The Pandora Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AireTamStorm said:
I'm pretty much with everyone here that wants "higher quality" pics of the device. But I do understand that it may take some time. Until then, thanks for these, and everyone here looks forward to more as always.
I do not want pics. No more images, videos, anything!
There's way too much drool on my desk now as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camera flash isn't the cure-all you may think. I can't use it for a couple reasons when I take photos.
PDR_3943.JPG

1. The flash bounces off a part of the object and makes it so you can't see anything.

2. The flash wears out the batteries.

3. The flash needs to recharge.

You really need some high intensity lights and some kind of light diffuser: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-t...oto-studio.html

I lucked out and got a Fuji FinePix A330 for about $54 a couple years back, it takes killer Macro shots.
DSCF0136.JPG

I am pretty sure that I just used a 60 watt lamp placed close to the subject though.

I haven't built one of those boxes yet.

I hope that ED can take some really good shots.

that's all strategy, they want to keep us struggling.
A small picture here, a new small picture there. Even if there are several big steps at once, that they document, they will release them in steps to be abled to always give out something new.
It's like dealing with kids. Every day is a birthday and if you forget to bring presents, some of us will surely start whining hysterically.

WizardStan said:
AireTamStorm said:
I'm pretty much with everyone here that wants "higher quality" pics of the device. But I do understand that it may take some time. Until then, thanks for these, and everyone here looks forward to more as always.
I do not want pics. No more images, videos, anything!
There's way too much drool on my desk now as it is.

Shut up Deepercutt. (j/k)

No offense to those who vocally want more pictures, but... You are unwanted bastard children who smell funny and will probably live your entire lives unloved by anybody. Oh, and I just ran over your dog. And I know from first-hand experience that your SO sleeps around. Again, no offense meant, just throwing that out there.

(in other words, just because you say "Not meaning to sound ungrateful", or "No Offense" doesn't mean you're not sounding ungrateful or offensive.)

Gilrad said:
No offense to those who vocally want more pictures, but... You are unwanted bastard children who smell funny and will probably live your entire lives unloved by anybody. Oh, and I just ran over your dog. And I know from first-hand experience that your SO sleeps around. Again, no offense meant, just throwing that out there.
(in other words, just because you say "Not meaning to sound ungrateful", or "No Offense" doesn't mean you're not sounding ungrateful or offensive.)

Its about time somebody ran over that dog.

Ed is doing the high quality shots, I did try some with the flash but it kept bouncing off the LCD and looked horrible.

Anyway the photos were just for the forum, a little extra because I had the Pandora in front of me.

craigix said:
Ed is doing the high quality shots, I did try some with the flash but it kept bouncing off the LCD and looked horrible.

Anyway the photos were just for the forum, a little extra because I had the Pandora in front of me.
yeah, and we all thank you kindly!

craigix said:

HA! Just like I said, how does that sarcasm taste now Kevin H?

Kevin_H said:
One technological invention thats been helping people take pictures in the dark since 1930...

wait for it....

A Camera Flash!!!!
[snip]
I'm sorry for the negativity but any real digital camera (not a cell phone) bought in the last 5 years could take a better picture than these.
Hmmm :rolleyes: (of course it could all be a trick and camera flash does work :) )

PDR_3943.JPG

craigix said:
Thanks Craig!! :) :)

I will look forward to the big pics of the unit.

craigix said:

thanks! those photos actually sealed the deal that im gonna try and get in on the first batch lol

nubie said:
EvilDragon said:
Well, as soon as I get one of those, I'll do some 1080i FullHD videos ready for download ;)
Please don't make the video interlaced, it is not good :(.

If it is all you have then OK, but if there is a 720p setting or a de-interlace you can run then I would much like it

Seconded, 720p would be much better than 1080i. From videos I've seen, interlaced videos do not look good.

What, the 'duct tape' texture? Sure it would be a refreshing--or at the very least interesting--departure from handheld conventions, but I like my shiny toys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back