The Pandora Port Request Thread

xnopasaranx said:
Ooh ooh!!! That excites me. I was hoping something like crayon-physics might be ported to pandora. Is this clone finished or WIP? Does it have lots of features or is it more limited than crayon-physics?
It's more like crayon physics deluxe ;)

Really, lot's of fun, just try it out on your pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, seems to need only SDL stuff. The main problem is the resolution is 800x480

Edit: Resolution isn't a problem on the Pandora

Hmm, might the game tremulous be able to play on the pandora?
Seeing as how it uses the quake3 engine, and its been proven to play quake 3 on the pandora.
It would be pretty nice to play that game on a handheld.(Btw, it is opensource, so I dont think that is a problem.)

Just incase noones mentioned it yet I would love to see a ported version of DC++
work well for rom distrubution and other dubious things like that :D

Abiword
Audacity
Supertuxkart
Supertux
ETRacer
SecretMaryoChronicles

and on of the most important-- BZFlag!

oh yea; tuxtyping is a must, I wanna test what my thumbs can do!

and defrenguin would be nice too
and xbill, xgalaga, & xinvaders

I just searched 20 pages and it's not on the list, so I'll add it:

Fenix Interpreter

I've got a game I was working on in Fenix, but there just wasn't enough horsepower on the GP2X to make it go.

It would be nifty if there were a 320x240->640x480 double scaling mode for a Pandora port of Fenix... that would mean a lot of existing GP2X games on launch day with minimal modification. (Think anything made by Ruckage). It would be nice to put out a fast port of my existing GP2X Fenix game.

Would like to toss an idea into the great pool that is Open Source :D

I figure - since it's being widely used - and while there is officially a Second Life client for Linux, it'd be interesting to see one specifically designed for the Pandora. It would just be a matter of upkeep with their code methinks (they release a new version of SL every month or so on Windows, while I'm not sure what their progress for releases are on Linux systems

I'm sure plenty of you know what SL is, but link for safe measure: http://secondlife.com/

Squidge said:
You may want to point to the download of the source code, too...
Ok, will do!
Source/Download main (community): Downloads in Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux (downloads in a .tar.bz2 format):
http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

The Linux version is in Beta (when tested on my notebook, it crashed. But mind ya, it wasn't meant to be played on shared graphics either lol).

zevdawg said:
Squidge said:
You may want to point to the download of the source code, too...
Ok, will do!
Source/Download main (community): Downloads in Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux (downloads in a .tar.bz2 format):
http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

The Linux version is in Beta (when tested on my notebook, it crashed. But mind ya, it wasn't meant to be played on shared graphics either lol).
This is not the source. Just binaries and some ressources (or i just can't find them..).

Second life is not only a commercial product but also online-monetized and uses bunches of proprietary stuff. why would it be open source?

hells_dark said:
This is not the source. Just binaries and some ressources (or i just can't find them..).
This link has source.

@PoisonedV: Who knows why? The source is apparently out there. Granted, it's just the viewer source. It doesn't look like the server side source is available.

Trevor Bradley said:
I just searched 20 pages and it's not on the list, so I'll add it:

Fenix Interpreter

I've got a game I was working on in Fenix, but there just wasn't enough horsepower on the GP2X to make it go.

It would be nifty if there were a 320x240->640x480 double scaling mode for a Pandora port of Fenix... that would mean a lot of existing GP2X games on launch day with minimal modification. (Think anything made by Ruckage). It would be nice to put out a fast port of my existing GP2X Fenix game.
I believe there is hardware support for the screen to enter half resolution mode. Is that what you're talking about? If you're already developing at that low resolution, then running at half resolution also has the added benefit of being easier on the battery.

(sorry got to edit this... having a hard time with quotes right now - it seemed to double post an edit :blink: )

1) I have/had a hard time finding "source" for it, one would think they would include it on their site... but like someone already pointed out - it's a commercial product (so that's to be expected) - I tried :angry:

2) Just cause it's closed source doesn't mean it won't run on it (it's Linux, you can hack anything to run on Linux) ;) (half kidding here folks) My guess is that it can be done, with lots of work being involved. But since they don't release all their source I'm guessing "good luck with that"? End all and be all or however you put it (ok, but what about reverse engineering... lots of people do it for major programs to make their own versions of the app run in different environments and such...)?

(and sorry to the mods - I didn't know you moved the post - I assumed it was all deleted and I had to make another post with appropriate content - most forums have a redirect link up for a day or two after the fact - or PM members (I'm visually impaired so it makes it that much more difficult for me to tell!) -- but yeah it won't happen again).

zevdawg said:
2) Just cause it's closed source doesn't mean it won't run on it (it's Linux, you can hack anything to run on Linux) ;) (half kidding here folks)
I know you're half-kidding and all, but I'm afraid that it being closed source is very likely to mean it won't run on it. :p The Pandora being Linux-based is only part of the story. ;) That is to say, the binary that's out there is, I'm guessing, most likely to be compiled with the x86 processor architecture in mind - you can't just magically make that run on an ARM processor. That's why people say "Ports require source code" - so that any relevant changes (or just a recompilation) can be made to make things work. :p

zevdawg said:
(and sorry to the mods - I didn't know you moved the post - I assumed it was all deleted and I had to make another post with appropriate content - most forums have a redirect link up for a day or two after the fact
This forum puts up redirect links for moved threads, but not merged ones. If there was a way I could leave redirects when merging threads (which I end up doing a lot) then I would. :)

Back