Official Best Games For Sega Genesis

gp back and play it now, I guarantee you that you will think its bollox

revisiting retro games is not a good idea tho

example: Golden Axe, is it just me or deoes that seem rubbish now, but amazing when u were little

It's really all about attitude. If both games were brilliant back in the day, then they still should be brilliant today. Nothing has changed about the game, just your attitude towards the game (IE, you like eyecandy or a feature impossible to have in older games).

If you really want to be constructive on this thread, then you must tell us exactly why you dislike a certain game so people can read and beware.

Shining force 1
Shining Force 2
beyond the oasis
Dr.Robotniks mean bean machine
Judge dredd (I DONT BREAK THE LAW I AM HE LAW)

I don't post all that much - but when I do, it's usually regarding "Pirates!"...
And the Mega Drive version of "Pirates! Gold" is IMO the best version of this great game...

I actually own a Amiga CD32 that has a similar version of the game - but that one is just lacking in so many places compared to the Mega Drive version.
Anoying really, since the hardware is somewhat better.

gp back and play it now, I guarantee you that you will think its bollox

example: Golden Axe, is it just me or deoes that seem rubbish now, but amazing when u were little
james pond 2 is still a classic game, dude.

so is the golden axe games,

some ofmy favorite megadrive games include: -

bonaza brothers

sensible soccer - the megadrive version was good, better than the snes anyhoo

eathworm jim games too

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaos Engine - Almost perfect conversion of the Amiga classic...top down shooter, quite strange yet horribly addictive.

Comix Zone - Short but worth a look.

Dynamite heady - Sonic games aside this is the Megadrive's greatest platformer.

Ristar - and this is its second.

Time Killers - Damn amusing beat em up.

Streets of rage - eat my lead pipe mofo!

Altered beast - the original and best.

adding some strategy games to this list

i've recently found out that there are versions of KOEI games for genesis as well. it definitely cool that we can play romance of the three kingdoms 2,3 and genghis khan. they are pretty good in graphics, too. kou shibusawa is the people to respect in my opinion.

also there is dune the building of a dynasty. i could just play this to look at how did they did the unit and buildings. pretty hard to play. rts roots!

centurion roman empire stuff. i remember playing the amiga and pc version.

Mickey Mania- Yeah its sounds sad but it really is good.
And esn sonic 3 and knuckles does work on the gp32 cause i'm playing through it as knuckles right now.

Wheres the E-SWAT classic eh??? Also Story of thor, Streets of Rage series (Best beat em ups ever), Outrunners, Fire shark, Fire mustang and I can't be bothered naming more.....

A great game for the genesis would have to be truxton, a very challenging space shooter game, I have no idea how it runs on the GP32.

Thought I'd get this topic going again as we now have the lurveryly new emu by reesy :).

Another vote for aladin as one of the best ever games! I have aladdin, sonic 1 and the origional streets of rage atm. I could play those 3 games for hours.

For some reason sonic 3 & Knuckles doesn't work for me on the new DrMD but it worked perfectly fine on the old version (without saves) anyone know why? I'll just be playing it at either 156, 160, or 166 and it'll just lock up.. no other games on DrMD do this to me though...

I'll also add another vote for gunstar heros

For some reason sonic 3 & Knuckles doesn't work for me on the new DrMD but it worked perfectly fine on the old version (without saves) anyone know why? I'll just be playing it at either 156, 160, or 166 and it'll just lock up.. no other games on DrMD do this to me though...

I'll also add another vote for gunstar heros
Try a different rom dump.

Last edited by a moderator:
M E G A D R I V E!!
damn i loved that system!

my top pics are(also unarguably top tier)

Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Vectorman
The 6pak cart that had hangon, colums, sonic 1 and SOA 1 ;)
Sonic 3
Alladin
Ren and Stimpy
comix zone

these are all i remember, and you guys listed them too ;)

Back