The Communication Cube

I just had a dream where I hoped the other people in class couldn’t hear me talking in my sleep. It’s weird to realize you’re sleeping, but not realize you’re in your apartment.

Man, CBS did a really good job of hyping the heat wave in the western half of the US this morning. I never hear about it on these forums, or in my area of the US. I feel like it's gonna lose some importance in two days too, once summer starts, because then everyone will say, "That's just summer."

Well, what evidence do you have at all that gravity is a wave function? I've not seen any. All waves before we discovered light needed a medium to vibrate in, but the discovery of light as a wave helped to prove that that's not a hard requirement of all waves, and as I say I've not yet seen any evidence that gravity is any kind of wave at all.

I'm getting blue-balled over Potential Tropical Cyclone #3, aka Not Claudette. They still say it will form into a storm requiring a name before landfall, but it doesn't have much distance to shore left. 90% chance of formation and it doesn't happen? What is this, X-COM?

407857cf09485ba17c578fd2df9419d3.jpeg

So, Not Claudette’s formation chances are down to 70% in the next two days, and 80% in the next five days. What are they thinking, that there’s a chance it will form after leaving the US through the Carolinas? That would be a first of its kind event.

That's incredibly owlist of you.
According to a sociologist I know, most swear words in English are only labelled as such because they were the “peasant” class vernacular for everyday things, which the Normans decided was too base and unsuitable a language compared with the Norman-French and Latin of court... So owlist is quite an apt description here! \o/

Just had a twenty minute power outage here, in clear weather. I can only assume it was a ransomware attack, but that doesn't explain why it only lasted twenty minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Back