The Ur-quan Masters

icurafu posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:31 PM said:
Hey loki,

This is a great port. I'm so glad UQM is ported now. In my books, the most essential port for the GP2X.

I'll second that. It's probably the biggest and best game that GP2X could have (roms don't count). Being 320x240 and designed to work on a controller helps too. A fully working port of Ur-Quan would be most excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be the biggest, with over 100mb for the voices addon.

Btw, will it work with voices? if we add the voice module (from the uqm page) to the right directory?

And, also. Make sure you inform the authors. They also seemed very interested in the progress of the UQM port.

icurafu posted on Dec 13 2005 at 12:26 PM said:
It must be the biggest, with over 100mb for the voices addon.

Btw, will it work with voices? if we add the voice module (from the uqm page) to the right directory?

And, also. Make sure you inform the authors. They also seemed very interested in the progress of the UQM port.

you can try, i dont have enough free space on my SD, to test it myself, but UQM is compiled with zip and ogg support
instead of unzipping the uqm-0.4.0-content.uqm in the content subdir, just copy this file in content/packages and keep the file 'version' in the content subdirectory
then copy the the voice packages in content/packages subdir. (if it doesnt work, you can still try to uncompress the voice package in the content subdir)

Dunno... Narcissu's 130Mb with all the sound.

Certainly this is one of those games I've been really really really looking forward to since it was first suggested as a GP32 port, and not taken up due to 640x480 graphics...

This is probably the first port that has made me strongly consider picking up a gp2x. Thank you.

Tobriand posted on Dec 13 2005 at 01:46 PM said:

Certainly this is one of those games I've been really really really looking forward to since it was first suggested as a GP32 port, and not taken up due to 640x480 graphics...

gfx are from 3D0, so they are 320x240
i gave up porting this to GP32, because of too much SDL_Thread (not implemented in chui's GP32 SDL) and because of the memory footprint...

We must be borg because I agree with everything said.
I've registered just to thank you for porting one of the deepest games the GP2X can have.
Though there's still X-Com to be ported :).

Sweet, I have been keeping my old 3DO around for this game (and a few others).

Very stoked about the awesome releases we are getting nowadays.

Best game on gp2x till now...

but it does not work for me!!!!

can you explain if i can leave the zipped file in content directory

why are you talking about packages? where is this directory?

zip file should got in games/uqm/content/packages/content.zip
you should also drop version.txt in
games/uqm/content/
i think
i m about to find out

And thank you so much. This game totally defines my child hood and to now have it in my pocket rocks soo unbelivably much. I will make all my old school geek friends bow down in awe :)

Great! I remember playing this game on my 486 :) I'll definitely put this on my GP2X as soon as I get it!

Tobriand posted on Dec 13 2005 at 05:46 AM said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just went here Project page, screenshots and found some interesting screenshots entitled Scaling algorithm comparison (normal, bilinear, biadapt, biadv)

I assume that they are trying to scale the game because it is 320x240.

Good news for us, it will look better for us than on the PC :D

Back