The Rabbit Joint

Nova posted on Mar 29 2007 at 10:08 PM said:
I'm looking for a nice small mp3 player, so tell me:

Is it pocketable?
How is rockbox on it, intuitive, good looking?
Are the controls ok?
How much did you pay for it and where?

Plus, anything else you'd like to post, pics of rockbox working on it, etc.

Much appreciated :)
It is pocketable, but I suppose it depends on the pocket. It fits in all of mine. Rockbox is pretty intuitive (though not in Doom ;) ), it's in colour, there are a number of themes, you can also do album art with a little work. Most importantly for me, it plays MP3 and OGG, as well as FLAC, AAC, MPC and other fun things, and plays all my music very well, but plugins (games etc.) slow down a lot when music is playing in that background. Sound quality is pretty good. Under Rockbox, however, there's no FM radio support or USB support (yet), so you have to boot into the original firmware for that (hold <- whilst booting up). Rockbox does support recording from the built-in mic.

Controls, under Rockbox, aren't the greatest. Essentially you have this touchpad in the middle which you move your finger up and down on to navigate the menu or change the volume. This works in the original firmware fairly well, but in Rockbox, you can only really use the top and bottom of the touchpad to navigate and change volume. IMO, the touchpad works much better than buttons, because I can simply leave my finger on the pad to scroll or change the volume. Play/pause buttons are on the side, along with next/previous buttons.

It's a discontinued model, and I managed to pick up a 6GB version (it comes in 5, 6 and 20GB) from Amazon Marketplace for £40. Used but in very good nick.

And GTA4 looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still buy them here.

A little pricey, but they're brand new.

Heh, if only.

Unfortunitly I don't have a lot of disposable income these days. Insurance, diesel, repairs, modifications...

Never buy a car.

EDIT: Although the good old strawberry juice helps out, if you know what I mean.

Awe man, I have a vicious fucking head cold....and a job interview tomorrow :(

This is interesting though, because the last two times I've gotten sick it's been for literally less than 12 hours, which has left me speechless. There's one major thing I've done differently- NO VEGGIE JUICE THIS TIME! :eek:

Never underestimate the healing powers of spinich, carrot, and celery juice ;)

Word filter? Is [****] censored now?

Edit: It is! What the [****]?

Edit again: What about shit?

More editing: Whew, thank god for shit. I'll just have to use it instead of [****] when I cuss now. Or learn to cuss in other languages.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Javacat said:
Command and Conquer 3 is far too good...
Not according to Azalin :lol:

... who?

Breaking news:

I just successfully coded my first functional program in over 25 years! :D

No, it wasn't "Hello World" ... that's for n00bz :p

It's a very sophisticated program that ... get this ... converts the temperature entered by the user, in Fahrenheit, into Celsius!! :eek:

All hand-coded using the TI-99/4A emulator in MESS (pc version) ... I rock so much, I can't stand myself! :lol:

You are all jealous because I've spent all day talking to hot babes on the internet. B)

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I think I did that with quick basic back in the day :huh:

Think I did it in pascal :huh:

In other news, GPXile is out.

Back