The Communication Cube

It depends on how much of the county was affected, that's the only metric most of us have to determine what the cause of a power outage is, and whether it affects all the phases of supply or just one. Kids stealing copper from the railway and inadvertently creating a path for the electricity between two bits of severed copper and through their torso, which stops as soon as they pass out can knock out a phase pretty widely. Rodents eating through enough insulation to cause a short will generally just take out a couple of streets. But a power station unexpecedly going off-line can affect all phases for a few minutes, while the power agencies spin up other generators to cope.

Well I’ve no idea how ANOM was configured but as a NOOB I did wonder whether this sting would still have been possible with a FLOSS+Blockchain/distrib./P2P based platform?

Open source software would have helped prevent this happening, but I'll admit, I don't actually check that my chat client is based on the published source, instead I rely on a team of people to do that. If my trust were misplaced, this could still happen to me, not that I discuss my upcoming crimes on it anyway. But if it was a straight compilation from source, they'd need to actually put the naughties in the source, and I only check that occasionally myself. Blockchain wouldn't actually help with this as I understand it, because they way it works is to encrypt a record of all the transactions in the blockchain, which you wouldn't actually want that in an anonymised chat client, but it would help investigators correlate subsequent messages from the same client if that wasn't otherwise obvious.

@Wally Fix the search function. Everything's only going up to 2015, and I need to find a post where I asked for opinions on AI: The Somnium Files.

Edit: You know what, I might've asked in the Discord channel rather than on here. Doesn't help me now, bah.

As I said three pages ago, I'm going with my dad and my sister to a Charlotte Knights baseball game today. I have $62 available for concessions, should I or Dad need them.

What I didn't say three pages ago is that, thanks to Tropical Depression Claudette, there's a literal chance of literal tornadoes in literal Charlotte today. If I don't post this evening, you'll know what got me.

Guys, good news. The Charlotte Knights game was scrubbed more than two hours in advance due to anticipated inclement weather. I won't die in a tornado after all.

My dad's still trying to figure out what to do for Father's Day now. We'll probably eat out somewhere, but I have no idea where.

For those forum members in the UK (or others who have Type 1 data at a UK GP Surgery, or have ever visited a UK hospital - Type 2 data), tomorrow is the actual deadline for registering your Types 1 and 2 Opt-Outs from NHS Digital sharing your NHS Patient Data with mining companies etc. that have nothing to do with the actual direct care you receive from your GP or hospital.
If you want a “how to” guide that should take no more than 10 - 15mins of your time to complete, PM me.

No, sending either of the ones that you pmed me with is fine. The only major diffrence between the two is the layout

True but the letter from MedConfidential highlights your GP’s obligation to put the Opt-Out code on your Patient Record. I sent both just to be sure lol.

The other, offline-based methods for registering your Type 2 Opt-Out only apply for if you’re doing it on behalf of someone else (a minor, or an adult in your care)? They also take a lot longer to do, as far as I understand.

The simplest and quickest ways to register your Type 1 and 2 Opt-Outs are as per the brief description I put above/the guide I PM’d you but I do think it’s ridiculous that they haven’t made it more accessible with better offline methods. There’s an argument there that it’s discriminatory...

The other, offline-based methods for registering your Type 2 Opt-Out only apply for if you’re doing it on behalf of someone else (a minor, or an adult in your care)?

Read the webpage again, it clearly says that you can use the alternate methods to opt-out yourself only if you wish/need to.

zpwlVTTo.png

Back