The Rabbit Joint

Username said:
So... who do you guys think is going to win the Super Bowl? On a similar note, this.

jeeze what a bunch of prudes. its ok to have a house full of guns; but a few girls at a kick around!!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Studies show vegetarians develop degenerative brain diseases more often... and yes, these are actually real studies'
(not to mention, in any 'sex survey' it's almost always done unprofessionally- vegans and vegetarians tend to live in a more alternate lifestyle, and of course anyone in an alt-lifestyle has more exciting sex.

Ravnos said:
You could also check out a Maple Leafs game though, depending on the time of year. I wouldn't expect to be able to catch an NHL game past April 12th without going to Montreal, though, since the Leafs suck.
It's amazing, I lived in this city for nearly 8 years (wow, time flies :unsure:) and never once seen them play.

Username: got any good recipes?

I don't know, I still think it's stupid. On one side, I hate peta (especially because of their "sea kitten" movement). On the other side, I don't think they shouldn't air the commercial because it's "inappropriate", as football isn't an oh-so-holy family sport, and they seem to act like it is. Ban it not because of the content, but because it's from peta.

Hey yeah, going to Toronto to see a hockey game. FUN!

If you're visiting a city, you need to see what that city has to offer that's unique. Surely there are note-worthy places in Toronto? Seeing a hockey game when you're on a vacation to a new city strikes me as pretty lame.

daclassicgamingmaster said:

If you're visiting a city, you need to see what that city has to offer that's unique. Surely there are note-worthy places in Toronto? Seeing a hockey game when you're on a vacation to a new city strikes me as pretty lame.
Thing is, I don't have free reign, I have a little sister to think about.

She is fucking picky. She won't want to a lot of the stuff I'm going to want to do. I would love to just explore the shit out of the place, but that's a no can do really.

go to a bar; speed drink the local beer; hang out with the drunks; bingo you have the real deal experience of that city/country

She is fucking picky. She won't want to a lot of the stuff I'm going to want to do. I would love to just explore the shit out of the place, but that's a no can do really.

You say this like you're dragging her along. You're what, 16? You're doing a family thing- and I highly doubt your family will want to see a fricking hockey game in a foreign city.

You say this like you're dragging her along. You're what, 16? You're doing a family thing- and I highly doubt your family will want to see a fricking hockey game in a foreign city.

Ha, was my dad's idea.

Man they're from the UK. This is what they think hockey is. I plan on checking out local sports when I travel to Europe (hopefully later this year).

Ravnos said:

Man they're from the UK. This is what they think hockey is. I plan on checking out local sports when I travel to Europe (hopefully later this year).

Yeah, but you're a dude who's traveling. He's a kid going on vacation with the family. There's a huge difference.

Ravnos, where are you going to in Europe & when? Might be able to recommend some sporting events if you like. Football is huge in UK & mainland Europe - i.e. soccer in yank terms ;) Loads of quirky sports too including cheese rolling, mud dashing & caravan racing depending on where & when!! :)

Oh, DCGM I agree with you over the whole family holiday thing - it's a completely different ball game if you pardon the pun ..

sataniC Virus said:
Ravnos, where are you going to in Europe & when? Might be able to recommend some sporting events if you like. Football is huge in UK & mainland Europe - i.e. soccer in yank terms ;) Loads of quirky sports too including cheese rolling, mud dashing & caravan racing depending on where & when!! :)
I hate soccer personally, and yeah, I've seen real European teams play live and everything. Just not for me. Hoping to go to Dublin in late spring. Not sure what the sports schedule is like but I want to check out something GAA sanctioned since some of those games I've never even seen before. You're from there, right? I might have some questions for you closer to when the trip comes up. I'm curious about the local music scene there, but not the stereotypically Celtic stuff since I can go to a Newfie bar here and hear that if I'm so inclined. Not sure how up on that you are but I'd be interested in what you have to say about it.

I want to take another trip later in the year, too, finances permitting, but I haven't totally decided yet. Narrowed it down to a couple of choices in either Germany or near Germany. And of course the gf wants to go to Greece since her dad worked there for a year and told her how beautiful it is. I dunno, I want to travel like Henry Rollins but I don't quite have the budget. ;)

PlopperZ said:
Go up the CN Tower or something. There's lots to do in Toronto.
I didn't want to suggest stuff like this cause it seems almost too obvious, but I guess that's what family vacations are all about, kodak moments and whatever. I'd rather check out the local pubs and restaurants or just ride a bike around with a backpack full of beer (I suppose this can be problematic depending on where you go), but I'm in my 20's without a bunch of relatives in tow.

Back