The Pandora Port Request Thread

SCIBOTIC posted on May 24 2009 at 07:09 AM said:
Thanks, been looking for something like this for my netbook.
No problem - glad to be of help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
arrrgh posted on May 24 2009 at 04:12 PM said:
Gruso posted on May 22 2009 at 07:09 PM said:
If a dev decides to port something on the list, it will be moved to http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development , where you'll can see the name of the coder and the project status. Basically it's up to everyone to keep the info current.
I'm working on my ROTT port, should that be added?
Most definitely!
The list is growing nicely. I see we have Fedora on the way now, too.

I'v added a few other projects i'm working on to the wiki :D ( abuse, blobwars, opentryian, reminiscence, stratagus, the mana world and GLES2D)

I'v added a few other projects i'm working on to the wiki ( abuse, blobwars, opentryian, reminiscence, stratagus, the mana world and GLES2D)
If you need any help with stratagus, send us a line, I did the GP2X port. Its pretty messy codewise. Hopefully it'll be a lot easier for you since you won't have to resize everything to 320x240.

What's GLES2D ?

If you need any help with stratagus, send us a line, I did the GP2X port. Its pretty messy codewise. Hopefully it'll be a lot easier for you since you won't have to resize everything to 320x240.

What's GLES2D ?
Stratagus is already running fine.

GLES2D is a 2d graphic library for the pandora i'm working on, that use openGL ES for rendering, SDL/SDL_image for image/texture loading and input, and Freetype for TTF fonts support. For now it's able to do that (I plan to add Touch Screen support next and propably simple collision support) :

CODE
int GLES2D_InitVideoMode(int w, int h, int bpp, int fullscreen, int fsaa);

GLES2D_Texture *GLES2D_LoadTexture( char *filename );

GLES2D_Texture *GLES2D_CopyBufferToTexture();

void GLES2D_FreeTexture(GLES2D_Texture *texture);

void GLES2D_DrawTextureSimple( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y );

void GLES2D_DrawTextureCentered( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y );

void GLES2D_DrawTextureScaled( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y, int w, int h );

void GLES2D_DrawTextureScaledCentered( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y, int w, int h );

void GLES2D_DrawTextureAlpha( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y, float alpha);

void GLES2D_DrawTextureAlphaCentered( GLES2D_Texture *texture, int x, int y, float alpha);

void GLES2D_DrawTexture( GLES2D_Texture *texture_struct, int x, int y, int wScale, int hScale, int centered, GLfloat alpha, GLfloat rotation);

void GLES2D_DrawLine( int ax, int ay, int bx, int by, int width, GLfloat *color );

void GLES2D_DrawTriangle( int ax, int ay, int bx, int by, int cx, int cy, GLfloat *color );

void GLES2D_DrawRectangle( int ax, int ay, int bx, int by, GLfloat *color );

void GLES2D_DrawCircle (int circleSegments, GLfloat circleSize, int x, int y, int filled, GLfloat *color);

int GLES2D_InitFont(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *filename, int size);

void GLES2D_DrawText(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *msg ,GLfloat x, GLfloat y, GLfloat *color);

void GLES2D_DrawTextShadow(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *msg ,GLfloat x, GLfloat y, GLfloat shadowGap, GLfloat *mainColor, GLfloat *shadowColor);

void GLES2D_DrawTextScroll(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *msg, GLfloat x, GLfloat y, GLfloat x_min, GLfloat x_max, GLfloat *color);

void GLES2D_DrawTextBox(GLES2D_Font *font, char *msg, int x, int y, int width, int height, GLfloat *color);

int GLES2D_GetTextHeight(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *text );

int GLES2D_GetTextWidth(GLES2D_Font *font, const char *text );

void GLES2D_ClearScreen( GLfloat *color );

void GLES2D_SwapBuffers();

void GLES2D_FpsCounterInit();

void GLES2D_FpsCounterUpdate();

int GLES2D_GetFps();

void GLES2D_Quit();

zevdawg said:
Gruso said:

I just noticed a few posts up - the link to the port wiki :lol: (but I figured to ask here since forums state that port requests go in this section of the forums)
Thanks!

Although, in the Developer's Corner of the forums, the first sticky states as such:
"*pinned* Please Post Port Requests In The General Section"

Some may use Wiki, but I'm not a big fan of juggling forums/sites (so I will still post here instead, since this is a specific thread, after all).

Actually, given that fact - I'm amazed they haven't pinned this very thread ... :ph34r:

What about porting Settlers 2.5 RTTR? (or Siedler II.5 RTTR, since dev-team is mostly german). I don't know if it's worth since Widelands exists. Also S2.5ttr also requires original data from Settlers 2 Gold Edition and by the moment, it doesn't support single player support, and AI is lacking.

"The Settlers 2.5 RttR (Return to the Roots) is a fan-project, which aims to renew the original The Settlers 2. We aim to extend new features such as a multiplayer mode via internet as well as the support for modern hardware and several operating systems like Windows XP, Linux and MacOS. Likewise we want to invent some smaller upgrades. [...] At the moment people can try test versions in which they can find most features taken from the original game!"

People with programing skills (or a little money to donate) are always welcome to accelerate the progress! I will keep you updated on this.

Official website (now on maintenance). Here is the google-cache translated to english

Source code is available in launchpad (GNU GPL v3)
A FAQ
Why do i need a 3D-acceleration?
Settlers 2.5 is rendering the landscape with the help of OpenGL. Benefit-cost-analysis show that this is better than using software rendering. So you will need a 3D graphics card to play it smoothly.
Seems that a port to OpenGL ES would also be needed...

A youtube video of the gameplay.

Triplane Classic

But just putting this bare link doesn't make any justice to the story behind the finding, so I'll tell you that story.

Several days ago I was trying to remember without success the name of a very entertaining planefight game in 2D for MS-DOs, that I loved so much to play around the year 1998. So I spent a whole day trying to find the game's name. During the search process I found other similar titles. e.g. Airstrike, Sopwith, Wings of Fury, Airstrike 1.0, Apricots, Armor Alley, and more I can't remember now.

...but none of them was 'my game'.

And then comes yesterday and jb0yx has the idea to write a link to an abandonware site in this thread which I could luckily see before it got censored. So I said to myself: "let's give it a last chance". I then went to the site, searched for 'plane' and... among all the results with the 'planet' word... I saw one that got my attention. I clicked on it... I recognized the screenshot! Tataaaa! There it was! The lost gem! at last! Triplane Turmoil was the game.

And like if it wasn't enough, the game has been relicensed freeware ! So I could legally download it, and play it, wich I did, with the feeling like I was living in a dream. So much memories came back.

so I was very happy, and I was about to ask today in the dosbox thread wether Triplane Turmoil would run well in the Pandora or not. Specifically interested in the odds of displaying correctly the multiplayer game mode when turning on the option of displaying it at 800x600 vesa mode....

...so I visited the wikipedia page of the game. And I couldn't believe what I read there. There was a GPL port of the original game using SDL! I found it on sourceforge, downloaded it, compiled it and tataaa! It's exact! It's free as in freedom! One surprise after another... This is what I understand for an unespected Christmas present.

BTW: there are some nice games between those I found during the search process.

EDIT: typo

I didn't see these requests, so here goes:
- Exult: Ultima VII engine (http://exult.sourceforge.net/). Already exists on PSP & GP2X.
- La Mulana: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1079/). Fantastic freeware in the spirit of Maze of Galious (MSX). If I am not mistaken, the game runs on DOS, so it would "just" need a frontend to be launched.
- Albion: already ported to the GP2X & Wiz.
- Enigma: a great Oxyd series port (http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/)
- Rrootage & Noiz2sa: already ported to the PSP & GP2X

ldaneels said:

Yes please, I remember talking about this game with my friend over a decade ago, I've still never played it but would love to on my Pandora.

Dead1nside said:
ldaneels said:

Yes please, I remember talking about this game with my friend over a decade ago, I've still never played it but would love to on my Pandora.
M-HT said he'd probably get around to it when he had a Pandora and some free time. I'm hoping it won't require too much work.

It would be nice if the next set of sample units are sent out to devs who can start porting and developing directly for a fully functional unit. And then film stuff in action :)

WizardStan said:
Dead1nside said:
ldaneels said:

M-HT said he'd probably get around to it when he had a Pandora and some free time. I'm hoping it won't require too much work.

I've added it to the list anyway. That's great news.

hahahahaha dude check out this game! what an awesome idea! this would be a great port for super mario and tetris lovers! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/522276 the game is called Tuper Tario Tros. wow.

zohnnyg said:
hahahahaha dude check out this game! what an awesome idea! this would be a great port for super mario and tetris lovers! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/522276 the game is called Tuper Tario Tros. wow.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this game uses Adobe Flash so porting would require a complete source code rewrite. The good thing is, that having an Adobe Flash player could make it to be played on Pandora.

If Pandora gets an Adobe Flash player, an interesting idea would be to make a flash2pnd script that generates .PND packages of Adobe Flash games. This could avoid the need of internet and instant playing of the games, but also easier to locate them in the menu.

About port requests, I added TONS of them to the Port Requests page on Pandora Wiki site. I'm planning to add a few more pending, but I added most of the software I was able to find. It's not demaning to be ported, just I contributed as an index of software that can be ported and make the task of finding software easier to developers that want to port something for the Pandora system. Please contribute to add the software you might find interesting to the Port Requests page, so developers can know about it and someone may get interested on it.

Back