The Ur-quan Masters

grimborg posted on Dec 26 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
5465756e posted on Dec 26 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
Did you extract the version file?

Yes.. I have the version file extracted from the content.uqm in /mnt/sd/games/uqm/content

I also tried renaming the content file as content.uqm, content.zip and uqm-0.4.0-content.uqm . I always get the log I posted.

You are using the wrong content file, the correct version does contain a startcon.lst. You can get it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
5465756e posted on Dec 26 2005 at 03:48 PM said:
grimborg posted on Dec 26 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
5465756e posted on Dec 26 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
Did you extract the version file?

Yes.. I have the version file extracted from the content.uqm in /mnt/sd/games/uqm/content

I also tried renaming the content file as content.uqm, content.zip and uqm-0.4.0-content.uqm . I always get the log I posted.

You are using the wrong content file, the correct version does contain a startcon.lst. You can get it here.

Yay! Finally got it working - but might have to remap controls. GREAT GAME! I thought I was being really dumb - but the content was in a tar - not in the original format. The latest link to the files work though. Many thanks.

I remapped the controls so you can trust and turn at the same time (thust is now on L). Also I added the key mapping to the file so you can easily remap whatever you want. You can get the file here.

@Loki666 : After installing the fspatch for firmware 1.1.0 I noticed that a random number dir is created in the UQM folder every time the game is ran. Could you fix that in the next release?

Does this game run under 1.4 firmware? I get punted back to the desktop screen when I try to run it. Thanks!

Eagle747 posted on Dec 28 2005 at 08:44 AM said:
Yay! Finally got it working - but might have to remap controls. GREAT GAME! I thought I was being really dumb - but the content was in a tar - not in the original format. The latest link to the files work though. Many thanks.

yeah, tarballs can be tricky with windows. i'd just like to take this opportunity to pimp the best file compression program i have ever used...

7-zip

it eats gzipped tarballs for breakfast. and quite a few sites have started to support the 7z wrapper since it lets you pick the compression algorithm that's best for the job.

anyhoo...

I installed this game as per the readme, but after starting it just hangs with a black screen. Should it take a while to load or is something wrong?

new version :p
The Ur-Quan Masters 0.5.0-r1
running on rtems (bye bye linux)
adventure mode is pretty useless since save games doesnt work yet. (working on it)

installation
unzip the file in the root of your sd.
download uqm-0.5.0-content.uqm
copy uqm-0.5.0-content.uqm in directory packages
rename uqm-0.5.0-content.uqm to content.uqm
start uqm.gpe

enjoy!

Same here, unfortunately..

However, would this patch also fix the laggy sound I got with the old .42 version? I think that was caused by something specific to the GP2x port, since I don't remember having soundlags on my 233mhz Windows PC... Unless, ofcourse, I did something wrong with installing 0.42 to my GP2x and you all don't get these soundlags..

I didn't get the previeus version to run at all. This version I get a startup logo, but then it crashes or something because it doesn't react to any button action :(

(firmware 2.0, no overclocking or anything)

ok this is not an upgrade, it's a totally different version, so delete you old uqm(0.4.2) directory first
uqm-0.5.0-r1.zip must be decompressed in the root of your sd card.
so the game is in /games/uqm
there is a "content" directory and in this directory there is a "packages" directory, this is where you have to copy the uqm-0.5.0-content.uqm.
rename it it content.uqm
so in the end, you should have the file /games/uqm/content/packages/content.uqm
that's all the game require to start,

if you can see the UQM loading screen, you have correctly installed the game, be patient loading are slows

hope it will help

loki666 posted on Jul 31 2006 at 01:42 AM said:
ok this is not an upgrade, it's a totally different version, so delete you old uqm(0.4.2) directory first
there is a "content" directory and in this directory there is a "packages" directory, this is where you have to copy the uqm-0.5.0-content.uqm.
rename it it content.uqm

if you can see the UQM loading screen, you have correctly installed the game, be patient loading are slows

hope it will help

I suspect this will help immensely. Thanks Loki. By the way, do we do the same thing for the voices and music files? Like uqm-0.5.0-voice.uqm to voice.uqm and so on?

Thanks,
Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Jul 30 2006 at 04:15 PM said:
loki666 posted on Jul 31 2006 at 01:42 AM said:
rename it it content.uqm

hope it will help

I suspect this will help immensely. Thanks Loki. By the way, do we do the same thing for the voices and music files? Like uqm-0.5.0-voice.uqm to voice.uqm and so on?

Thanks,
Allan.

yep, files name should be voices.uqm and 3domusic.uqm

icurafu posted on Jul 30 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
It's not working on my gp2x. I just a single white line in the middle, and then blank.

I waited 20 minutes after blank.

I have firmware 2.0 and I followed your exact steps.

When this is working, this should be a new thread because of rtems.

http://www.rtems.com/
I had the same thing. Then I tried again (deleted games directory, unzipped, moved content, then renamed content) and made it to the loading screen, where I heard some clicks, kind of like a broken HD, except more random. I waited for five minutes, but it didn't move past the loading screen.

Back