The Communication Cube

You know, being without a computer right now, I’m tempted to get a Raspberry Pi 400 to tide me over until Pyra arrives. It kinda irks me that there’s nowhere online to browse the available packages though. The top result just has a list in a text file without an extension that Safari on my iPad refuses to open.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Well, it's horses for courses, but I can't see any use for GPU acceleration in my desktop. Maybe when I'm playing a video there, but for actual moving windows around, a blitter is all you need.
Sorry, I really meant more the dual-boot facility!

so why aren't they saying that in their press release?
Maybe to generate buzz, attract investors without giving away how they are doing it (maybe because it's still patent pending; or they don't want industrial copying before going to market first).

So the name ended up being, Unit converteR Is Not EMACS or URINE for short.
NINE (Null is not Emacs)
So what fanta did like 20 years ago: relaunching with 15 flavours or so (generates buzz, attract people so they come to know your brandname), then cutting back to orange only (to maximize sale by offering less choice) is the most efficient way?
Kinda like the Pyra: Launch with 4 colours, but offer 2 (black and gray)

• Haha
Linux-Libre is a GNU package. This means that Linux-Libre is the GNU version of Linux, so it is GNU Linux. I have installed GuixSD on my desktop computer recently so that that desktop computer now runs GNU/GNU Linux; or as I like to call it, GNU+GNU Linux. You mere GNU/Linux peasants are nothing compared to me now. And if you use just Linux, then you are less than nothing; and that to an even greater extend if that Linux distro that you use is Android.

Glory to GNU+GNU Linux; or as I like to call it, GNU/GNU Linux!

Linux-Libre is a GNU package. This means that Linux-Libre is the GNU version of Linux, so it is GNU Linux. I have installed GuixSD on my desktop computer recently so that that desktop computer now runs GNU/GNU Linux; or as I like to call it, GNU+GNU Linux. You mere GNU/Linux peasants are nothing compared to me now. And if you use just Linux, then you are less than nothing; and that to an even greater extend if that Linux distro that you use is Android.

Glory to GNU+GNU Linux; or as I like to call it, GNU/GNU Linux!
Do you/does anyone else here have any ideas for progressing this (last update described further down in the thread’s comments) :
?

Peony's suitcase that I've just packed.
440769-wave-purple-suitcase-2.jpg

j/k

Peony's suitcase that I've just packed.
440769-wave-purple-suitcase-2.jpg

j/k
Dude, where's your loyalty (to Peony and to yourself)? Don't say thinks like that for a ... internet starlet.
PM me your address so I can send you anti-weeb pills. #hornypolice #bonk #araara #omaewamoweeb #antiweebbat

ps: Pills won't work in your advanced stage, only bonks will work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
What chance of a UFS 2.1 or 3.0 interface in a future Pyra replacement board?
It's written as an infomercial, probably sponsored by (see brandname in link). But it has data tables, so that's good.
Only twice throughput speed as UFS2 (due to the 100% the bandwidth increase), but only 50% speed increase in random access (something does not add up). So good for ISO files (and 16GB RAW camera pictures), but no idea if they are noticeably faster for a Unix system. The Pyra has a large amount of RAM, so it's RAM speed that is more essential.
Also a bit worried about the powerdraw to be able to do this at full speed.
And the price. I rather wait half a second more than have to pay for expensive new tech.

My feelings: It feels like an SD120 trying to replace the floppydisk. SD still reigns due to the cheaper price. Will not happen as the EMMC market/usage segment is different than the SD segment.
Now, if UFS2 is replaced by UFS3, sure, that's a no-brainer.

The formfactors look similar, so there might be an universal reader (that has to support both), but they went their own design way, creating yet another a new interface. So soon i'll have to buy a 21-in-one USB card reader.

Last edited:
Back