The Communication Cube

Making portal graphics in the more common vertex based engines is quite easy anyway; just render the scene twice, once from the PoV of the player character and one from the output of the portal, then render the one from the portal inside the input portal. Of course in the game portals are bi-directional and you might be able to see both portals in which case you'd need to render three PoVs, and I dare say you could limit the screen area you need to render for at least half of the scenes with a very minimal number of spottable differences (maybe shadows would be borked for example). In a ray tracing scheme you'd need to implement a magic wormhole that takes rays heading into the input portal and translate them over to the output portal for every ray that goes there, and I'm not completely sure whether that's more or less easy to implement in practice.

i'm not super familiar with the standard way to do it, but this goes through some of the ideas/options: https://torinmr.github.io/cs148/. still seems like ray tracing (mentioned first) is the easiest. you're already tracking rays of light. right now i have a Scene.cast_ray(LightBeam&) method, which uses the Geometry.intersect(LightBeam&) method; i think i'd just have to allow the PortalGeometry access to the Scene as well (PortalGeometry.intersect(LightBeam&, Scene*)), which would internally cast another ray if the portal was hit by the first beam (i.e., create another LightBeam based on the transform to be put into another Scene.cast_ray).

and just typing that gave me a pinched nerve in the shoulder, so that was a fun new experience. yikes, and ow. as i try to move my body.

At the moment GOG has many nice discounts.

Check out Mission Critical - a gem of a sci-fi adventure.
Do not check out Maize. What a load of something unpleasant.

Last edited:
Thanks to Disney +, i had the Oportunity to watch booth Versions of the Lion King, Original and Remake, and the First Frozen Movie,
Lion King was pretty good, the Drawn Original is a Classic, and this new Version whit Computer Animated Animals was also good, and it looks fantastik, they even got the Animations this Time a bit more "Realistic" as far as you can make Speaking Animals Realistic..

Frozen was better than i expectet, i though its a Movie for Little Girls, but even for a 35 Year old Man like me, it was quite entertaining.. ^^
Unfortunaly, as i watched the 2 Movies bevor, i was pretty tired yesterday, so it seems like i missed the Ending, but as this is a Streaming App, i can just "Rewind" and watch the Ending ^^

The Second Frozen Movie wasnt available yesterday, but i dont think they will wait that long until the put it on the plattform..

This Evening, i wants to watch Booth Versions of Alaadin, which should also be pretty good..

I was looking at the caterpillar s61 (a phone with build-in infrared camera and a laser distance measuring tool). And I was wondering if the Pyra could handle that, and wondering if it would be useful...then I saw this:

Now i have all the Star Wars Movies watched until Episode 8, wasnt that bad at all, even the new Episodes whit Finn and Rey, and this Keylo Ren Guy werent that bad like everyone said.., shure a lot of Fanservice, i mean: Finn and Rey flew from the Planet at the Beginning whit the Milenium Falcon, and gets catched by Han Solo ?? Realy??
Cool to see how the Actors of the Old Trilogie looks now.., i mean: Han, Laiya and Luke in OLD ?? ^^ ...
I ditnt bought from the Bad Guy that he could be the new Darth Vader....
Even the Old New Trilogie was quite Entertaining, even whit Jajabings....

Im looking forward for the Episode 9, hopefull this comes in 2 Months tm to Disney +

Reactions: rSl
Ep 7 has finally hit broadcast TV here, although I saw that at the cinema when it came out, and I don't think I want to watch it again just yet. I'm waiting for ep8, but I don't think I'll bother with ep9. Reportedly, ep9 mainly just undoes everything ep8 does, and I'm not sure I want to watch anything that pofaced.

Well after my GPD Win is now a bit Bulky, and i got back to my Notebook, i made yesterday evening a bit work on rearanging my Desk Top:
XBOX is back on TV Rack, Printer is in a Diverent Room (my OLD Office), and my HIFI is now back on the Hifi Rack, so there is now more Space on my Desktop for Paperwork etc,
Also cleand up my good old Logithech USB Keyboard, and my Notebook, as they were pretty dusty, now they look good..

And i watched a bit Disney + Yesterday: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, whoa this was a though Film, lots of Deaths, and hate for the Gibsys..
Seems like the Peaple in Old Paris werend that Nice..

Does anyone know, where KDE folk maintain Plasma's visual assets like checkbox or radio buttons, that look like that. I've file-searched quite some repositories in github.com/KDE for svg and png, but no luck so far. Or, do they maintain, in some obscure repo, some Brainfuck code, that produces the graphics on demand?

I installed GerdaOS on my Nokia 8110 a short while back, and despite it still being in alpha things have been going well. :cool:

I've done a couple more things since then. I've disabled the phantom 2nd sim card slot that appears when you install GerdaOS on single sim model https://groups.google.com/d/topic/bananahackers/EqxDsShCBu4/discussion, and I've also re-enabled the network types menu option because it's more useful to me than VOLTE https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2295368/nokia-8110.

Does anyone know, where KDE folk maintain Plasma's visual assets like checkbox or radio buttons, that look like that. I've file-searched quite some repositories in github.com/KDE for svg and png, but no luck so far. Or, do they maintain, in some obscure repo, some Brainfuck code, that produces the graphics on demand?

First we look in the sourcode and see that the checkbox is a ThemedWidgetInterface and it's an SVG

Then we use tineye to reverse search your button and it's KDE Breeze <-- that's the GIT repo for Breeze
t0yYQ7z.png

img source

Now, the code in that kde forum page already reveals it is generated in the QT language, rather than an SVG.
note: This was during the development stage of Breeze, they used QT markup language as RAD to define it.

If you search for checkbox in the code:
Then it looks like they are rendered on the fly...
so that's where I stranded too..

@FBnil Thanks for tracking that down! I wouldn't have had the faintest, where to start looking.
Guess I'll hone my inkscape skills then. That'll be a drag. :)

Btw, is recursive procrastination something to be worried about?

Back