The Official, "i've Got Mine" Thread

i've never had a problem with Sony products, I've got a Sony TV and DVD player and my PS2 that i've had since launch still works. I'm just annoyind that Sony is not pushing the PSP harder, it's like they never intended to try to compete against Nintendo in the handheld market, right now, i believe the DS is walking all over the PSP and in reality it should be the other way around.

Sony hardware is garbage. My PSP has stuck pixels and uneven lighting (it was a present, so I don't have the receipt :( ), and my PS2 is slowly eating itself.

Anyway, I have:
-PSP Value Pack w/ Spiderman 2 UMD movie
-Ridge Racer
-Ape Escape: On the Loose

Well as a gift they should have atleast given you a gift receipt to replace it if defective.

As for the push Sony knows they can't defeat Nintendo in the handheld market directly, they knew that from day one. They're more after the Ipod market that's why they have the new pack with the 1gb stick as a pack in. That's whay they made it all slick and shiny and push UMD movies every time they release a new DVD. Nintendo has been the tops in the hendheld market for a reason they know how to do portable gameplay, My teenage cousin put it this way "their games are always more classic" which seems to make sense to me.

i've never had a problem with Sony products, I've got a Sony TV and DVD player and my PS2 that i've had since launch still works. I'm just annoyind that Sony is not pushing the PSP harder, it's like they never intended to try to compete against Nintendo in the handheld market, right now, i believe the DS is walking all over the PSP and in reality it should be the other way around.
throughout my life I've owned numerous sony products ranging from tvs to radios and everything in between. Ive only had 1 prob with the ps2 (DRE)

I know people who think all sony stuff is bad, but its just the video game stuff that may need some tweeking. the rest is very well made IMO

every hear "sony no bologna"? :lol:

and my psp is perfect. no dead anything. and i even dropped it like a month after launch (d'oh ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah my PSP came with 0 dead pixels or any problems either, the only problem i'm having is playing madden 06 with all the bugs, the worst of which in franchise mode it has a nasty habit of turning off the PSP after the game and before you can save, happened twice in 3 games so far.

I take excessively good care of my products, and I have to say, some of sony's Products are good, (Like my very old TV that still works like a charm), and my headphones. Now, as for their CD Players, they are crap, ive broken about 4 of them and i take super care of my stuff. My Playstation, just out of nowhere decided it doesn't like to close, so now to play it I have to put a fully loaded dreamcast controller on top of it. Most of their stuff is very fragile, and, to me that isn't good. I like a system that you can light on fire, drag from the back of your car, and it still works :D

http://www.snackbar-games.com/downloads/cubegone.wmv

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=50...ole+destruction

Now thats good hardware :D

Euro PSP Value Pack Version 1.52 to Version 2.00

GTA LCS (USA) --- (Now sold on ebay 2 hours ago :) )
GTA LCS (UK)
Toca 2
Spiderman 2
Spiderman 2 Film
Mem Card with Emus and roms on :)

PS: I put about 96 hours into Midnight Club 3: DUB and am stilll only 56% done

And, 90hours went to loading time, right? :p Just joking, but that game has the worst loading time I have ever seen EVER.

all the people that bitch about loading times have obviously never played on a Neo Geo CD.
:word: to that!
Neo Geo CD = Slowwwww

Aus psp 1.52 upgraded to 2.00 then right away down to 1.5!

games:
puzzle bubble
bomberman panic bomber
pinball
marvel nemesis - rise of the imperfects
dynasty warriors
space invaders galaxy beat
wipeout pure
rockman dash 2
taiko no tatsujin poooooooooortabuuuruuuuuuu!! <(^_^<)
guilty gear xx reload
bleach heat the soul 2
ridge racer
lumines

anda 512mb ms
savin up to buy a 1g :)

i've never had a problem with Sony products, I've got a Sony TV and DVD player and my PS2 that i've had since launch still works.  I'm just annoyind that Sony is not pushing the PSP harder, it's like they never intended to try to compete against Nintendo in the handheld market, right now, i believe the DS is walking all over the PSP and in reality it should be the other way around.
throughout my life I've owned numerous sony products ranging from tvs to radios and everything in between. Ive only had 1 prob with the ps2 (DRE)

I know people who think all sony stuff is bad, but its just the video game stuff that may need some tweeking. the rest is very well made IMO

every hear "sony no bologna"? :lol:

and my psp is perfect. no dead anything. and i even dropped it like a month after launch (d'oh ;) )

The problem is they really do take the cheap way in regards to production not just in terms of video games but their VCRs caused my brother to boycott sony products. He had 3 different models of sony editing vcrs all die on him after roughly the same amount of time all with the same problem. Granted he ran them like dogs but for them to each die of the sam problem after the same period of time showed me they arnt about long term product life... it didnt stop me from buying a PS, PS2, PSP and very likely a PS3 because they know how to make stuff people want to own.

As for Madden 06, That's a really screwed up EA issue, you think for the amount of work that they wring out of their programers you'd think they could make a game that isnt that broken.

I have had three PSP's so far.

Got one of the original japanese launch psp's (value pack) imported, payed an ungodly amount, it had some bugs, dead pixel, UMD door didn't close properly, screen cover had some funky issues... was pissed after paying so much so sold it on Ebay.

Bought a second Japanese import one, payed a less ungodly amount this time (also a value pack). Got it soon enough to get another 1.00. It has not been updated. My wife takes this one with her to work and plays pac man, bomberman, and various other games on emu's. I still have this one and will be keeping it probably permanently to be sure I can always play homebrew.

Bought a third PSP for myself on the US launch day. This one was and still is a v 1.5. I haven't found any games yet that were worth upgrading for... sorry I'm sick of GTA :p But I know that soon I am gonna have to update this one... some games out recently that do look pretty good... luckily Mario Kart and Castlevania keeping me busy on my DS so PSP is on hold at the moment.

I will probably buy a fourth (well, third not counting the one I sold) PSP sometime soon, since my wife is also getting interested in some of the games out recently and games on the way (Katamari, anyone??), and as I said, there's no way I'm updating my 1.00, so the only way she's gonna be able to play is to get another. I want one of the white ones soooooo badly, so I'll probably give her mine and let her update it, and get a white one for myself.

I also have a 1gb mem stick and like 10 games, I can't remember them all right now but they were pretty much all the good games that were out at the american launch, I haven't bought anything much newer than that first month.

i have a black 1.5 bought from lik-sang in march this year, i think ive had about 15 games in total since ive had it but either part-exd or sold them, now i only have:

ridge racer
death jr
tiger woods
spiderman 2 movie

32mb ms
512 ms
2gb ms

to all the people who are slating the psp for being poorly made i have to disagree, mine has been chewed by my golden retriever, dropped about 4ft onto concrete floor (this caused the d pad to not go right, left it for a day, then right worked but pressing down made it go right, then the next day 'just worked') and then i dropped it at work off a table on to concrete again making the L trigger stuck, this to miraculously fixed its self! now works fine, just scratches on it everywhere but the screen. <_<

I let my PSP slip off my beed once on to the carpeted floor, that scared the shit out of me, from then on I felt it was better to try and save it by letting it hit my foot than to ever let that happen again.

A broken foot bone can be repaired a lot cheaper than a PSP. :p

The PSP is pretty solidly made, atleast when it's made correctly, I've yet to see one that was horribly made and the demo units they have at Gamestop or best buy seem to survive the general population well enough. (although one had the analog nub popped off but I could still use it.)

I let my PSP slip off my beed once on to the carpeted floor, that scared the shit out of me, from then on I felt it was better to try and save it by letting it hit my foot than to ever let that happen again.

A broken foot bone can be repaired a lot cheaper than a PSP. :p

The PSP is pretty solidly made, atleast when it's made correctly, I've yet to see one that was horribly made and the demo units they have at Gamestop or best buy seem to survive the general population well enough. (although one had the analog nub popped off but I could still use it.)
word to that brotha :D

this other forum i was on was run by like 12 year olds, and the filter began to piss me off like you couldnt believe. they edited out 'pissing' for god sakes! the damn admin kid kept bitching about how a ds could fall down stairs, be hit with a bat, and even thrown in water, but the psp cant even stand being touched. shows how retarded people can be.

I told him to fuck off and left :lol:

He probably giggled because you said "the F word" after you left.

That's the kinda person to whom I'd say "Let me hit your DS with a bat, no seriously, let me. We'll see just how tough it really is."

"Touching is good, huh? *CRACK* ...oops"

(not that I dont want one of course I'm just waiting for a color I like)

I've only dropped my PSP once, and while it didn't damage anything, it did cause a very LARGE spec of dust that I hadnt seen before, to show up underneath the faceplate of the system on top of the LCD.

So... I did what any PSP loving owner would do... I 'gently' tapped the system several times until that piece of dust shook loose and back inside the case somewhere away from the screen :D

By gently tapped, I mean dropped from about a foot high onto my desk several times :blink: :eek:

Back