The Pandora Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyosys said:
IT'S SO SMALL
That's what she said. :lol:

Though I must agree, I do like the textured back, perfect for long gaming sessions full of sweat! Also, in addition to the black aesthetic being matte, the diamond pattern will definitely help to cover up minor scratches and blemishes the device might get though normal use. Bravo!

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Kyosys said:
IT'S SO SMALL

Though I must agree, I do like the textured back, perfect for long gaming sessions full of sweat! Also, in addition to the black aesthetic being matte, the diamond pattern will definitely help to cover up minor scratches and blemishes the device might get though normal use. Bravo!

I'm pretty sure thats just there as the case has been rapid prototyped and not injections molded.

I like if devs can make projection photos. I mean orthogonal snap every side closed Pandora and orthogonal photo of LCD with frame opened at 90° and keyboard with controls from top. So it can be printed at actual size (make real sized and looking Paper model). :)

Peter R said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Kyosys said:
IT'S SO SMALL

I'm pretty sure thats just there as the case has been rapid prototyped and not injections molded.

Well how else would it have been made, then, stock plastic vacuum forming? If you're correct, silly me for thinking it to be a design feature! :unsure:

CronoTriggerfan said:
Peter R said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Kyosys said:
IT'S SO SMALL

Well how else would it have been made, then, stock plastic vacuum forming? If you're correct, silly me for thinking it to be a design feature! :unsure:

Rapid prototyping uses a form of 3D printing, with a head that moves around and builds up your plastic object layer by layer. It's very slow (and therefor expensive) for manufacturing but you don't need to make a hugely expensive mould to do it (so you can try out different designs). For mass production, injection moulding is used which is much quicker and cheaper but requires expensive moulds.

Kyosys said:
I think my face is frozen in happyness

IT'S SO SMALL
What do you had expected? :D
There are older Size-comparison Pix with the (rendered) Pandora, A Laptop and a EEE PC. I also have a personal 1:1 Mockup of the Pandora and the measurements are nearly the same like a GP2X. :) The Pandora feels much better in the Hands by the way.

who changed the name of this thread? I named it "Teh" for a reason... :p

Also, will the final version be more glossy? The photos look more matte-esque that the photos on the front page of the website.

Hmm, I prefer matte to be honest, less issues with ugly fingerprints no matter how many micro fibre cloths you have to hand.

Intresting photos :) . And the pandora looks smaller in RL than if you just tried to measure it out or imagine it!

On the small photos, I think that craigx has done as much as he could do with those photos. They have been taken indoors, late at night (I'm guessing) under artificial light and unless you have a *very* expensive digital camera taking pictures under those conditions usually leads to a fuzzy, orange-looking picture. At higher resolution under those conditions pictures don't look any better. I've tried it before myself and usually all you get under those conditions is a fuzzy, blurry orangey picture with lots of noise. You might be able to tweak it by changing ISO settings but it won't help much.

Looking good though!

ljones

One technological invention thats been helping people take pictures in the dark since 1930...

wait for it....

A Camera Flash!!!!

These pictures kinda suck, I'm not saying I'm ungrateful but these just suck. I can't believe people think their cell phones can take a decent picture just because it says its 3MP on the side. I just went to Las Vegas and you wouldn't believe the amount of people trying to take night pictures with their cell phones, I just wanted to slap them upside the head.

I'm sorry for the negativity but any real digital camera (not a cell phone) bought in the last 5 years could take a better picture than these.

Kevin_H said:
One technological invention thats been helping people take pictures in the dark since 1930...

wait for it....

A Camera Flash!!!!

These pictures kinda suck, I'm not saying I'm ungrateful but these just suck. I can't believe people think their cell phones can take a decent picture just because it says its 3MP on the side. I just went to Las Vegas and you wouldn't believe the amount of people trying to take night pictures with their cell phones, I just wanted to slap them upside the head.

I'm sorry for the negativity but any real digital camera (not a cell phone) bought in the last 5 years could take a better picture than these.
And one of, Maybe even the most popular pieces of electronic equipment to be carried around by most human beings, That is capable of taking a photo, Is ?.

A camera ?.

B Watch ?.

C Microwave Oven ?.

D Mobile Phone ?.

You use what you have to hand, Or you miss out.

Trooper

On the small photos, I think that craigx has done as much as he could do with those photos. They have been taken indoors, late at night (I'm guessing) under artificial light and unless you have a *very* expensive digital camera taking pictures under those conditions usually leads to a fuzzy, orange-looking picture. At higher resolution under those conditions pictures don't look any better. I've tried it before myself and usually all you get under those conditions is a fuzzy, blurry orangey picture with lots of noise. You might be able to tweak it by changing ISO settings but it won't help much.

almost all digital cameras exept the absolute cheepist, have the ability to set the white ballance for tungstan lighting, which would help a lot it this case

the ability of a lens to resolve(see two objects as two objects) is dependent entialy on its size. basicly the bigger, the better;). because of this mobile phone cameras are counter intuitive. the lenses are too small to produce decent pictures. high mega pixel counts mean nothing if the lens sucks. also, noize can be worked around by tacking a mumber of pictures and avareging them together, This is how some video de-noising filters work.

my £100 cannon power shot a530, in manual mode, can produce perfectly good pictures under artificial lighting,

trooper said:
Kevin_H said:
And one of, Maybe even the most popular pieces of electronic equipment to be carried around by most human beings, That is capable of taking a photo, Is ?.

A camera ?.

B Watch ?.

C Microwave Oven ?.

D Mobile Phone ?.

You use what you have to hand, Or you miss out.

Trooper

I agree with you to some degree, but going to Las Vegas which is know for it lights and glamor at night is not like being in a bar and chick suddenly flashes her jubblies. I mean you wouldn't bring a crayon when you knew you had to write a 25 page paper. It will do the job but its not going to be pretty.

Second the Pandora pictures were not a spur of the moment shot, craigx could have easily waited to find/borrow a better camera before posting them to the forums. Once again I'm not saying he shouldn't have posted them, but a little waiting for more clear higher res photos is worth it for me.

Kevin_H said:
Second the Pandora pictures were not a spur of the moment shot, craigx could have easily waited to find/borrow a better camera before posting them to the forums.
Which is fine, but you can guarantee that there would be some people posting "Where are the photos?!?!" every hour, and probably PM'ing/emailing ask the same thing.

It's easier to just put some pictures up with what you have to hand, when you have the time, than being nagged to death whilst waiting to find a decent camera, and finding the time to learn/use it.

A decent camera used by someone without knowledge can generate some fantastically poor pictures (much worse than a camera phone in some instances)

Squidge said:
Which is fine, but you can guarantee that there would be some people posting "Where are the photos?!?!" every hour, and probably PM'ing/emailing ask the same thing.

It's easier to just put some pictures up with what you have to hand, when you have the time, than being nagged to death whilst waiting to find a decent camera, and finding the time to learn/use it.

A decent camera used by someone without knowledge can generate some fantastically poor pictures (much worse than a camera phone in some instances)

Why Squidge, you mustn't get in the way of people never being satisfied ever with anything under any circumstance when it's given to them. It's not nice ;)

RedStar1949 said:
who changed the name of this thread? I named it "Teh" for a reason... :p

Also, will the final version be more glossy? The photos look more matte-esque that the photos on the front page of the website.

I was gonna mention something to that effect but, then digressed.

I'm pretty much with everyone here that wants "higher quality" pics of the device. But I do understand that it may take some time. Until then, thanks for these, and everyone here looks forward to more as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back