The Pandora Port Request Thread

Hopefully we get a Flash player this year, there's a ton of cool indie games made in Flash that would be awesome on a Pandora. I like the idea of a Flash to PND script/app. Not only could we download and play a lot of games available on various websites but devs could start uploading Flash games to the appstore.

I found a great open source game called Bitfighter. Its a multiplayer retro space shooter, and its fun! So far the player base is pretty small, but its growing and it has an active community. It uses GLUT and OpenAL, so it should be pretty easy to port, especially after they get the 64-bit port done. Another reason this game is great for the Pandora is that is fits the Pandora's control scheme perfectly (dual sticks and L/R buttons).

I know I've heard of this game before but for some reason I have never tried it, I'll have to give it a go. If it can use both nubs that would be perfect for the Pandora.

oh man, with online multiplayer (and dual nubs like second exodous said) it looks really fun. Unfortunately it doesn't look like source is readily available, but they seem open to it upon request. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get a package together for the pandy.

I noticed the admin said
"Bitfighter currently uses OpenGL, GLUT (though we'll eventually move to SDL), OpenAL (for sound) and... well a few other things that should be easy to port (Lua, libtomcrypt, etc.)
Without a device, there's not much I can do besides cheer on someone who has one and can do the work."
Sounds cool, but may not be around for a while..

pelrun said:
Actually the source is available on sourceforge - the svn link is at the bottom of the downloads page.
oops, must've missed that, thanks for pointing it out. in that case a port should be trivial =]

Last edited by a moderator:
would someone mind putting Rubyripper on the port requests page for me please?
All the games and programs I need are already ported or being requested and it would be the last thing I need to replace my entire desktop! :D

WhiteBat said:
would someone mind putting Rubyripper on the port requests page for me please?
All the games and programs I need are already ported or being requested and it would be the last thing I need to replace my entire desktop! :D
Done. I hope I have the correct Rubyripper, though! :lol: This is it, right?

What about an ARM port of StreamMyGame ?

The team said there working on this, but i'm don't trust them.

http://streammygame.com/smg/modules.php?name=OurSoftware

I can't seem to find any mention of source code being available, PunchOut. Without that, the only people who can port it are the team responsible for the software.

Dink Smallwood: Is open source but I think it has not been ported to Linux or ARM device yet. http://www.rtsoft.com/dink/

Novashell Game Creation System: Is open source and has been officially ported to linux but not to ARM. http://www.rtsoft.com/novashell/

Those would be fantastic, expecially DINK.

I'm still dreaming about Trackmania though. They have released Wii and DS versions other than PC. Maybe they would have interest in porting the DS one officially, who knows?

Novashell relies on Clanlib which itself relies on a full OpenGL implementation.

I introduced the Pandora to Seth of Novashell and he seemed pretty keen but I don't think he's up for porting Clanlib to OpenGLES. If that gets done then it should be a fairly simple job to get Novashell on Pandora. Which might just be motivation enough for me to continue looking for graphics artists for my Dizzyanna Janes game.

This application has been mentioned several times but I think It has not been oficially requested:

Tux Guitar [Guitar Tab, reader, writer]
source: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar/files/TuxGuitar/tuxguitar-src-1.2.tar.gz
Requirements: JRE

I hope this is feasible, Pandora would be a nice machine to have in the table and follow your tabs while playing... Is there any other app of this kind for Linux?

Greetings

BRL-CAD. Would be wonderful to be the first gaming handheld with a CAD tool, hehehe.
I could not find system requirements for it, but it might run, is open source and has been officially ported to linux.

Has anyone mentioned hedgewars? I like that game. Almost perfect Worms clone, even if it does use QT....network support too! And Wifi Games!

How about an OpenMW Port when it's done? It claims it should be able to run on older hardware than the original! I think the pandora could handle it, and the menus are perfect for touchscreens!

Tremulous a possibility, or is that too high requirements?

Willrandship said:
How about an OpenMW Port when it's done? It claims it should be able to run on older hardware than the original! I think the pandora could handle it, and the menus are perfect for touchscreens!

Tremulous a possibility, or is that too high requirements?
OpenMW is just fantastisch!! Tremulous is nice aswell along with worms clone.
Nice find, Willrandship. I'm gonna look forward to OpenMW.

I just hoped this topic had dev answers if the ports that have been requested are viable or are just impossible (which includes lack of will and interest from the coder).

BTW: Any chances of getting Skype?

Back