't I said this already? <_<

Back