The Pandora Port Request Thread

Alerino said:
Klarth said:
BTW: Any chances of getting Skype?

well, there is skype for N900. since it is also arm-based (almost same specs) and it runs maemo linux, so, i think it is possible.
Yeah I remembered the N900 too, I'd like very much to have skype. Hope someone can port it.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 ports that I'd love to see on the Pandora:

screen_1.jpg

Jagged Alliance 2
Source code information

Open-Transport-Tycoon-Deluxe-Palm-OS_2.gif

Transport Tycoon Deluxe
Source code information

I rediscovered scorched 3D today.

It would probably require porting to OpenGL ES 2 and possibly some Neon/VFP optimizations. Still the game is lots of fun and has online play. It's even hosted in the UK. :)

scorched37-3-small.jpg

Web Site | Source Code

Alerino said:
well, there is skype for N900. since it is also arm-based (almost same specs) and it runs maemo linux, so, i think it is possible.

Forgive me for being an idiot, but you just made my day: there are multiple ARM-linux portable devices with touchscreens and physical keyboards! Somehow this had completely slipped my notice. The big-d-c Dev Community is a lot bigger than I thought.

I know I've bypassed 1 rule of posting in this thread.

I was wondering is Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exodus etc coming to the Pandora?
I think they were on the PSone so through the emulator it maybe possible, but I cannot remember exactly.
I just saw my lil bro playing it on the old desktop (ancient pc) and thought the graphics were in reach of Pandora, plus its in 2D (or 2.5D if you argue).
I'm pretty sure (Google not find) there is no source code released, i may be wrong.

There isn't any source code for those as far as I'm aware (the Microsoft Windows versions are still sold by GOG.com, incidentally), and I don't know of any open source engine-recreations for either one of them. I would guess that the PlayStation versions are very likely to work fine, though.

Your best bet for Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exoddus would be to keep an eye on the PSX compatibility list on the wiki, and pick them up (they're pretty common, so shouldn't be expensive) once they show up as having been tested and found to be working properly.

I'm sure zodttd's PSX emulator will run Abe in some capacity or another on launch. Most probably fullspeed in the near future. No source code to my knowledge, so yeah, emulation is the way to go. As long as you own the original disks :)

edit: dang, ninja'd :)

Prometheus said:
There isn't any source code for those as far as I'm aware (the Microsoft Windows versions are still sold by GOG.com, incidentally), and I don't know of any open source engine-recreations for either one of them. I would guess that the PlayStation versions are very likely to work fine, though.

Your best bet for Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exoddus would be to keep an eye on the PSX compatibility list on the wiki, and pick them up (they're pretty common, so shouldn't be expensive) once they show up as having been tested and found to be working properly.

leggymcjeggy said:
I'm sure zodttd's PSX emulator will run Abe in some capacity or another on launch. Most probably fullspeed in the near future. No source code to my knowledge, so yeah, emulation is the way to go. As long as you own the original disks :)

edit: dang, ninja'd :)

Thanx guys

I'm not too sure on source codes etc. for this one, and sorry if it's already been suggested here (didn't want to read through 32 pages) but I randomly got the urge to reinstall 'RPG maker 2K3' (the PC translation of the Japanese only version), and remembered how addictive it is, but thought it'd work really well portably. Any possibility there's a source code available that could be ported to ARM? As it was translated from the original, and I think the translation was unofficial (don't hold me to this) I'd imagine that means there's some way of accessing the source code. Any thoughts?

(P.s I just found out there's gonna be an Nintendo DS RPG maker out, so that caters to the portability I was interested in, but i'd imagine that's just a version of the VX versions, which I never enjoyed as much)

RPG Maker is closed source unfortunately, and I believe the various translations such as 2k3 were technically illegal hacks.

There are alternative approaches though: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49849-pandora-rpg-maker :)

OHRRPGCE and Sphere are both fairly complete open source RPG engines. We could probably expect to see one (or both) of these ported to the Pandora if there was interest.

Viral18 said:
Thanks Gruso- is there anything you don't know? :p
Most little answers like that require a quick google/forum/wiki search to get my facts straight. ;) But being around here so much means I usually know where to look straight away. :)

I'm hoping for Adventure Game Studio, I think it would lend itself well to the Pandora, not to mention how cool it would be to have the community sharing their own adventure games.

Sugar_Kane said:
I'm hoping for Adventure Game Studio, I think it would lend itself well to the Pandora, not to mention how cool it would be to have the community sharing their own adventure games.
This has been mentioned many times, and it's not likely to happen any time soon. He's very tight with his code these days, almost paranoid you might say. I asked once but he didn't seem very impressed. Once the Pandora ships I can ask again.

Probably been said before, but I'll repeat for the sake of emphasis :D
Heretic (ftp://phoebus@server1.thefourwinds.net/raven-games/classics/heretic_hexen_source.zip)
Hexen (ftp://phoebus@server1.thefourwinds.net/raven-games/classics/heretic_hexen_source.zip)
And Hexen II (ftp://phoebus@server1.thefourwinds.net/raven-games/hexenworld/hexen2source.zip)
All great games with source released, will love to play it on the Pandora :)

Also Mechcommander 2 is now open source, that seems like a good RTS fit for the Pandora
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6D790CDE-C3E5-46BE-B3A5-729581269A9C&displaylang=en)

Too bad other mech games like Mechwarrior 2 are still closed, that one would be a blast to play on the go.

Oh well, there is also MegaMek, a electronic version of the Battletech board game, would probably be a simple port to do: (http://sourceforge.net/projects/megamek/files/)

Also, this applies to Heretic, Hexen and Doom, but what about the Doomsday Engine?(Source code link)

The source code IS available, and it's been ported to Linux, so it should definitely be possible to port it to the Pandora without too much trouble.

It's also very scalable, so the purists can set the video options for a very classic, true-to-the-original look and feel, while graphic nuts can take advantage of it's more advanced features: 3d models, high-res textures, dynamic lighting, mouse-joystick support, split-screen multi-player, etc. Which would save a lot of time and really help how off the Pandora's potential.

Really, if Doomsday is ported you've basically just ported Heretic, Hexen and Doom (Plus their expansions) to the Pandora, it's like a 3 for 1 deal! :D

I myself would very much like to see it done, unfortunately I don't know much about programming but would be willing to help in any way I can. B)

Back