Uhm... Ok. Exactly which optional files do I need to download?
- uqm-0.7.0-content.uqm md5: 2f36dcb15274dbbcb5e266f2ed84d5b2 (DO I NEED THIS ONE TOO?)
- uqm-0.7.0-voice.uqm (optional speech package) md5: b78e0606325810f9f2e9ec786191c01b
- uqm-0.7.0-3domusic.uqm (optional 3DO music package) md5: 86a5e376d9b76888add1d10818f0ab9f
- uqm-remix-disc1.uqm md5: 09f242d8d72166d1d5ccbd3d99c93e7d
- uqm-remix-disc2.uqm md5: fbc8bdcb709939d559d8c7216ad15cc2
- uqm-remix-disc3.uqm md5: 5ccc6d4ac301ae98e172ac6835dcdead
But not these?:
These aren't real addon packs, just ordinary .zip files with some extra information and bonus material. If you want to use any of them in the game, you will need to make your own add-on .zip from their contents.
- uqm-remix-pack1-extras.zip md5: 5f30cb9e3db2ef1676a22a8536e8c510
- uqm-remix-pack2-extras.zip md5: a28438f3d5afd023aa95c536e92564e0
- uqm-remix-pack3-extras.zip md5: 01239c392c5a2758e2cb1fc40a3005b4
Can these be added? What do I do?
Like the page says, the ones at the bottom you listed aren't packages, so no, you don't need those (and indeed, the game can't use them). They're for people that want to listen to the remixes outside of the game, I think. If you want the remixes in the game, you need the actual packs (uqm-remix-disc1|2|3.uqm).
uqm-0.7.0-content.uqm is necessary, but it is included with the PND, so no, you don't need to download it (actually, if you look in your appdata directory, you will find it in content/packages once you run the game). The rest of them are optional. (I hope the link to the dictionary doesn't offend you, I'm just getting the feeling you might be overlooking the meaning of "optional"; if they were needed, they wouldn't be optional. )
uqm-0.7.0-voice.uqm will add voices, uqm-0.7.0-3domusic.uqm will allow you to use the 3DO music (instead of the included PC music), and the three remix packs will allow you to use the official modern remixes (again, instead of the included PC music).
Last edited by a moderator: