The Pandora Port Request Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chip, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Beholder

Beholder Still Fresh

I Have No Butt, and I Must Scratch

(nevermind, can't find the source code)

2. alerino

alerino Well-Known Member

well, there is skype for N900. since it is also arm-based (almost same specs) and it runs maemo linux, so, i think it is possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  3. Klarth

Klarth Still Fresh

Yeah I remembered the N900 too, I'd like very much to have skype. Hope someone can port it.

4. gosse

gosse Still Fresh

5. Trey

Trey Still Fresh

I rediscovered scorched 3D today.

It would probably require porting to OpenGL ES 2 and possibly some Neon/VFP optimizations. Still the game is lots of fun and has online play. It's even hosted in the UK. :)

scorched37-3-small.jpg
    Web Site | Source Code

6. bce23w

bce23w Member

Forgive me for being an idiot, but you just made my day: there are multiple ARM-linux portable devices with touchscreens and physical keyboards! Somehow this had completely slipped my notice. The big-d-c Dev Community is a lot bigger than I thought.

7. Kangal

Kangal Member

I know I've bypassed 1 rule of posting in this thread.

I was wondering is Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exodus etc coming to the Pandora?
    I think they were on the PSone so through the emulator it maybe possible, but I cannot remember exactly.
    I just saw my lil bro playing it on the old desktop (ancient pc) and thought the graphics were in reach of Pandora, plus its in 2D (or 2.5D if you argue).
    I'm pretty sure (Google not find) there is no source code released, i may be wrong.

8. Prometheus

Prometheus Well-Known Member

There isn't any source code for those as far as I'm aware (the Microsoft Windows versions are still sold by GOG.com, incidentally), and I don't know of any open source engine-recreations for either one of them. I would guess that the PlayStation versions are very likely to work fine, though.

Your best bet for Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exoddus would be to keep an eye on the PSX compatibility list on the wiki, and pick them up (they're pretty common, so shouldn't be expensive) once they show up as having been tested and found to be working properly.

9. leggymcjeggy

leggymcjeggy Still Fresh

I'm sure zodttd's PSX emulator will run Abe in some capacity or another on launch. Most probably fullspeed in the near future. No source code to my knowledge, so yeah, emulation is the way to go. As long as you own the original disks :)

edit: dang, ninja'd :)

10. Kangal

Kangal Member

Thanx guys

11. gosse

gosse Still Fresh

12. Prometheus

Prometheus Well-Known Member

13. Viral18

Viral18 Member

I'm not too sure on source codes etc. for this one, and sorry if it's already been suggested here (didn't want to read through 32 pages) but I randomly got the urge to reinstall 'RPG maker 2K3' (the PC translation of the Japanese only version), and remembered how addictive it is, but thought it'd work really well portably. Any possibility there's a source code available that could be ported to ARM? As it was translated from the original, and I think the translation was unofficial (don't hold me to this) I'd imagine that means there's some way of accessing the source code. Any thoughts?

(P.s I just found out there's gonna be an Nintendo DS RPG maker out, so that caters to the portability I was interested in, but i'd imagine that's just a version of the VX versions, which I never enjoyed as much)

14. gruso

gruso thunderbox

RPG Maker is closed source unfortunately, and I believe the various translations such as 2k3 were technically illegal hacks.

There are alternative approaches though: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49849-pandora-rpg-maker :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  15. Viral18

Viral18 Member

Thanks Gruso- is there anything you don't know? :p

16. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

OHRRPGCE and Sphere are both fairly complete open source RPG engines. We could probably expect to see one (or both) of these ported to the Pandora if there was interest.

17. kingoddball

kingoddball Mr. Awesome!

Open Source: Arduino IDE. SVN available.
    Can someone help port?

18. gruso

gruso thunderbox

Most little answers like that require a quick google/forum/wiki search to get my facts straight. ;) But being around here so much means I usually know where to look straight away. :)

19. Sugar_Kane

Sugar_Kane Could crush a grape

I'm hoping for Adventure Game Studio, I think it would lend itself well to the Pandora, not to mention how cool it would be to have the community sharing their own adventure games.

20. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

This has been mentioned many times, and it's not likely to happen any time soon. He's very tight with his code these days, almost paranoid you might say. I asked once but he didn't seem very impressed. Once the Pandora ships I can ask again.