The Ur-Quan Masters 0.7.0-Rc2

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I think a port would be nice. This new release fixes a number of bugs and adds back in some dialogue from the original PC version that was removed for the 3DO version.

The source, and the necessary content files (uqm-0.7.0-3domusic.uqm, uqm-0.7.0-content.uqm & uqm-0.7.0-voice.uqm) can be downloaded here. It would be really nice if all of the necessary content files were included inside the PND this time. They can be legally redistributed with the game.

This game has been ported over to Pandora three separate times (by Pickle, zx-81, and Sigma), yet never have the necessary files been included, for some reason or other... if they are included, the PND would be about 150mb in size; still two times smaller than Battle for Wesnoth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
I think a port would be nice. This new release fixes a number of bugs and adds back in some dialogue from the original PC version that was removed for the 3DO version.

The source, and the necessary content files (uqm-0.7.0-3domusic.uqm, uqm-0.7.0-content.uqm & uqm-0.7.0-voice.uqm) can be downloaded here. It would be really nice if all of the necessary content files were included inside the PND this time. They can be legally redistributed with the game.

This game has been ported over to Pandora three separate times (by Pickle, zx-81, and Sigma), yet never have the necessary files been included, for some reason or other... if they are included, the PND would be about 150mb in size; still two times smaller than Battle for Wesnoth.

well im surprised i didnt think there would be another version released of uqm since they havnt had a release in years. I think it might be best to wait until the final release, unless you plan to help bug test.
I never included the data in my pnd for a number of reasons mainly being the pitiful upload speed I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
0.7.0 is officially out. Would it be possible to include the 3 standard .uqm content files? I think this would make the game more accessible if people didn't have to search manually for the right files (and they change in between versions, also). Or if not, I could do it - I'm just not sure how to begin the task, as there doesn't seem to be a "configure" file.

Back