The Rabbit Joint

Nova said:
Cut out and make a paper Link (Legend of Zelda)

Hee! I've been building the motorcycles from that Yamaha site ... it's unbelievably difficult! And rewarding :)

Some tips:

Use finishing wood glue (usually off-white in color), and mix it with a bit of water to make it thinner. It'll dry clear and fast (a MUST for gluing very tiny parts).

Get a cutting mat and a bunch of x-acto blades and change them often.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
Use finishing wood glue (usually off-white in color), and mix it with a bit of water to make it thinner. It'll dry clear and fast (a MUST for gluing very tiny parts).
Have you tried superglue (cyanoacrylate-based glues)? They don't produce any of the warping that one sometimes experiences with water-based glues. Also, CA glues dry very quickly and holds paper together well.

saehn said:
TelcoLou said:
Have you tried superglue (cyanoacrylate-based glues)? They don't produce any of the warping that one sometimes experiences with water-based glues. Also, CA glues dry very quickly and holds paper together well.

I thought of that ... problem is, sometimes you need to 'slide' the parts into position, and the wetness of the wood glue/water mix gives just the right amount of play needed before the pieces bond together. Plus CA glue is VERY pricey ... I used to use it when I built balsa wood airplane models.

TelcoLou said:
I thought of that ... problem is, sometimes you need to 'slide' the parts into position, and the wetness of the wood glue/water mix gives just the right amount of play needed before the pieces bond together. Plus CA glue is VERY pricey ... I used to use it when I built balsa wood airplane models.
I understand. I was into geometric models for a while, worked pretty well. for me. Made Platonic & Archimedean solids 'n such. Fun stuff, might get back into it some day.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Shifty said:
ahahaha...I can no longer take this smile seriously = :angry: LOL Look at it!! hahahaa.....
Sounds like something I'd say if I were high...

Quoted for accuracy.

Hmm, I have a theory ... look at this:

visual3animjx3.gif

... how does it make you feel?

TelcoLou said:
Hmm, I have a theory ... look at this:
visual3animjx3.gif

... how does it make you feel?

Honestly, it's making me want to have sex :huh:

Admittedly that's not the first thing I thought about.

Holy shit, there's more to the picture than I thought, but you can't see it very well.

My intent was to freak out shifty, assuming he ingested a strong hallucinogenic (this would account for his cracking up laughing at teh angry emoticon)

... once again, I've failed miserably ... but with un-intended humorous results :p

LOL Spoon games :lol:

Anyway, shifty is a youngun. I doubt he has ingested anything interesting just yet :lol:

In other news, I've just randomly become curious about Grain alcohol. A friend in NY bought some everclear and said it's crazy strong. Now I wanna try some :(

edit: Note: I am not an alcoholic....im just curious :p

LOL Spoon games :lol:

Anyway, shifty is a youngun. I doubt he has ingested anything interesting just yet :lol:
In other news, I've just randomly become curious about Grain alcohol. A friend in NY bought some everclear and said it's crazy strong. Now I wanna try some :(

OMFG, Be careful with that shit!! Once a buddy of ours didn't believe how strong it was and drank a shot's worth .. he was sick all day ... and I mean vomiting ... everything he tried to eat or drink .. he was throwing up water hours after he drank the shot.

So yeah .. be sure to mix a TINY bit of it with your kool-ade, soda or juice ... :ph34r:

Back